Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Next game is a home game against the Whitecaps.

Kickoff 4pm Saturday
I'll actually be able to watch this one. I don't know if that's a good thing tho. Watched some of first half yesterday and damn is it tough.
My biggest gripe is that we lack movement off the ball. When a player has the ball in the midfield or one of the forwards they're forced to do so much on their own. I'd like to see some movement from the other players. Come forward into space and create a passing lane. Make the pass and then run off into space.

Call me crazy but any European leagues I've watched this is the case. Players are constantly moving off the ball and creating passing lanes to limit pressure. This way if a defenders steps up you make the pass into space.
With us it's so stagnant and we resort to a lot of poor passes into marked players that turn into turnovers.

Kickoff 4pm Saturday
I'll actually be able to watch this one. I don't know if that's a good thing tho. Watched some of first half yesterday and damn is it tough.
My biggest gripe is that we lack movement off the ball. When a player has the ball in the midfield or one of the forwards they're forced to do so much on their own. I'd like to see some movement from the other players. Come forward into space and create a passing lane. Make the pass and then run off into space.

Call me crazy but any European leagues I've watched this is the case. Players are constantly moving off the ball and creating passing lanes to limit pressure. This way if a defenders steps up you make the pass into space.
With us it's so stagnant and we resort to a lot of poor passes into marked players that turn into turnovers.
You're crazy. This is MLS - players don't move unless they have the ball.... it's Section 82 Part 15 Subset B Paragraph 5 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement: Unless said player currently is in possession of the ball at their feet, they are not required to expend any extra energy than they deem necessary to receive the pass.

Last night I corralled around the Batter's Eyes bar before kick-off. I agree with many on here that those seats are great to watch the game. We got there early and the seats were empty, so we plotted down in hopes of watching from there. Unfortunately for me, a staff member came by a few minutes later to verify tickets, so no luck there.

I'll be at the game again Saturday and will most likely go to the Batter's eyes section again before kick-off for a beer.

Let's go NYCFC.

Kickoff 4pm Saturday

As much as I agree with this, I thought we showed improvement in exactly that aspect of the game last night, especially in the second half. TMac and Mendoza seem to be starting to get the idea. I said it in chat but Shelton needs to start running everytime Pirlo gets the ball in space. That *should* be a deadly combo, but so far it isn't really happening.

Last year our record at home was
6 wins
7 losses
4 draws

This year our home record is
0 wins
1 loss
4 draws

If we go 6-6 the rest of the year at home, we'll be as bad as we were last year. Who can honestly see us winning more than 6 of our home games?

EJ
Brillant Hernandez Mata
Bravo Mix
Shelton Pirlo TMac
Villa Mullins/Taylor

I like the 3-5-2. We have so many mids that we need to play with 5, obviously the mids need to support the backline, but this is our best possible lineup. Once Lampard (if ever) and Harrison are healthy, we will really have no choice but to play this formation, maybe a 4-5-1, but I think 3-5-2 will have more success in this league.

being winless in 5 at home and already falling out of the playoff picture heading out on a 3 game road swing. I feel we have to take 3 on Saturday
There are only 3 teams with over 10 points after 7 games in the Eastern Conference. We are not already falling out of the playoff race.

Status
Not open for further replies.