General MLS Discussion

Blackburn Rovers either botched the administrative filing for their acquisition of Duncan McGuire from Orlando or canceled the deal because they couldn't afford the agreed transfer fee, or they feigned a late paperwork filing to cover up the inability to pay. And they've similarly botched deals just last year.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Finally, when I first saw the tweet and read "Beckham also booed post-match," I thought for a second it meant that Beckham was booing that Messi didn't play.:confused:
This is why things shouldn't be written in passive voice.
Nothing should be written in the passive voice… ever!

Actually, let me rephrase that. People shouldn’t write in the passive voice… ever!

Nothing should be written in the passive voice… ever!

Actually, let me rephrase that. People shouldn’t write in the passive voice… ever!
Things, in the passive voice, should not be written.

Interesting deep dive on social net usage by Andrew Judd, who despsite his misguided choice of team to support, writes pretty well.

We fall smack in the middle of the pack by most measures and this forum goes unmentioned, but in most cases comfortably ahead of the New Jersey team.

One of my favorite Super Bowl traditions is now the planning of game day food for our season opener.

What's up with MLS not advertising during the superbowl? (Unless I missed it) you'd think it would be like THE opportune time to advertise. Especially with the season starting like two weeks after it.

What's up with MLS not advertising during the superbowl? (Unless I missed it) you'd think it would be like THE opportune time to advertise. Especially with the season starting like two weeks after it.

A 30-second commercial costs $7 million. Honestly, I think most American sports fans know MLS exists. They just refuse to watch it because ZOMG soccer is so boring. Not sure what a $7 million commercial could do to change that perception.

Reactions: 413Blue
There was also a UEFA Champions League commercial, and a pretty good one at that!

I was an economics major undergrad, switched from physics. So, this is one of my favorite jokes.

A physicist, a chemist and an economist are walking down the street. The physicist looks down and says "hey! It's a fifty dollar bill!"

"No it's not" the economist replies.

"Yes" says the physicist. "It has all the characteristics of a $50 bill. The right mass, the right shape; the paper crinkles in the just the right way."

"No" says the economist. "I am certain that's not a $50 bill."

"What do you mean?" says the chemist. "It has all the right properties; the ink, the paper; they interact just as one would expect."

"No!" insisted the economist. "Look, if that were a $50 bill, someone would have picked it up by now."

I really am endlessly fascinated by this economics question. I have an ongoing argument with my wife that if our Miami tix could sell for $1000, there is no difference between us keeping them vs us buying $1000 tix if we didn't already have them. Either way we are trading $1000 for having the tix. She refuses to see it this way. She would never spend $1000 on these tix. But she absolutely won't consider selling them for $1000.