Home - 03/12 DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEATHER UPDATE

I'm told the team is monitoring the weather report for this weekend and there's a *chance* that the game is postponed. A final decision to be made by mid day tomorrow.

New England already postponed theirs because of extreme cold and wind chills (high of 25 and low of 8 with wind at 10-14 mph), NYC is expected to be in a similar situation (high of 29, low of 19 with wind at 11-15 mph).

Follow Up: Are they training today? If so, where?

And what other dates could be even available for Yankee Stadium? Are we going to play a doubleheader one day?

And what other dates could be even available for Yankee Stadium? Are we going to play a doubleheader one day?

This. Biggest problem would be to find a window to replay the game due to the Yankee schedule + time for changeover. I think someone looked at all possible windows before the schedule was released ( Gotham Gator Gotham Gator ?)

Knowing this board, a list of all possible dates for a reschedule will be here before the FO has done the calculations.

But I personally think the game goes on.

Follow Up: Are they training today? If so, where?

They're training, or at least scheduled to train, at SUNY Purchase today.

It's likely just an automated email but I've just received a "The Boys Are Back" home opener ticket sales email, if anything at all can be read into that. You would think they would have the foresight to disable them if they were considering postponing the match but who knows. If they do postpone, though, people purchasing tickets from that solicitation will be rightly annoyed.

Reactions: Ulrich
Cancelling the game due to temperature (beyond what would be deemed manifestly dangerous) would be just about the most un-New York thing that they could do. No chance (I hope).

It's likely just an automated email but I've just received a "The Boys Are Back" home opener ticket sales email, if anything at all can be read into that. You would think they would have the foresight to disable them if they were considering postponing the match but who knows. If they do postpone, though, people purchasing tickets from that solicitation will be rightly annoyed.
Also slightly annoyed: people trying to sell their extras who just got undercut by the club on a weekend already setup for a tough sell.

Cancelling the game due to temperature (beyond what would be deemed manifestly dangerous) would be just about the most un-New York thing that they could do. No chance (I hope).
True--I've played in and attended matches in colder temperatures and been just fine so helpfully it'll go on.

Also slightly annoyed: people trying to sell their extras who just got undercut by the club on a weekend already setup for a tough sell.
Indeed. And I may very well be one of those slightly annoyed individuals.

Reactions: SayWhat44 and JayH
Yep, that was a shit move by the club to undercut everybody. Very few unsold club seats left in the lower bowl, but with the weather there's an influx of resales being posted. They should forget about trying to open the upper decks and let any "takers" work through the resales.

Yep, that was a shit move by the club to undercut everybody. Very few unsold club seats left in the lower bowl, but with the weather there's an influx of resales being posted. They should forget about trying to open the upper decks and let any "takers" work through the resales.

Not sure they were undercutting anyone. I think that's the same discount that City Members always get on extra tickets.

Reactions: Lasker
I haven't been paying much attention this week....has JLew been back and in training with our guys?

Yeah, he's been back since training began this week. You can see him in the inside training video. However, I don't think Vieira will put JLew in the 18 considering he's only been with NYCFC for two weeks since preseason began and as a 19 year, he shouldn't rush him into the lineup.

I would like to see Ben Olsen put Ian Harkes in the game. The highly touted rookie of the year projection and best college player last year.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Yeah, he's been back since training began this week. You can see him in the inside training video. However, I don't think Vieira will put JLew in the 18 considering he's only been with NYCFC for two weeks since preseason began and as a 19 year, he shouldn't rush him into the lineup.

I would like to see Ben Olsen put Ian Harkes in the game. The highly touted rookie of the year projection and best college player last year.
I would probably agree that PV likely won't include JLew in the 18 for the reasons you list above. However, I do think JLew with less training with the team has more to offer than Khiry though..

Also, and again, sorry if I have missed this elsewhere, do we know what Camargo's status is?

Status
Not open for further replies.