Friendly - November 10 - Miami (Away)

It was a special one off jersey with that special Messi Balon d'Or emblem on it. I don't think he was giving it away to anyone.

I'm not criticizing him at all -- just laughing at the balls on Andres Jasson, of all people, to ask for it. The 16th person on our depth chart thinks he's getting Messi's shirt.

I'm not criticizing him at all -- just laughing at the balls on Andres Jasson, of all people, to ask for it. The 16th person on our depth chart thinks he's getting Messi's shirt.
Now I'm wondering if there's a protocol for these things when the opposition has a world class player, not just Messi level but anyone clearly a notch above everyone else out there and everyone would leap at a chance to trade jerseys. Is it a free for all and the first guy with an opportunity after the game just moves in? Do they discuss it in advance, and is there some sort of ROFR by seniority or something?

Reactions: Plasnick
Now I'm wondering if there's a protocol for these things when the opposition has a world class player, not just Messi level but anyone clearly a notch above everyone else out there and everyone would leap at a chance to trade jerseys. Is it a free for all and the first guy with an opportunity after the game just moves in? Do they discuss it in advance, and is there some sort of ROFR by seniority or something?

There was an article in the athletic about it. Messi, basically, tends to trade with whichever Argentinian player is on the opposing roster, and that he sometimes prearranges it. But that he almost always gives his shirt away.

Reactions: mgarbowski
There was an article in the athletic about it. Messi, basically, tends to trade with whichever Argentinian player is on the opposing roster, and that he sometimes prearranges it. But that he almost always gives his shirt away.
Jasson's parents, or at least one of them, are from Argentina, so maybe he thought he had an edge that way