Home - 08/20 New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTES

Alex Ring will be suspended for Sunday’s game after picking up a yellow card against the Galaxy. Mikey Lopez spent more time training with the first-team during Wednesday’s session than Andrea Pirlo.

Maxime Chanot cannot do any running or light jogging for another two weeks according to Vieira. Chanot tweeted a picture of himself working out at NYCFC’s facilities but has missed the last four games to an injured pelvis.

James Sands fully trained Wednesday and he will join the US U17s for the Vaclav Jezek Tournament in Prague next week. Sands will not be available for Sunday’s game and will probably miss next Friday’s game against the New York Red Bulls.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/positivity-pushes-jonathan-lewis-64407/
I just cannot even imagine my final few months of an illustrious career being sidelined by Mikey Lopez.... those paychecks are a serious nest egg builder/completer, but some of its going to wind up going to therapy sessions now or back in Italy. I wonder if Mix pens letters of encouragement to Pirlo?

Reactions: Kjbert
I just cannot even imagine my final few months of an illustrious career being sidelined by Mikey Lopez.... those paychecks are a serious nest egg builder/completer, but some of its going to wind up going to therapy sessions now or back in Italy. I wonder if Mix pens letters of encouragement to Pirlo?

i honestly dont think pirlo gives a shit

The Yankees/Legends execs are idiots. The fact that they haven't jumped on the bandwagon to promote the ChickenBucket / Coop is a missed opportunity.

And ignoring NYCFC is also ignorant. They should have a good special called the HatTrick that consists of three items like hotdog/pretzels/drink. I mean, we already have baseball food called Sliders.

They could also cross-promote tickets. Buy Category X baseball ticket for Wednesday baseball game and get Category Y soccer ticket to Saturday Soccer game. Price it less than combined cost of each bought individually.

It's just little things, like talking up the team during the TV and radio broadcasts, and adding a little extra programming on WFAN and YES.

To be fair, I've seen a little more of it this year. A couple nights ago, they had a shot of Villa in a suite watching the Yankees and spent 60 seconds talking about him, and Joe Girardi's visit to practice is getting a nice promotion. Still, there was none of this for a long while, and it's still too little. Casual discussions of the team on Yankee broadcasts are a great way to demonstrate that NYCFC is a fully integrated part of the city's sports scene.

It's just little things, like talking up the team during the TV and radio broadcasts, and adding a little extra programming on WFAN and YES.

To be fair, I've seen a little more of it this year. A couple nights ago, they had a shot of Villa in a suite watching the Yankees and spent 60 seconds talking about him, and Joe Girardi's visit to practice is getting a nice promotion. Still, there was none of this for a long while, and it's still too little. Casual discussions of the team on Yankee broadcasts are a great way to demonstrate that NYCFC is a fully integrated part of the city's sports scene.

It happened tonight. They did a promo for Sunday's game on YES and Michael Kay had some nice things to say about Villa and the team.

There is also an NYCFC logo behind the plate at a very prominent spot where it gets on camera multiple times a game.

This is just such bullshit I don't even know where to begin.
Come on.... out with it.
You want to say he doesn't fit the system? Fine.

You want to say he's slow? He's old? He's lost his game? Fine.

But not caring? Where does that come from? It would be really easy for him to have a bad attitude with things ending this way, but I've seen the happiness on his face after the Red Bulls game (for example) and it seems clear he cares.

But not caring? Where does that come from? It would be really easy for him to have a bad attitude with things ending this way, but I've seen the happiness on his face after the Red Bulls game (for example) and it seems clear he cares.
Free advice, learn how to disagree without being disagreeable.

And just fucking block me already.

Reactions: Kjbert

you misinterpreted what i was saying about him not caring. I didnt say he doesnt care about the team. But i think hes pretty calm and collected about getting snubbed for the starting 11. hence the happiness you see on his face.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Free advice, learn how to disagree without being disagreeable.

And just fucking block me already.

Fair enough. I do get upset when I see players getting trashed sometimes - at least when I think it is unfair or rudely put.

As for blocking, believe it or not, I do agree with you sometimes.

you misinterpreted what i was saying about him not caring. I didnt say he doesnt care about the team. But i think hes pretty calm and collected about getting snubbed for the starting 11. hence the happiness you see on his face.

