Home - Chicago 4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, agree. The 433 is our most dynamic formation by pinning the opponents wingbacks back using our speedy forwards, and giving our wingbacks the freedom to bomb forward. I think the 343 was PV's concept to work within the confines of Yankee Stadium's super-6 size field.... it's problem seems to be the clogging of the midfield with no movement..... Lets' just play to break the league scoring record and all else will fall into place.
That's a solid interpretation, actually.

Reactions: Ulrich
How many more free kicks will Prilo be allowed to take without a goal before the job reverts back to Villa? Obviously Pirlo's delivery on corners and long set pieces has been impressive but I think anything within 6-10yards of the top of the box should be Villa's at this point. He proved last year that he can score those.

How many more free kicks will Prilo be allowed to take without a goal before the job reverts back to Villa? Obviously Pirlo's delivery on corners and long set pieces has been impressive but I think anything within 6-10yards of the top of the box should be Villa's at this point. He proved last year that he can score those.
The switch in free-kick taking is tied to the switch of the man in goal..... answer one and you'll have the answer for the other.

Interesting stuff from EOS today. I know the below wasn't part of the press package sent out by the team, but I can't say either development would be completely surprising - either reverting to the 4-3-3 or playing Villa wide left.

NYCFC appears likely to revert to the 4-3-3 it used against the Chicago Fire in the season opener. Although the formation and the opponent are the same, the personnel may change.

Patrick Mullins and Steven Mendoza saw time as a center forward during training this week, with David Villa moved to his natural left sided position.

Inserting Mullins into the starting lineup would provide New York City with a more physical focal point for its attack.

“My job is pretty simple,” Mullins said, “two things is to hold the ball up for the team and make sure I combine well to buildup the attack and to be there and finish off the goals. I start the runs into the box to dictate for everyone else and I think I do those things well.”
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/nycfc-notes-lampard-recovering-slowly-harrison-update-more-46678/

Interesting stuff from EOS today. I know the below wasn't part of the press package sent out by the team, but I can't say either development would be completely surprising - either reverting to the 4-3-3 or playing Villa wide left.

NYCFC appears likely to revert to the 4-3-3 it used against the Chicago Fire in the season opener. Although the formation and the opponent are the same, the personnel may change.

Patrick Mullins and Steven Mendoza saw time as a center forward during training this week, with David Villa moved to his natural left sided position.

Inserting Mullins into the starting lineup would provide New York City with a more physical focal point for its attack.

“My job is pretty simple,” Mullins said, “two things is to hold the ball up for the team and make sure I combine well to buildup the attack and to be there and finish off the goals. I start the runs into the box to dictate for everyone else and I think I do those things well.”
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/nycfc-notes-lampard-recovering-slowly-harrison-update-more-46678/
I'm going to guess that if we see this it will be after substitutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.