Friendly - November 10 - Miami (Away)

85th minute, we've played fairly well, and all I can think about is how fitting it would be if we blew one last late-game lead this season...
arya stark love GIF

great to hear taty got an argentina call up for wc qualifiers. couldn't be prouder!

Shame this was a friendly and Bakrar didn't finish. Else Risa's pass in the 2nd (?) minute would go down alongside Pirlo's and Allen's best in team lore.

Reactions: gbservis
I know it’s a friendly so like you can’t be sure the effort level put in by both teams. But damn that was an excellent game by the Generals tonight! They suffered through most of the first half and found their moment via Magno. Freeze had a cult status maker of a game against Messi. And speaking of the Goat, he was really well covered all evening. Very excited to see this front line next year and Mitja improving. I really would have loved to see Bakrar do the Ronaldo celebration tonight against Messi lol. All in all a really good performance from our boys against a team that really looked to be playing tough.

Last edited:
I know it’s a friendly so like you can’t be sure the effort level put in by both teams. But damn that was an excellent game by the Generals tonight! They suffered through most of the first half and found their moment via Magno. Freeze had a cult status maker of a game against Messi. And speaking of the Goat, he was really well covered all evening. Very excited to see this front line next year and Mitja improving. I really would have loved to see Bakrar do the Ronaldo celebration tonight against Messi lol. All in all a really good performance from our boys against a team that really looked to be playing tough.

I only saw the 7 min highlight but it seemed like a good game. Miami doesn't press and given the space we seemed to play well. Hopefully Nick has settled on a starting lineup, specially on attack. Absent any reinforcements this is already a team that should comfortably make the playoffs. Bakrar keeps on making good runs, combining well, having decent hold-up play, and then not scoring. Hopefully he will revert to mean at some point. IMHO he always passes the eye test, except for the lack of scoring. Fernandez has a sweet left foot.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I only saw the 7 min highlight but it seemed like a good game. Miami doesn't press and given the space we seemed to play well. Hopefully Nick has settled on a starting lineup, specially on attack. Absent any reinforcements this is already a team that should comfortably make the playoffs. Bakrar keeps on making good runs, combining well, having decent hold-up play, and then not scoring. Hopefully he will revert to mean at some point. IMHO he always passes the eye test, except for the lack of scoring. Fernandez has a sweet
In a normal match we would have been given two pens in the first half.

Glad the team decided to show up. We have some exciting players and play a generally attractive style but third lowest goals in the league speaks for itself.

Magno looked great. I think he is poised for a breakout season next year.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Talles Magno was cooking last night. The opening goal was terrific, and his pass to Fernandez for the 2nd was sublime. One touch, outside of the foot - and the spin carrying it away from the defense and toward the shooter.

Magno performs well when he has space and Miami was giving him tons of it. If the team wants a Magno rebound in 2024 the best investment they can make is in a proven striker that will occupy CBs the way Taty did.

Reactions: Kenny and moogoo
I didn’t watch any of the game, but watched the highlights. For those who did watch, did the intensity feel like a regular season, playoff, or friendly match?

I didn’t watch any of the game, but watched the highlights. For those who did watch, did the intensity feel like a regular season, playoff, or friendly match?
It was an active engaged friendly. If nothing else, Messi wanted to score, Miami tried to make it happen, and we defended. Messi had 10 shots, but only 1 on target. We had only 32% possession, and I think that number was below 25% late in the first half. But we still managed 16 shots and 8 corners so it's not like we never attacked, either. It was kind of a weird effort by us in that regard. It also got kind of chippy at the end after Miami made it a 1 goal game.

Reactions: JayH
It was an active engaged friendly. If nothing else, Messi wanted to score, Miami tried to make it happen, and we defended. Messi had 10 shots, but only 1 on target. We had only 32% possession, and I think that number was below 25% late in the first half. But we still managed 16 shots and 8 corners so it's not like we never attacked, either. It was kind of a weird effort by us in that regard. It also got kind of chippy at the end after Miami made it a 1 goal game.
That possession number feels very low, even under Cushing. Maybe a new style of play to be seen in 2024.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
That possession number feels very low, even under Cushing. Maybe a new style of play to be seen in 2024.

We should take absolutely nothing out of this game. It was an offseason friendly played with one week's notice when the players were already in an offseason training program. Take nothing out of it other than enjoying an extra game to end the year.

I laughed at the moment after the game where Jasson goes to Messi, asks for his jersey, and Messi denies him.

Say this for Andres Jasson. Kid's got some brass balls on him.

• Haha
Reactions: SoupInNYC and JayH
I laughed at the moment after the game where Jasson goes to Messi, asks for his jersey, and Messi denies him.

Say this for Andres Jasson. Kid's got some brass balls on him.
It was a special one off jersey with that special Messi Balon d'Or emblem on it. I don't think he was giving it away to anyone.