Home - 07/19 TFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, as someone who hates trash talk and banter,
OK, MGarb hates banter.
csimiami_horatio_hub.jpg
Nothing wrong with that.
But wait...
if you have a big enough hammer you can make people shut up. That's my go to move when someone won't leave me alone. Escalate to DEFCON 5 throw all the nukes at once immediately and without mercy and if they whine remind them that you never asked to get involved so just shut up. I'm sure everyone hates that but IDGAF. But you need the ammo. If necessary, I'll even change the topic by switching teams and rivalries or even sports if I know the person well enough to do so.

... goes on to show he is banter master level 125

csi-miami-350x227.jpg

TEAM50

The question we have is how to cover for the one guy that is missing - Wallace. Do we move Maxi there and have a Pirlo-Ring-Herrera mid? Do we leave Pirlo on the bench and use TMac or Lewis at LW?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
We are basically full strength and at home verse a Toronto team missing two DPs. We need to give everything we have for 3 points here. Ring and Herrera should shut down Gio and Vazquez, hopefully. 2-1 NYCFC final.
Only missing Wallace and Mata (And I guess Camargo off the bench - or as a potential replacement for Wallace). But agree, with the way the lineups are shaping up and the fact that we are at home, less than 3 points would be disappointing.

TFC's previous lineup missed most of their Gold Cup guys:

upload_2017-7-17_12-58-30.png

Now remove Altidore and Bradley and insert Raheem Edwards and thats what we should get. Looks like we may get to see our good friend Jason Hernandez on Wednesday. However, their last lineup they did keep Drew Moor and Mavinga on the bench. I wonder if part of that is because they don't want to run them out in a back 4 since they are so used to playing a back 3.

I could see us playing a 4-4-2.

Midfield of Ring, Herrera, Pirlo, and Maxi. Forwards consisting of Villa and Harrison.

Whoscored.com notes that a weakness of TFC is defending the through ball, which would place Pirlo in our 11.

Last edited:

Midfield of Ring, Herrera, Pirlo, and Maxi. Forwards consisting of Villa and Harrison.
I would like Lewis and bench Pirlo and TMac. Maxi and Pirlo really get tangled together in an unworkable mess. I loved JLew against Philly and cannot understand why PV doesnt give him more chances.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I would like Lewis and bench Pirlo and TMac. Maxi and Pirlo really get tangled together in an unworkable mess. I loved JLew against Philly and cannot understand why PV doesnt give him more chances.

I'm sure it'll be McNamara at LW. Hopefully JLew gets a run out as a sub. Or better yet, we don't need him to because we are up three goals.

Reactions: Kjbert and LionNYC
This is an incredible stat:

Yangel Herrera limped out of the game in Vancouver but Vieira will be hoping to call upon the Venezuelan as NYCFC averages 2.5 goals for and 0.9 against with him on the field, compared to 1.4 goals for and 1.3 goals against without him.

https://www.nycfc.com/post/2017/07/17/major-keys-biggest-game-2017-so-far

Is anyone better in the league than him for this +1.6 goals when on the field?

Last edited:

Whoscored.com notes that a weakness of TFC is defending the through ball, which would place Pirlo in our 11.
Pirlo plays a better cross/switch of field but Hererra (save for the Vancouver match) has been playing a super fast through ball as of late; when he receives the ball in an advanced position he looks up and sends it through to Villa.

Only missing Wallace and Mata (And I guess Camargo off the bench - or as a potential replacement for Wallace). But agree, with the way the lineups are shaping up and the fact that we are at home, less than 3 points would be disappointing.

TFC's previous lineup missed most of their Gold Cup guys:

View attachment 7264

Now remove Altidore and Bradley and insert Raheem Edwards and thats what we should get. Looks like we may get to see our good friend Jason Hernandez on Wednesday. However, their last lineup they did keep Drew Moor and Mavinga on the bench. I wonder if part of that is because they don't want to run them out in a back 4 since they are so used to playing a back 3.

One thing that we haven't really discussed yet is that this is a Double Game Week for both clubs. We each play again on Saturday, with Toronto traveling back home and hosting Colorado.

My guess is that we just go with the full lineup because we have both games at home, but it is possible that Coach V will plan to have a switch or two - like having Pirlo start one game and giving one game each to RJ and White.

The more interesting question is Toronto, who have the travel on top of the short turnaround. Of course, like us they haven't played in two weeks. They also are missing so many players that they need all their considerable depth as it is. My guess is that they run out the best squad they can against us and then rest anyone who needs it in the easier game on Saturday.

One thing that we haven't really discussed yet is that this is a Double Game Week for both clubs. We each play again on Saturday, with Toronto traveling back home and hosting Colorado.

My guess is that we just go with the full lineup because we have both games at home, but it is possible that Coach V will plan to have a switch or two - like having Pirlo start one game and giving one game each to RJ and White.

The more interesting question is Toronto, who have the travel on top of the short turnaround. Of course, like us they haven't played in two weeks. They also are missing so many players that they need all their considerable depth as it is. My guess is that they run out the best squad they can against us and then rest anyone who needs it in the easier game on Saturday.
I could easily see Toronto taking a massive uppercut to the chin with two losses. I could also see them winning both games especially if we decide the shooting target is their goalkeeper. If there was ever a week for TFC to really trip up, this is it.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I could easily see Toronto taking a massive uppercut to the chin with two losses. I could also see them winning both games especially if we decide the shooting target is their goalkeeper. If there was ever a week for TFC to really trip up, this is it.

Ring's shooting target is the goalkeeper but the actual location is 30 yards above the crossbar

Status
Not open for further replies.