Game Of Thrones (spoilers)

so they turn Blackfish into a barely minor character by killing him off screen (after not seeing him since the Red Wedding). I was hoping for an inspiring fight scene and watch him go down in a blaze of glory.

and isn't Game of Thrones medicine just the best? Arya 1) gets stabbed multiple times in the gut (and the waif even twists the knife), 2) goes for a swim in sewage water and all it takes is bandages and bed rest to heal her internal organs overnight so she can go through a big city chase scene and kill the waif like a jedi "with the blast shield" down the next morning?

So it seems to me Cercie was referring to wild fire when asking qyborn if he found what she told him to look for. The same wildfire that Aerys wanted to blow up Kings Landing with and Jamie killed him before he did to become the king slayer. Same wild fire Tyrion used in the battle of the Blackwater. Same wild fire bran saw in his vision of everything a couple episodes back. We also know, as a child, a witch told Cercie she would see all her children die and be killed by a little brother. What if Jamie returns to see Cercie about the blow up Kings Landing, or she actually did blow it up and killed Tommen in the process, and then he kills her to either prevent it like with Aerys of in a fit of rage if she does kill Tommen in the process?

Reactions: NYCFCfan
So it seems to me Cercie was referring to wild fire when asking qyborn if he found what she told him to look for. The same wildfire that Aerys wanted to blow up Kings Landing with and Jamie killed him before he did to become the king slayer. Same wild fire Tyrion used in the battle of the Blackwater. Same wild fire bran saw in his vision of everything a couple episodes back. We also know, as a child, a witch told Cercie she would see all her children die and be killed by a little brother. What if Jamie returns to see Cercie about the blow up Kings Landing, or she actually did blow it up and killed Tommen in the process, and then he kills her to either prevent it like with Aerys of in a fit of rage if she does kill Tommen in the process?
Would Tyrion not have used all the wildfire? Weren't they struggling to make enough for him before the Battle of the Blackwater?

Reactions: LostAnvil
Would Tyrion not have used all the wildfire? Weren't they struggling to make enough for him before the Battle of the Blackwater?

They didn't find all of it. Here's the quote from A Clash of Kings

And much of the stock [of wildfire] we made for Aerys was lost. Only last year, two hundred jars were discovered in a storeroom beneath the Great Sept of Baelor. No one could recall how they came there, but I'm sure I do not need to tell you that the High Septon was beside himself with terror." (21.Tyrion.10)

We also have this quote from Jamie in A Storm of Swords

The Mad King was obsessed with it. He loved to watch people burn, the way their skin blackened and blistered and melted off their bones. He burned lords he didn't like. He burned Hands who disobeyed him. He burned anyone who was against him. Before long, half the country was against him. Aerys saw traitors everywhere. So he had his pyromancers place caches of wildfire all over the city. Beneath the Sept of Baelor and the slums of Flea Bottom. Under houses, stables, taverns. Even beneath the Red Keep itself.

So you see, there is much more Wildfire lying about below Kings Landing. And it seems Quborn's little birds may have found it.

Reactions: Jack and LostAnvil
also, searching for those quotes, seems a lot of people believe Cersie will burn down (or try to burn) Kings Landing. But I don't see too many thinking Jamie will kill her for it.

could the little brother be Tommen sentencing Cersie to death??? No one would have seen that coming, very GRRM way to do it. Only problem is she needs to see Tommen die before she's killed. Maybe that's where the wildfire comes in...

Reactions: LostAnvil
also, searching for those quotes, seems a lot of people believe Cersie will burn down (or try to burn) Kings Landing. But I don't see too many thinking Jamie will kill her for it.

could the little brother be Tommen sentencing Cersie to death??? No one would have seen that coming, very GRRM way to do it. Only problem is she needs to see Tommen die before she's killed. Maybe that's where the wildfire comes in...
I'm thinking that Tommen is the Valonqar - the identity of his father will likely come out during the trial and if so, I'm willing to bet he kills himself (which might be the first suicide in GoT), but Cersi is still sentenced to death, technically by Tommen - that would cause the prophecy to come true

Reactions: adam
I've never seen a cooler depiction of a typical medieval battle scene. Hopefully future movies, shows, etc. get the hint and realize that you can make it feel visceral without some shitty, shaky camera work and a lot of motion blur. I always feel sick watching those scenes. The way they kept the focus on John while the bedlam (horses smashing into each other, pure chaos, etc) was taking place around him was just awesome.

I've never seen a cooler depiction of a typical medieval battle scene. Hopefully future movies, shows, etc. get the hint and realize that you can make it feel visceral without some shitty, shaky camera work and a lot of motion blur. I always feel sick watching those scenes. The way they kept the focus on John while the bedlam (horses smashing into each other, pure chaos, etc) was taking place around him was just awesome.
Did you see the behind the scenes? Those were all real horses. The way they filmed it all was mind blowing and made me appreciate it more knowing they weren't CGI.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
The idiot Stark kid could have survived if only he wasn't just running into a straight line. You can tell he hadn't really had to fend for himself.

Reactions: Jack and adam
That was one of the best battle scenes ever Period.
When they showed the piles of bodies and people still squirming and screaming it was bone chilling.
Hopefully this doesn't mean a weak finale. That's usually how they do it. Strong finale or strong pre-finale. Usually never both.

Reactions: Jack
That was one of the best battle scenes ever Period.
When they showed the piles of bodies and people still squirming and screaming it was bone chilling.
Hopefully this doesn't mean a weak finale. That's usually how they do it. Strong finale or strong pre-finale. Usually never both.

Well they still have to wrap up Kings Landing, that should be a blast ;) We should also lear Margery's plot for the High Sparrow. They previewed the North last episode, so we get a denouement there; shouldn't be exciting, but will give us an idea of the political projection the Sansa and Jon plan to take. Will they give us more Mereen? Sam & Gilly? Arya? The Hound and Bw/oB? Brienne & Pod? Will Jamie make it back to KL? Bran & Coldhands/Benjen??? It's supposed to be the longest episode ever for the series, so hopefully they hit on many of those sub-plots to keep us interested till next year. Though I hope WoW comes out before next season and I can get a little ahead again with the real story.