Home - 11/06 Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I had a crazy vivid dream about Taylor Swift (I always wake up to vivid dreams) and the song playing in my head was that John Lennon song... I wake up and the first thing I do is check forums and see this post
giphy.gif
I know as you say I blow things out of proportion please know I hope I Did Blow Your Mine ! and not another attempt to blow me down ! I guess it will be a mystery rapped in an enigma !

So, in 17 home games, we had 3 results that would have us advance and 1 result that would push things to extra time.* That provides a success rate of 3.5 out of 17 or just over 20%. Odds are long, but not impossible.

* - these were against 2 teams finishing above Toronto in the standings and 2 finishing below.

On the other hand, Toronto has only lost 1 game all season by >2 goals - a 3-0 beat down by New Jersey.

Regardless of what happens it should be entertaining. I'm looking forward to seeing us come out in full on attack mode from the start.

There's an interesting tactical question for this week. Do you come out of the box looking to try to get a 2-0 in the regulation 90 or do you come out firing and aspire to get a 4-1? If you go the former route, games like the Red Bulls win and the Galaxy match (I realize it ended 1-0) are perhaps the model -- in both we played opportunistically, kept it tight at the back, etc. For the latter, its hit the gas from the word go. I don't think there is an obvious answer.

On the other hand, Toronto has only lost 1 game all season by >2 goals - a 3-0 beat down by New Jersey.
On the other hand we had never lost to Toronto before. Streaks are great until they aren't. Just because Toronto hasn't lost by more than 2 since RB doesn't mean anything - if it did then we wouldn't have lost Sunday.

There's an interesting tactical question for this week. Do you come out of the box looking to try to get a 2-0 in the regulation 90 or do you come out firing and aspire to get a 4-1? If you go the former route, games like the Red Bulls win and the Galaxy match (I realize it ended 1-0) are perhaps the model -- in both we played opportunistically, kept it tight at the back, etc. For the latter, its hit the gas from the word go. I don't think there is an obvious answer.

We're more likely to win by a three goal margin than keep a clean sheet. Golazo fest. 4-1, 5-2, 6-3, 7-0

Last edited:
Regardless of what happens it should be entertaining. I'm looking forward to seeing us come out in full on attack mode from the start.

The way they should have originally went after Toronto...with reckless abandon. Get back to playing our game, not whatever that mess was last game.

If he gets suspended for this one, it will be a fucking travesty of justice given his "offense" and what we have seen others commit throughout the season without repercussion.

I've never seen a player go down as much as Cooper in a game. Had to be 6+ times. He's not a fragile player...something was definitely up with that.

Villa will get a fine, but shouldn't get suspended. It would be ridiculous if he did.

I've never seen a player go down as much as Cooper in a game. Had to be 6+ times. He's not a fragile player...something was definitely up with that.

Villa will get a fine, but shouldn't get suspended. It would be ridiculous if he did.
Yeah, Villa's "kick" was nothing more than a tepid halfhearted love tap as he was falling away after being elbowed. It would be unreasonable and uneven to suspend him now for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back