NYCFC II - 2022 Schedule/Matchday (MLS NEXT Pro)

NYCFC II 2-2 Inter Miami CF II in full time. Bummer, too many twos. We took a 2-0 lead at 63' on Jasson but Borgelin promptly scored twice in short order and that was that. Owusu especially tried to rescue the match but we couldn't find the net again.

Maximo Carrizo made his pro debut at 14 years old. Kid is special, you could see it right away. Flat-out explosive.

EDIT: We're in PKs for some reason, I walked away for a minute and missed it. I'm not sure what this is about, to be honest. :grinning:

EDIT(2): NYC II wins the shootout 4-2, collects two points, Inter Miami II collects a point for the draw. Barraza with the icer in PKs.

MLS NExt pro has no draws. all draws in regular time go to shootout and the winning team gets extra points I think. forget the details.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
MLS NExt pro has no draws. all draws in regular time go to shootout and the winning team gets extra points I think. forget the details.
No, they have draws. Each team gets a point as usual. But then there's a shootout and the winner there gets an extra point. I only recently discovered the livestreams on their website so I hadn't seen it before tonight.

Next time we have a crowded game week, I want to see us roll out a starting lineup with Carrrizo and McFarlane in it! We can add Benalcazar, Jiminez and Owusu for good measure even though they are grown ups. Fuck it! Let's go for it!

Any insight from the team? Who looks ready?
I think Benalcazar and Turnbull are both quality players who are consistently really good. Denis the Menace can be very dangerous when he's around goal, very good at getting shots on frame. The guys who have already seen a little time with the first team, like Owusu (who I think has a ton of promise) and O'Toole, can probably contribute right away if called upon.

Carrizo is really going to be special, though. He's one of those dudes where you can just see it right away.

Reactions: NYCFCFAN99
I'm not going to be able to make it to the match on Friday the 12th. Match is at 8pm and we're playing Orlando City 2. If you'd like to go let me know and I'm happy to transfer my ticket over.

Columbus Crew 2 2-0 NYCFC II at halftime. Probably won't watch the second half of this one, deGrom is eating the Braves alive at Citi Field and I want to dial in on it.

Not a lot of takeaways here -- Crew 2 is really good, much better overall than our Deuce. They grabbed the lead in the second minute and were up 2-0 by the 12' mark and basically just cruising after that (super hot and humid there, I'm sure no one wants to run).

One interesting note: Andres Jasson started at center-forward and John Denis isn't even on the team. Call up, maybe? I didn't see anything on the injury report.

Last edited:
The Deuce got seriously bossed 5-0 tonight by the Fire FC II side. Truth is, it wasn't even that close. Chicago easily could have had two or three more goals, and our first shot on target came at the 88' mark from distance.

The Windy City Boys were in a must-win situation and played like it. We barely showed up.

Third straight game without a goal, all played without John Denis (he's injured), so that could be the key takeaway on this one. He may just be that good.

Benalcazar also spent the entire game on the bench, which could explain some of the really poor defense. And I mean really poor. The Fire II had no trouble whatsoever getting through pretty much any time and any way they had a mind to. Ugly stuff.

Máximo Carrizo started at midfield on the right side in a 4-3-3 and played very well, considering. Not much to assess in a disaster like this. It's funny though, he looks so tiny out there, but he can be a handful. Really excited to see how he develops.

Reactions: moogoo
It's funny though, he looks so tiny out there, but he can be a handful
Might I introduce you to #10? LOL

xfsjor1ii38huxvyztoc.jpg

Winless in six games and four straight losses. Not good for NYCFC II

tough match for them. lost to a philly team that was sitting back and kind of in shambles. we just couldn't finish and lost even though we were leading

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
In their first season, NYCFC II season comes to an end as we miss the playoffs just like the first season of NYCFC.

We were actually pretty good early, then things kind of came apart. We have some good talent on the Deuce, though.

It's going to be really good to have a team at this level going forward. Having a place where a kid like Maximiliano Carrizo can get some experience against some pro competition is going to really make a difference over time.

Possibly because the best of the NYCFCII players were brought up to the big club towards the end of the season. Which is the idea, I suppose!
I think that's exactly what happened. And the injury to John Denis didn't help, either. But man, it was so encouraging to see the young guys we have around. I really, really like where we are as an organization right now.

I think that's exactly what happened. And the injury to John Denis didn't help, either. But man, it was so encouraging to see the young guys we have around. I really, really like where we are as an organization right now.

seems like gloster got demoted to the II squad though. don't even see him in any pics with the 1st team anymore and doesn't make the 18.

Reactions: KevinJRogers