Home - 03/12 DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably agree that PV likely won't include JLew in the 18 for the reasons you list above. However, I do think JLew with less training with the team has more to offer than Khiry though..

Also, and again, sorry if I have missed this elsewhere, do we know what Camargo's status is?

The only thought of putting Khiry above JLew is that Khiry provides height on crosses while on the attack (see his goal off his shoulder last season vs. DC) rather than set pieces (Chanot would fill in for that). I'd say we see JLew in the 18 next game. Though there's the consideration we want to keep his GA status for next year so putting him in less matches would help that case.

Camargo is not listed in the injury report so we have to think he's healthy (as of when it was written) to play.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
The only thought of putting Khiry above JLew is that Khiry provides height on crosses while on the attack (see his goal off his shoulder last season vs. DC) rather than set pieces (Chanot would fill in for that). I'd say we see JLew in the 18 next game. Though there's the consideration we want to keep his GA status for next year so putting him in less matches would help that case.

Camargo is not listed in the injury report so we have to think he's healthy (as of when it was written) to play.
I could see Lewis making the 18 because he's in more game-shape than anybody else, and he is as fast as anybody else while having the ability to break down the defense (take note Khiry). PV will want a win, at home, in the opener.... he's going to want the strongest bench possible so there's no reason to think Lewis won't be in contention at least for the bench. Now will he make it....

Reactions: JayH

Shelton is too scared to head it.

He'll be away for the u-20 World Cup and with so much competition on the wing I think we'll be able to keep his GA status.

Amid all this absurd and peurile Shelton bashing, I want to make clear that the only reason I put JLew in the 18 is I think Coach V will want to reward him with that and maybe a short run out if the game allows. Give him a little confidence.

What nonsense. Go back and watch the Dallas game.
Agreed On the Shelton bashing on the last game. Is there anyone in the world that wins a one on one every single time? The guy got into good positions and wasn't able to convert, exactly like every single other player in the game. I don;t think shelton is great, but he has really improved in the past 12 months, and maded good plays just to get to those balls. He not the worst player on the team, that honor goes to the guy who is injured right now.

So I won the March Giveaway on here, which was NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan's seats to this match! I was looking forward to trying out those seats, as I have considered moving down there since ever!
Unfortunately, both my wife and daughter got the bug and I can already feel it hitting me. So I almost definitely will not be able to go tomorrow. If anyone here will definitely be going tomorrow and wants those seats, pm me and they are yours. In the interest of keeping with the spirit of the giveaway, first person to pm me who also entered the giveaway gets them.

So I won the March Giveaway on here, which was NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan's seats to this match! I was looking forward to trying out those seats, as I have considered moving down there since ever!
Unfortunately, both my wife and daughter got the bug and I can already feel it hitting me. So I almost definitely will not be able to go tomorrow. If anyone here will definitely be going tomorrow and wants those seats, pm me and they are yours. In the interest of keeping with the spirit of the giveaway, first person to pm me who also entered the giveaway gets first dibs.
Very kind of you to do that. I'm sure someone will be able to freeze take advantage of them

Very kind of you to do that. I'm sure someone will be able to freeze take advantage of them
Lol I hope so. The good thing about those seats is that (I believe) they have very quick access to a concourse area where they can get away from the wind for a bit!

The bathrooms will be packed with people watching/listening the game in the somewhat warm room.

Reactions: Vaporizer
Lol I hope so. The good thing about those seats is that (I believe) they have very quick access to a concourse area where they can get away from the wind for a bit!

The bathrooms will be packed with people watching/listening the game in the somewhat warm room.
PM'ed you

Reactions: 413Blue
So Alex Kraemer, our in-stadium host, spend yesterday at Yankee Stadium. Her instagram story was 17 hours ago, the entire stadium is covered in snow. No tarp anywhere.

17264963_10102867814334157_2162248784561647925_n.jpg

Last edited:
So Alex Kraemer, our in-stadium host, spend yesterday at Yankee Stadium. Her instagram story was 17 hours ago, the entire stadium is covered in snow. No tarp anywhere.

View attachment 6734

If the field is anything like my front lawn, the snow might already be melted. Pretty much the minute the sun came out yesterday, snow was melting all over the place.

I believe the field is also heated, so they probably got that off the field pretty quick once the snow stopped.

I'm watching the leverkusen game on msg+ and a scroll across the bottom just said the ORL-NE game was postponed due to "extreme cold"...

I'm watching the leverkusen game on msg+ and a scroll across the bottom just said the ORL-NE game was postponed due to "extreme cold"...
It was. I just went outside and I swear it was like the worst weather i've ever faced. The wind literally felt like someone was shaving my face with an old rusty axe while someone was spraying lemon juice at me.
The way Gillette Stadium is designed allows wind to flow all through the stadium. Some fan would have died for sure.
Edit: I live in MA, not sure if it's as disgusting down in NYC today.

It was. I just went outside and I swear it was like the worst weather i've ever faced. The wind literally felt like someone was shaving my face with an old rusty axe while someone was spraying lemon juice at me.
The way Gillette Stadium is designed allows wind to flow all through the stadium. Some fan would have died for sure.
Yeah I'm going to go ahead and stay inside my apartment today... view from my windows is enough outdoors for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.