Home - 11/06 Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man.... Italians can really hold a grudge.....

That's exactly what I thought too sarcastically. ANDREA PIRLO HAS GIVEN UP ON THE TEAM!

Hopefully that ends all that bs about him asking to be taken out of the lineup.

There's now a pic on twitterverse of Mata practicing free kicks, so Mata pushing way up could (should) come to fruition. Not to mention he had very little interest in playing defense last Sunday.

giphy.gif

Mikey Lopez hadn't appeared in an NYCFC game since the 5-1 win against Colorado back in July. Sure, let's start him for our first playoff game.

Mikey Lopez hadn't appeared in an NYCFC game since the 5-1 win against Colorado back in July. Sure, let's start him for our first playoff game.

Unless McNamara gets the start, I don't know what the solution was (I would have started McNamara).

Maybe it's just a maintenance day? He will still be available for Sunday, but they want to limit how much he plays until then?
They're never going to announce that he's done for the season until after playoffs because it might affect all of 10 people buying tickets.

I really don't want to see Mendoza in there. He killed a lot of runs just dribbling into nothingness

Pirlo is there. Not training but more than likely spending a lot of time with a trainer working on the side.
View attachment 6098
Props to Mix.
Burned.... there's no way you play ping pong with a calf injury. The quick pivots side to side engage the calf every time. If this is today, then Mix has slammed the door on the injury rumor by confirming it was a sham.

Hopefully not doing this for the last time this season. But here goes. The lineup and bench I hope to see. Still going with the 4-3-3 (overlapping during the match) because this is what has been working for us. My game plan like others have stated is to obviously score early but play for a 2-0 win. Get to 2-0 then see how the match is playing out. If we have overwhelming momentum and don't take too much of a risk to concede we go for 3, but still happy with 2 for extra time or penalties.

Only change from last week that I posted is putting TMac in over Mendoza this time.

upload_2016-11-2_15-14-22.png

Bench:
Saunders
Mendoza
Shelton
Hernandez
Taylor
Bravo
Martinez

3 subs depending on how the game is going:
Mendoza
Shelton
Hernandez

I'd try to go all out, get a quick goal and start to pull TFC out of their inevitable shell:

------Villa------Shelton
-Mata---Lamps---Harrison
----Pirlo---------Iraola
--Mena-Chanot-Brillant
----------Lurch

You'd have Mendoza and Mac if you need offense, RJ and Bravo if you need defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back