I don't disagree, but I suppose I'd rather he accept the situation than get upset. I don't think additional hard work or motivation is going to make a difference for him, so better that he be a good teammate and contribute when he can.

Now, let's get back to Sunday's game.

He cares, but it's like I care playing FUT Champions League. I really want to make gold 1 every weekend, but whether I do or don't is forgotten by the time I shut off the tv.

Or it's like I care when someone runs for the elevator in my office building and the doors are closing. I feel for them, but those elevators are old. It would mean something to them, and I appreciate that. I also like to be nice to people. But I ain't sticking my hand in between those doors.

Or maybe it's like litter on the sidewalk. I like clean sidewalks and smile when I am able to walk down a wellkept street. But I ain't sweeping the damn thing.

All of that to say, if you think he gives much of shit, then I think we probably just define giving a shit very differently.

Last edited:
As far as the game is concerned, I think we lose.

NER has too many good attackers and we are without Ring and Chanot and a single competent fullback.

We are definitely giving up a crooked number. Maybe we can sneak in a goal more. But I don't expect it.

A draw will be disappointing, but also decent given where we are.

If we want to try to win, Jack has to start in midfield with Lewis and Matarrita (eta: yes, I meant our American Costa Rican left side player) wide.

I'm always amazed at how much I simultaneously like our team when I literally can't stand to watch 50% of them on the field.

Last edited:
He cares, but it's like I care playing FUT Champions League. I really want to make gold 1 every weekend, but whether I do or don't is forgotten by the time I shut off the tv.

Or it's like I care when someone runs for the elevator in my office building and the doors are closing. I feel for them, but those elevators are old. It would mean something to them, and I appreciate that. I also like to be nice to people. But I ain't sticking my hand in between those doors.

Or maybe it's like litter on the sidewalk. I like clean sidewalks and smile when I am able to walk down a wellkept street. But I ain't sweeping the damn thing.

All of that to say, if you think he gives much of shit, then I think we probably just define giving a shit very differently.
This was a bad point well put. Reason being, in all of your examples, the action that denotes really "giving a shit" are well within your abilities. In assuming that the things that people expect out of Pirlo are within his abilities, and that he is not delivering upon these expectations, you are falsely concluding that he doesn't "give a shit".

FWIW, I think that people's expectations are generally out of line with what constitutes successful performance in his role, but to elaborate upon that would be to flog the proverbial dead horse.

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
Fair enough. I do get upset when I see players getting trashed sometimes - at least when I think it is unfair or rudely put.
On the Alex Kraemer thread, I think we generally agreed that players leverage their abilities to make money and that if we assume Alex Kraemer does the same with her looks, then their respective abilities are up for public discussion.

Like you, I get upset when players get trashed here. But it seems like it's a different story when Alex gets trashed shortly after seemingly leaving the club. Genuine question - why is that?

I agree that people in the public spotlight need to be thick-skinned, but I'm less concerned about the unlikelihood that their feelings are hurt than I am by the atmosphere of negativity and psychological violence, and the discourse which we are prevented from having by said atmosphere.

As far as the game is concerned, I think we lose.

NER has too many good attackers and we are without Ring and Chanot and a single competent fullback.

We are definitely giving up a crooked number. Maybe we can sneak in a goal more. But I don't expect it.

A draw will be disappointing, but also decent given where we are.

If we want to try to win, Jack has to start in midfield with Lewis and Matarrita wide.

I'm always amazed at how much I simultaneously like our team when I literally can't stand to watch 50% of them on the field.
Gonna hope you meant Wallace and not Mata.

Revs defense isn't great though, and with the way Villa is playing right now, I like our chances.

We tied them in May with a midfield of Maxi, Mikey and TMac. Having Herrera is an upgrade.

Revs also haven't won a game on the road all year. It would be very disappointing to give them their first

Gonna hope you meant Wallace and not Mata.

Revs defense isn't great though, and with the way Villa is playing right now, I like our chances.

We tied them in May with a midfield of Maxi, Mikey and TMac. Having Herrera is an upgrade.

Revs also haven't won a game on the road all year. It would be very disappointing to give them their first
Look at the season DC is having, and remember we got beaten by them. Never underestimate how shitty we can be when we try.

At $750k per month I don't really think he cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.