Home - 08/20 New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree that we are at a crisis mode - other than in having too many players hurt and suspended. I also don't agree that Jack's issues are due to being tired. I do acknowledge that the team in general has been through the grinder the last few weeks, but that's true of all the teams.

There is a short break after the game in New Jersey. Give them a few days then.
I don't think Jack's issues are just him being tired, but I think its playing a part. I know he is getting ton more attention from opposing defenses, and it is freeing up David a bit more. But its quite clear that he's exhausted out there and can use a bit of a break. Nothing wrong with starting him on the bench for this one. Khiry has fresh legs and puts in a ton of work defensively. Have him start out there on the wing and bring in Jack if necessary.

Sitting Jack at the start is not "not taking NER seriously". Its a move that IMO would be better for us in the long run, and actually may be better for us against NER.

Reactions: Fake Jew
If we lose our next game and NJRB wins their next game, isn't that the same as us losing to NJRB?

Math is math
giphy.gif

If we lose our next game and NJRB wins their next game, isn't that the same as us losing to NJRB?

Math is math
Yes, but.
yes but if we lose to RBNJ thats a gauranteed 6 point swing. If we lose to NER, Red Bulls would still need to win
A loss to Red Bulls hurts us more than NER. Just as the loss to Toronto hurts us a lot more than the loss to DC earlier in the year.

I just don't think sitting a tired Jack for 60 minutes is going to be the difference to a win and a loss at home to NER

Reactions: Ulrich and Fake Jew
Yes, but.

A loss to Red Bulls hurts us more than NER. Just as the loss to Toronto hurts us a lot more than the loss to DC earlier in the year.

I just don't think sitting a tired Jack for 60 minutes is going to be the difference to a win and a loss at home to NER

Confused If you're saying you're for or against starting Jackie boy.

ETA: Never mind I went back and read some of your prior posts. We're technically on the same page then

Well, James Sands has returned to training. Maybe he cracks the 18 with the dearth of defense.

Nice.

We need more promotion through the Yankees.

ETA: Regarding Sands, if he is available to play, I would think he'd make the 18. As it stands, we have just enough field players to fill the bench, so if Sands is back, that means you sit him or someone like Awuah or Stertzer. Given our need for defenders, I think you keep Sands and Kwame.

Last edited:
Confused If you're saying you're for or against starting Jackie boy.

ETA: Never mind I went back and read some of your prior posts. We're technically on the same page then
Jack is hands down our starting RW. Just based on the way I've seen him play the last few weeks (FYI, I'm not worried at all about his "lack of production"), he looks a bit tired. And I think he can use a little bit of rest. Now with Wallace and Khiry coming back and having some winger depth, I think we can afford to sit Jack for 60' at the start of the match. If we are down, tied, or up only 1, bring him in at 60'. If we have a lead of 2+, keep him on the bench.

To elaborate a bit more, some people are worried because he hasn't scored or assisted in a while. I am not worried at all. I just think he can use a little bit of rest. Lets get him fresh for the Hudson River Derby next Friday (Sunday to Friday isn't a whole ton of rest time, especially as NJ will have a full week).

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
Nice.

We need more promotion through the Yankees.

ETA: Regarding Sands, if he is available to play, I would think he'd make the 18. As it stands, we have just enough field players to fill the bench, so if Sands is back, that means you sit him or someone like Awuah or Stertzer. Given our need for defenders, I think you keep Sands and Kwame.

Do they promote the club at Yankees games at all? In between innings or 7th inning stretch?

Reactions: Kjbert
Do they promote the club at Yankees games at all? In between innings or 7th inning stretch?
The Yankees/Legends execs are idiots. The fact that they haven't jumped on the bandwagon to promote the ChickenBucket / Coop is a missed opportunity.

And ignoring NYCFC is also ignorant. They should have a good special called the HatTrick that consists of three items like hotdog/pretzels/drink. I mean, we already have baseball food called Sliders.

They could also cross-promote tickets. Buy Category X baseball ticket for Wednesday baseball game and get Category Y soccer ticket to Saturday Soccer game. Price it less than combined cost of each bought individually.

The Yankees/Legends execs are idiots. The fact that they haven't jumped on the bandwagon to promote the ChickenBucket / Coop is a missed opportunity.

And ignoring NYCFC is also ignorant. They should have a good special called the HatTrick that consists of three items like hotdog/pretzels/drink. I mean, we already have baseball food called Sliders.

They could also cross-promote tickets. Buy Category X baseball ticket for Wednesday baseball game and get Category Y soccer ticket to Saturday Soccer game. Price it less than combined cost of each bought individually.

This could be a thread all its own.

Reactions: Vallos

They aren't sliders due to baseball terminology though, just a happy coincidence;

"One common theory as to why they’re called sliders is the way that they’re slid across the griddle before the toppings are added to make way for new patties. Another theory is the fact that they “slide” down easy as you’re eating a few, and yet another (popularized by White Castle) is that they slide out of their boxes easily."

SOURCE.

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
They aren't sliders due to baseball terminology though, just a happy coincidence;

"One common theory as to why they’re called sliders is the way that they’re slid across the griddle before the toppings are added to make way for new patties. Another theory is the fact that they “slide” down easy as you’re eating a few, and yet another (popularized by White Castle) is that they slide out of their boxes easily."

SOURCE.
<whispers> just go with it......

NOTES

Alex Ring will be suspended for Sunday’s game after picking up a yellow card against the Galaxy. Mikey Lopez spent more time training with the first-team during Wednesday’s session than Andrea Pirlo.

Maxime Chanot cannot do any running or light jogging for another two weeks according to Vieira. Chanot tweeted a picture of himself working out at NYCFC’s facilities but has missed the last four games to an injured pelvis.

James Sands fully trained Wednesday and he will join the US U17s for the Vaclav Jezek Tournament in Prague next week. Sands will not be available for Sunday’s game and will probably miss next Friday’s game against the New York Red Bulls.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/positivity-pushes-jonathan-lewis-64407/

James Sands fully trained Wednesday and he will join the US U17s for the Vaclav Jezek Tournament in Prague next week. Sands will not be available for Sunday’s game and will probably miss next Friday’s game against the New York Red Bulls.

Pending the US makes the final on 8/26, and we should, he would definitely miss the 8/25 game against RB.

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.