Home - 09/01 DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall correctly, Lux's first game is a friendly and that's followed by a WC qualifier, so perhaps not surprising that he will join them later in the window.

Certain players need some rest:

---McNamara--Villa--Harrison---
-----------Pirlo-----Mix-------------
----------------Bravo----------------
--RJ---Brillant--Chanot--White--
------Heart Attack at Age 22------

Mata will be on international duty, or injured
I would put Rj at RB and have Martinez at LB or vice versa. Plus Lampard in for bravo and put pirlo behind mix and lamps.

I would put Rj at RB and have Martinez at LB or vice versa. Plus Lampard in for bravo and put pirlo behind mix and lamps.
Random thought..... Chanot can pass and he's highly competent at breaking up plays and marking while also being vocal enough to marshal the defense. Is he mobile enough to step in for a game at DMid (like Cameron does for MNT)? Leave Brillant/Mena behind him with Mata/RJ on the flanks. If both wingbacks bomb forward, Chanot can drop into a back three. It also gives an extra tall body on set pieces (Mena/Brillant/Chanot is better than any other combination of three on our team).

Maybe this is just an idle pipe dream and he's not comfortable in an advanced role, but I never would have thought Iraola would be a perfect fit at DMid until he played there.

Reactions: JCMore
Random thought..... Chanot can pass and he's highly competent at breaking up plays and marking while also being vocal enough to marshal the defense. Is he mobile enough to step in for a game at DMid (like Cameron does for MNT)? Leave Brillant/Mena behind him with Mata/RJ on the flanks. If both wingbacks bomb forward, Chanot can drop into a back three. It also gives an extra tall body on set pieces (Mena/Brillant/Chanot is better than any other combination of three on our team).

Maybe this is just an idle pipe dream and he's not comfortable in an advanced role, but I never would have thought Iraola would be a perfect fit at DMid until he played there.
I think he has the skillset to fill in for a game, but I think you still want your better and taller defenders at CB.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Certain players need some rest:

---McNamara--Villa--Harrison---
-----------Pirlo-----Mix-------------
----------------Bravo----------------
--RJ---Brillant--Chanot--White--
------Heart Attack at Age 22------

Mata will be on international duty, or injured
no way we are going to honor Lampard and then bench him lol

Isn't Bravo exactly what you are describing. If we are shifting Chanot from CB to another position it might as well be RB with Mena and Brillant at CB. Chanot has played RB before and he would be a considerable upgrade over JH.

Isn't Bravo exactly what you are describing. If we are shifting Chanot from CB to another position it might as well be RB with Mena and Brillant at CB. Chanot has played RB before and he would be a considerable upgrade over JH.
I'm not sure that Bravo is as good on the ball as Chanot. Bravo is a great destroyer, but I feel out midfield is not as possessive with him passing. I'd also wager that RJ is a better RB than Chanot, so it was simply an attempt to try and get the best ball handlers on the field at the same time whil not sacrificing defensive stature.

I think he has the skillset to fill in for a game, but I think you still want your better and taller defenders at CB.
See above. Agree on height which is why all three in together was suggestion, especially if outer backs bomb forward - and notwithstanding Kaka, I like Mena's 1v1 defending better than the others'.

Again, was only pondering and not dead set on it. Really, anybody but Hernandez.

New York City v D.C. United
Yankee Stadium (7:00pm ET)
REF: CHRIS PENSO
AR1: Brian Dunn
AR2: Danny Thornberry
4TH: Jaime Herrera

Just thinking out loud here, it's the FIFA international break across the world. Will some of Frank's former teammates that aren't playing for national teams come out to the Bronx for his celebration?

John Terry?
Montreal plays 6 days after we do and Drogba is injured. Maybe he shows up?

Last edited:
Just thinking out loud here, it's the FIFA international break across the world. Will some of Frank's former teammates that aren't playing for national teams come out to the Bronx for his celebration? John Terry?
Hmmmmm. Interesting!! I'll give you a shirt for autographs!!!

I think he has been subbed on once since then. We do need to see him more, that's for sure.
Quick look it seems as if his last minutes in a league game was June 2 v. RSL (the Cosmos game was June 15).

Status
Not open for further replies.