Home (Citi Field) - 10/22 Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broadcast info from YES Network:

Due to a conflict with YES' Brooklyn Nets broadcast on Sunday, October 22nd, the NYCFC broadcast will air on affiliate networks as follows:

Optimum Users - HD Channel 205 SD Channels vary by region.

Direct TV Users - HD Channel 631-1

Verizon FiOS Users - HD Channel 501 (Available throughout NY Market EXCEPT Manhattan, Staten Island and parts of Brooklyn and Queens.

Streaming - Fox Sports Go app

The hits just keep on coming

Reactions: NYCFC_JD and Kjbert
I have a friend who goes to a lot of practices who has informed me that PV is not very happy with how "lost" Lewis gets on the defensive side of the play. But that Lewis is working very hard.
I could see that. But I can't see how Khiry is any less lost, on either side of the ball. He is literally at least a half second slower to decide and act than any other player on the pitch, so he's never in the right place or making the right play.

I wish we would have gotten the win last night so Pirlo could have gotten a proper send off this weekend. As it stands i dont think the risk is worth the reward.

I have a friend who goes to a lot of practices who has informed me that PV is not very happy with how "lost" Lewis gets on the defensive side of the play. But that Lewis is working very hard.
The crazy thing about Lewis is that right now we need offense more than defense. Even if he’s only keyed in 50% of the time to where PV wants him, he’s still able to freelance on defense and pressure around him. Hell, there were times last night when Villa was pressing and Shelton was 20m from the guy that got the outlet and he left him unmarked because he doesn’t feel the flow of the press. I cannot fathom what PV expects if we get Khiry’s absent minded defense????

Last edited:
giphy.gif

We actually had 1 practice at Yankee Stadium. It was in 2015 and for fan appreciation fans got to line the third baseline and get autographs and photos afterwards. Never happened since.
I mean, they've had plenty of practice at YS by virtue of playing there. And I think I remember hearing that the training pitch had the same dimensions. I'm sure these types of things contribute to the nebulous blobby concept we call "home field advantage". For example, "if the big scoreboard is in my field of vision then I know which way the sideline runs and how hard to hit the diagonal".

As things stand, switching to Citifield is probably somewhere between neutral and the disadvantage of playing away. For Columbus it's like preparing for a normal away game whereas we are in this weird uncanny valley situation of preparing for a home game in an unfamiliar venue. And all the organizational discord and resentment that flows downstream of that.

I think the key to this game is how well Maxi will play. He can be mercurial (except when dribbling towards his own 'keeper), and if he plays well, Villa can benefit and score the goal or two that is needed. I'm not worried about the defensive side as long as Ring and Herrera shield the back four. Another crucial point is that Wallace must not have another stinker, he must contribute a lot more than he did the last time. My main fear is that we'll see yet another senseless stroll by McNamara, who shouldn't be let anywhere near the Citi Field on the match day. Harsh, I know, but that could be the deciding factor between finishing 2nd and 3rd/4th.

Broadcast info from YES Network:

Due to a conflict with YES' Brooklyn Nets broadcast on Sunday, October 22nd, the NYCFC broadcast will air on affiliate networks as follows:

Optimum Users - HD Channel 205 SD Channels vary by region.

Direct TV Users - HD Channel 631-1

Verizon FiOS Users - HD Channel 501 (Available throughout NY Market EXCEPT Manhattan, Staten Island and parts of Brooklyn and Queens.

Streaming - Fox Sports Go app

ESPN2 will also be doing a “whip around show” like nfl red zone since all teams will be playing at the same time. Pretty cool, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.