Home - 11/06 Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
During Playoffs, anything can happen at Yankee Stadium...

I was fortunate enough to be in attendance for Game 3 of the 2012 ALDS and Game 1 of the ALCS. In Game 3, pinch hitter Raul Ibanez hit a game tying home run in the bottom on the 9th, then a walk off home run in the 12th. The stadium was electric. Roaring crowd, shaking seats. In Game 1, down 4-0 in the bottom on the 9th, Ichiro hit a two run home run then Raul Ibanez hit another two run home run to tie the game and send it to extras. Again, an unbelievable atmosphere.

However, that was the game when Jeter broke his left ankle.

You can go from lows to highs to lows in a short period of time.

Never leave early. Keep believing until the game is over.

It's amazing that no one has brought this up yet. Fantastic post. Yankee stadium has ghosts. Let's hope one of them shows up for us.

MLS Conspiracy Point of Consideration:

Rivalries are a selling point for this league. With the Montreal-Red Bulls game before ours, whoever wins that game will have the rival in the subsequent game in the favor of the refs.

So if Montreal advances, MLS will want Toronto to advance.

If the Red Bulls advance, MLS will want NYCFC to advance.
No way. No matter who wins the early game, MLS wants NYCFC to advance. Biggest market. Biggest story. Biggest ratings, by far, for conference finals and for potential MLS Cup.

Let's hope those ghosts like Pirlo free kicks. Imagine a Pirlo kick in the 90th minute to send NYCFC through. Stadium would be shaking.
Your such a Sweetie!!.........But we can only" Imagine" Like John Lennon with that iconic New York tee shirt ! No One Loved NY more than that man ! He was Mr NY! Being a Brit he would have Loved our NYCFC!!! What it would be like to see him wear an NYCFC Jersey with a scarf?? DAMN I HOPE THE WORST for that Punk Ass Bitch Mark David Chapman when he's sent straight to Hell !! As for Andrea Mr canchon canchon one can only Imagine !! " You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one " ! Come On NYCFC Let's Do This Fkn Thing !!!

Join us for Leg 2 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals vs. Toronto FC:
  • Yankee Stadium gates open at 5:00 PM.
  • Stop by the Pepsi Food Court on the concourse near Gate 2 for a pre-match performance by City Beats from 5:45-6:15 PM.
  • Be in your seats by 6:25 PM for special playoff programming and to welcome your Boys in Blue back home for their first ever playoff match at Yankee Stadium.
  • Members of the NYPD Ceremonial Unit will present our nation’s colors and perform the Star Spangled Banner.
  • Two lucky fans will have the chance to get upgraded to our new Pitchside Seats next to the NYCFC bench courtesy of Etihad Airways.
  • Stop by the Fan Zone, located on the concourse by Gate 2 for free hair and face painting provided by Face Art by Melissa.

If it helps, back in the Bradley & Son days of the USMNT Michael's older teammates called him "Mikey". I can only imagine that diminutive is a sore spot to this day...

Hmm. That may be confusing with Mikey Lopez on the bench though. I'll give it a try.

Believe Gif of the Day
giphy.gif

Your such a Sweetie!!.........But we can only" Imagine" Like John Lennon with that iconic New York tee shirt ! No One Loved NY more than that man ! He was Mr NY! Being a Brit he would have Loved our NYCFC!!! What it would be like to see him wear an NYCFC Jersey with a scarf?? DAMN I HOPE THE WORST for that Punk Ass Bitch Mark David Chapman when he's sent straight to Hell !! As for Andrea Mr canchon canchon one can only Imagine !! " You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one " ! Come On NYCFC Let's Do This Fkn Thing !!!
OMG I had a crazy vivid dream about Taylor Swift (I always wake up to vivid dreams) and the song playing in my head was that John Lennon song... I wake up and the first thing I do is check forums and see this post
giphy.gif

Let's hope those ghosts like Pirlo free kicks. Imagine a Pirlo kick in the 90th minute to send NYCFC through. Stadium would be shaking.

I actually thought about this. Up 2-0 in stoppage time. We get a late break off of a Toronto corner. Villa back to Lampard who is trailing the play. Lampard scores an ugly goal to seal the win in the 93rd minute.

I actually thought about this. Up 2-0 in stoppage time. We get a late break off of a Toronto corner. Villa back to Lampard who is trailing the play. Lampard scores an ugly goal to seal the win in the 93rd minute.
And the next Toronto scores in the 94' off a corner header.

But Lampard scores in the 95' to make it 4-1. It's the DCU game all over again.

I was talking with one of the committed fans at Pitchside and we were discussing what would it take for him to jump over the video board and run onto the field in celebration. I certainly feel like something like that would do it.

And the next Toronto scores in the 94' off a corner header.

But Lampard scores in the 95' to make it 4-1. It's the DCU game all over again.

I'd be crying after both of those events.

Status
Not open for further replies.