Home - 03/15 New England Revolution

I thought Nemec looked better. He missed a chance my wife could've made right in front of us, though. That said, Villa missed 2.5 solid chances.

Proud we created some good looks.

Awesome game and the atmosphere at Yankee Stadium is actually way better than i had expected it to be, I think we were much improved over last week's performance, get just a bit better in the final third and we'll really be dangerous.

like others have mentioned a few scary moments on defense, also didn't think nemec was that great.

Feel bad for Grabavoy, the match recaps from some national sites I've read have credited Mix with the give and go on the first goal instead of him haha

KING OF THE EAST
Some pics i found on Twitter
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Promising start- defense needs some work and Shelton should start, but overall a decent couple of games

So, anyone else wish we had Tierney? Some would call that a cultured left foot. Plays a beautiful ball into the box. Looks to have found a bit more consistency.

My grades:

Saunders: 7
Another nice game. Good positioning

Williams 5
Adds to the offense, but let Tierney have a field day sending in uncontested crosses.

Hernandez 6
Best on the back line defensively. Had agudelo covered on his chance, but defense weak overall.

Wingert 5
Did not stand out negatively, but NE had guys running free through the middle for big stretches

Brovsky 4
Lost on the attack, doesn't seem to defend

Jacobson 5
Was not providing adequate cover to back line, and lost the ball repeatedly on bad passes.

Mix 6
NE seemed to game plan to take mix out of the game, not close to last week, but his cross to Villa late was a thing of beauty.

Grabavoy 5
Mind knows what to do, body often seems unable to do it. Whiffed wide open chance late.

Velasquez 6
Tough in defense being on right wing, but better than ballouchy, and helps with possession.

Villa 9
Total stud. Had two taken away by shuttleworths finger tips. Great goal, great assist. Home opener. Love him. MOTM

Nemec 4
Unable to finish, and clumsy first touch. Can't figure Kreis thinking. Villa needs a partner that can finish

Subs:
Shelton 7
Instant impact drawing the penalty. Quick, smart, should be starting.

Facey 6
Not much time to make an impact, but noticeably better on the ball than other options.

Mullins 6
Nice run onto Villas sweet cross.