Game Of Thrones (spoilers)

*ahem*
Gendry returns. A Dragon, a Wolf, a Stag and a Lion all fighting on the same side.
Well technically John isn't a Wolf since the House runs through the father, Rhaegar.... and it's gonna be an uncomfortable silence when John realizes Gendry's dad killed his in the middle of the Trident. Or more likely the debt is paid when Gendry saves John from the white walker onslaught.

Well technically John isn't a Wolf since the House runs through the father, Rhaegar.... and it's gonna be an uncomfortable silence when John realizes Gendry's dad killed his in the middle of the Trident. Or more likely the debt is paid when Gendry saves John from the white walker onslaught.
I think Jon will accept the burdens and benefits of being Targaryen, but will remain more emotionally loyal to House Stark. I think he won't care a whit that Gendry's dad killed a father Jon had no idea he had a connection to. I did think it a little sad that their mutual "hey bastard" bro-moment was based on a misunderstanding.

Also, I suppose it is likely that Gendry ends up being legitimized by Jon/Daenerys and named as the new Lord of House Baratheon. It's not like there is anyone left to oppose him for that title. Assuming he survives.

Also, I suppose it is likely that Gendry ends up being legitimized by Jon/Daenerys and named as the new Lord of House Baratheon. It's not like there is anyone left to oppose him for that title. Assuming he survives.

What about Sam as Lord of the Reach? Does he get Highgarden? Or rule from Horn Hill?

What about Sam as Lord of the Reach? Does he get Highgarden? Or rule from Horn Hill?
Does the Night Watch disband? Is the victory absolute such that it is no longer needed for all time? If not I always figured him for Lord Commander. If his oath is rendered moot he seems he would be more content as a maester, hand or even on the Small Council for Jon/Dany.

Does the Night Watch disband? Is the victory absolute such that it is no longer needed for all time? If not I always figured him for Lord Commander. If his oath is rendered moot he seems he would be more content as a maester, hand or even on the Small Council for Jon/Dany.

If the wall collapses, or is proven useless by the white walkers just walking around the thing, then what's the point of the men in black? Just give the area to the free folk (who would never follow the night's watch long term anyway) with an agreement that they are the first line of defense and can call in reinforcements from the South in the next apocalypse.

Moreover, Sam just stealing rare manuscripts and leaving the Citadel is a real turning point for his character arc. He chose pragmatism over duty (very Randal Tarly like, and different than Dickon who should have shut the F up when his dad burned, so he could fight another day). Also, there's no way he gives up dipping his stick in the Gilly. Sam's a man now. Sam the Slayer!!! Watch out Westeros!

If the wall collapses, or is proven useless by the white walkers just walking around the thing, then what's the point of the men in black? Just give the area to the free folk (who would never follow the night's watch long term anyway) with an agreement that they are the first line of defense and can call in reinforcements from the South in the next apocalypse.

Moreover, Sam just stealing rare manuscripts and leaving the Citadel is a real turning point for his character arc. He chose pragmatism over duty (very Randal Tarly like, and different than Dickon who should have shut the F up when his dad burned, so he could fight another day). Also, there's no way he gives up dipping his stick in the Gilly. Sam's a man now. Sam the Slayer!!! Watch out Westeros!
So Sam is Azor Ahai, confirmed.

ETA: and really, how stupid did Dickon show himself to be.

interesting theory from Reddit as to what could happen after Arya found the scroll

upload_2017-8-14_11-23-6.png

very Randal Tarly like, and different than Dickon who should have shut the F up when his dad burned, so he could fight another day
wut? i believe randal only had to bend the knee and he would have been alright. Hard to call that pragmatic.

wut? i believe randal only had to bend the knee and he would have been alright. Hard to call that pragmatic.

Switching over to the supposedly stronger son to continue his line. Switching over the Lannisters over the Tyrells. I think his choice to not bend the knee was in a sense overt racism, since he'd then be fighting with a foreign army. When has racism and logic ever gone hand in hand?

That's funny!

What did the scroll say - I couldn't read it and didn't hit pause?

"Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark." - Sansa

it was the letter Sansa was forced to write to Robb back in like Season 2 or something - saying he should bend the knee to Joffrey - pretty sure Sacha Kljestan left that as a decoy for Arya to find so it'll drive a wedge between the sisters

he definitely did... and Sacha was one of the advisors to house lannister when they forced sansa to write it.

it was the letter Sansa was forced to write to Robb back in like Season 2 or something - saying he should bend the knee to Joffrey - pretty sure Sacha Kljestan left that as a decoy for Arya to find so it'll drive a wedge between the sisters

Season 1. Ned was still alive. Cercie made her write it to supposedly save her dad's life.

Season 1. Ned was still alive. Cercie made her write it to supposedly save her dad's life.

if i recall correctly that was the actually plan but joffrey being super douche chopped his head against the wishes of everyone else on his council. i could be wrong though

Switching over to the supposedly stronger son to continue his line. Switching over the Lannisters over the Tyrells. I think his choice to not bend the knee was in a sense overt racism, since he'd then be fighting with a foreign army. When has racism and logic ever gone hand in hand?
wait what? are you calling randal pragmatic or are you calling him not pragmatic. You said Sam was acting pragmatically over duty then said very randal tarly like. I say randal tarly is unpragmatic. He is stubborn and unwilling go the logical way of staying alive and chooses to burn rather then bend the knee.

if i recall correctly that was the actually plan but joffrey being super douche chopped his head against the wishes of everyone else on his council. i could be wrong though

You're correct. Ned was to take the black. He children live, Sansa marries Joffery. The kingdoms are united under house lannister. Littlefinger still gets the eyrie eventually with this plan. Everyone is happy and Rob is warden of the North. The End. Then Joffery being Joffery...

Back