Home - 11/06 Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is watching the Manchester City-Barcelona game right now, this is our game plan. Press high up the pitch, cause turnovers, attack with numbers.

3-1, 75'

With 39% possession.

Edit: Would PV dare try this game plan? Concede possession, play in Toronto's half with a high press, force turnovers? He's gone the opposite direction all season. I'd love to see some urgent, all-out blitzkrieg and just f@ck them up the @ss, but I don't even know if this team would understand what that means after playing around in front of our own net for months on end...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
If anyone is watching the Manchester City-Barcelona game right now, this is our game plan. Press high up the pitch, cause turnovers, attack with numbers.

To be fair, I haven't watched a minute of Citeh-Barca this afternoon, but I thought "press high up the pitch, cause turnovers, attack with numbers" sounds more like the noisy neighbors from across the river, not NYCFC.

If you had to say "describe NYCFC attack in 140 characters" it would be "play slow out of back, control ball, draw team forward, hit with speed".

With 39% possession.

Edit: Would PV dare try this game plan? Concede possession, play in Toronto's half with a high press, force turnovers? He's gone the opposite direction all season. I'd love to see some urgent, all-out blitzkrieg and just f@ck them up the @ss, but I don't even know if this team would understand what that means after playing around in front of our own net for months on end...

It would be ballsy, imagine Toronto expects NYCFC to come out and attack, instead NYCFC draws them in and hits with Harrison/Mendoza speed, maybe Lamps with a trailing run. Would be completely unexpected.

It would be ballsy, imagine Toronto expects NYCFC to come out and attack, instead NYCFC draws them in and hits with Harrison/Mendoza speed, maybe Lamps with a trailing run. Would be completely unexpected.
The problem is, Toronto has no incentive to score so they can pass around the back for forever.

2nd problem is: we can't press. What I thought we would do was have someone sit on Bradley last game to make him turn it over high up the pitch. We didn't do that, though.

We had Mikey Lopez, I can't understand why Bradley could deal like he did on Sunday. Lopez is such an "active runner" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I'm convinced PV over-thought the method to draw an yellow from Bradley. He went with the "antagonize him with Mikey" route not realizing Bradley doesn't get overly physical with dustups. What PV should have done was put Bradley on his back foot defending our attacks because that's where desperation tackles come into play - so instead of 2dmids, we needed two attacking mids. Not that I'm a big TMac in the midfield fan, but he and Harrison instead of Bravo/Mikey, and start Khiry or TT at wing. With 5 guys that could attack (instead of the 3 used) Bradley would have had to actually defend rather than quarterback their attack.

I just cannot even grasp the notion that scoring 5 goals could still see us out.....
My takeaway from that is the more open the game (i.e. more goals), the greater percentage of the chart goes blue / grey aka favorable.

4/25 = 16%
7/36 = 19.4%
11/49 = 22.4%

Something something geometric series something.

Locker room translation - let's go out and kamikaze this ish.

My takeaway from that is the more open the game (i.e. more goals), the greater percentage of the chart goes blue / grey aka favorable.

4/25 = 16%
7/36 = 19.4%
11/49 = 22.4%

Something something geometric series something.

Locker room translation - let's go out and kamikaze this ish.
Can we try to play a game where we never cross midfield into our own half? So like last game, but opposite.

ETA: Kamikaze is racist. Don't say that.

Fuck. Who am I kidding. I can't even keep a straight face long enough to make the joke.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
Can we try to play a game where we never cross midfield into our own half? So like last game, but opposite.

ETA: Kamikaze is racist. Don't say that.

Fuck. Who am I kidding. I can't even keep a straight face long enough to make the joke.
Sounds lovely but we don't have the pace for that. Gio and Jozy would roast a high line at YS and we don't have the pressing ability to stop those balls from coming over.

If we play Lurch 30 yards out from his own goal, now we are talking and I am bringing a change of pants.

Reactions: ktdNYCFC and Ulrich
If Pirlo is still hurt, could PV play? That's at least one goal right there.

I've been on that train since Donovan came back. What would his pro-rated salary for one playoff match be? I'm sure we could fit it under the cap.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
fucking fuck nuggets

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.