Home - 11/06 Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, listening to the various podcasts around not a single person picked NYCFC to advance (not even crazy Simon Borg). Funniest thing was that jabroni Kurt Larsson saying that Toronto was the underdog.

I know, statistics are against NYCFC and Toronto will probably score so they need four, but anything is possible. Imagine that Pirlo springs Villa/Harrison who is taken down by the keeper - penalty and red card in the first half. Could change the whole game.
The key is literally the first 5 minutes. We cannot come out flat & at the same time we cannot come out looking like a bunch of chickens running around with our heads cut off (like Mikey most of the time) - we must show absolute intensity to win every 50/50 ball and make them chase us. Set the tempo, create some chance and/or even get an immediate early goal, and then the stadium starts singing together at the 5min mark - it always seems as though the team ups their intensity even more during that song. I have high hopes that we're going to be firing on all cylinders. An early first goal makes Toronto start sweating.....

I'm torn between:

Harrison Villa Mendoza Khiry
Pirlo Lampard
Iraola
Mata Chanot Brillant
Lurch

-and-

Harrison Villa Mendoza
Pirlo Lampard
Iraola
Mata Chanot Brillant RJ
Lurch

Mendoza Villa Khiry
Harrison Pirlo Lampard
Iraola
Mata Chanot Brillant
Lurch

I really want to play 4 up top (with guys fluidly dropping into the midfield) or the bottom 3-1-3-3.... Keep Toronto on their back foot with plenty of technical guys up top & let our D/GK clear the ball up to them at the first sign of pressure.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
The key is literally the first 5 minutes. We cannot come out flat & at the same time we cannot come out looking like a bunch of chickens running around with our heads cut off (like Mikey most of the time) - we must show absolute intensity to win every 50/50 ball and make them chase us. Set the tempo, create some chance and/or even get an immediate early goal, and then the stadium starts singing together at the 5min mark - it always seems as though the team ups their intensity even more during that song. I have high hopes that we're going to be firing on all cylinders. An early first goal makes Toronto start sweating.....

I'm torn between:

Harrison Villa Mendoza
Pirlo Lampard
Iraola
Mata Chanot Brillant RJ
Lurch

Just my opinion, but I think you have to play the best roster - the roster that got you here. That's this option. This is our best XI, which will give us the best chance. If we're still chasing the game at 60', then we can take a defender off for another forward, but let's go with the guys that got us here.

I'm torn between:

Harrison Villa Mendoza Khiry
Pirlo Lampard
Iraola
Mata Chanot Brillant
Lurch

-and-

Harrison Villa Mendoza
Pirlo Lampard
Iraola
Mata Chanot Brillant RJ
Lurch

Mendoza Villa Khiry
Harrison Pirlo Lampard
Iraola
Mata Chanot Brillant
Lurch

I really want to play 4 up top (with guys fluidly dropping into the midfield) or the bottom 3-1-3-3.... Keep Toronto on their back foot with plenty of technical guys up top & let our D/GK clear the ball up to them at the first sign of pressure.
3-3-4. More natural triangles.

Also nullify Toronto's wingbacks by forcing them to defend.

Tom in Fairfield CT Sorry it's taken me a few day's here this news is old . But according to the Teams site The Curse might have been removed ! Maybe PV went to the Italian Witch Doctor. Dam with all the Italian population in NY there's got to be one somewhere ! Or at least someone that can hook me up with you know who's wine?? I think all that positive vibe from Chicago will filter through to us ! God Bless Our Boy's !!

Yup, listening to the various podcasts around not a single person picked NYCFC to advance (not even crazy Simon Borg). Funniest thing was that jabroni Kurt Larsson saying that Toronto was the underdog.

I know, statistics are against NYCFC and Toronto will probably score so they need four, but anything is possible. Imagine that Pirlo springs Villa/Harrison who is taken down by the keeper - penalty and red card in the first half. Could change the whole game.
Armchair says we lose on away goals. I see that or a 3-2 agg likely.

We really dicked ourselves last weekend.

Reactions: Kjbert

its all okay because Goran Dragic picked us!

After Chelsea's 5-0 win over Everton, you can expect Lampard to be wanting to start and get on the scoresheet early and often.

Status
Not open for further replies.