Home - Columbus 08/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there with my son-- his club (a youth affiliate) bought a block for players/families that wanted to go. Might get a sec on the jumbotron! :D

I'd like to see Saunders sit this one out.

Ouch. I would love for Eirik to be good. He's 6'7". I just don't think you can replace Josh's fire right now. I know he isn't perfect. His distribution is atrocious for starters, but you switch him out at this point and you not only shake the team up for no pressing reason, but you also shake your fanbase.

Ouch. I would love for Eirik to be good. He's 6'7". I just don't think you can replace Josh's fire right now. I know he isn't perfect. His distribution is atrocious for starters, but you switch him out at this point and you not only shake the team up for no pressing reason, but you also shake your fanbase.
This.

Johanssen won't give us a 7 game win streak. But our players on the field coming together might (though also unlikely). In 3-4 more games if we are out of playoff possibility then yes. We will still have 4-5 games to test him out. But right now is not the time.

As a guy who has obsessed all season about ticket sales, I can tell you they do hold back tickets for one reason or another. It's happened quite often that I see the NOT MANY LEFT icon on Ticketmaster only to have it disappear a day later.

I guess they hold back sections for promotions, giveaways, possible ST sales, visitors, etc, then release them several days before game time.

They definitely hold tickets back until a week or so before the game. Some of this is season tickets. I think a lot of it involves group sales when they aren't sure how big the group is going to be.

In this case, it is currently the morning 3 days before the game. Ticketmaster shows 147 seats available outside of the Delta Box. Even if they are holding some back, this is a sell out easily. The only question is whether they open up seats in the 300 level.

Reactions: JayH
May the Force be With You!

Come join us at Yankee Stadium, on Wednesday, September 16, as New York City FC take on Toronto FC at 7pm. Each ticket purchased will receive a limited edition Star Wars NYCFC T-shirt.* Please print your tickets prior to arriving to the match.

*while supplies last.

**Founding Members can login to their Cityzens account and use points in the Rewards Store to redeem a shirt.

54125.jpg

Just found the tweet - it's kinda crap that you need a printed ticket to get a shirt - STHs that use their cards won't get as many points by going to the game with printed tickets
I used points from my seat with the lower point total to redeem the shirt. It's kind of annoying that they're giving it away to non-STH given how many points it cost. If But if you have a choice of buying it with points or getting fewer points by using paper, use the paper. It cost 1000 points so you're definitely better off. Of course, it's also a "while supplies last" giveaway, so I would print the paper and have both the paper and ticket in my hand until I saw if they still have a shirt to give when I show up.

Also, after I redeemed I got an email 2 weeks ago saying fan services would contact me to arrange delivery and I haven't heard anything. This thread just reminded me and I emailed them.

Last edited:
Reactions: LostAnvil
I used points from my seat with the lower point total to redeem the shirt. It's kind of annoying that they're giving it away to non-STH given how many points it cost. If But if you have a choice of buying it with points or getting fewer points by using paper, use the paper. It cost 1000 points so you're definitely better off. Of course, it's also a "while supplies last" giveaway, so I would print the paper and have both the paper and ticket in my hand until I saw if they still have a shirt to give when I show up.

Also, after I redeemed I got an email 2 weeks ago saying fan services would contact me to arrange delivery and I haven't heard anything. This thread just reminded me and I emailed them.

I'm still waiting on the Pirlo t-shirt I was promised when I signed up for season tickets on July 6.

Reactions: mgarbowski

I'm writing to them now to confirm how best to get the shirt without having to use points or printing out the tickets. More to come.

Reactions: joe
Exchanged some emails with NYCFC Fan Services. Full transcript below:

LA: Just waiting to clarify how, as a season ticket holder, can I get the Star Wars shirt on 9/16.

I normally use my cards to get in the stadium and wasn't sure if I needed a printed ticket to get the shirt at the door.

I know we can use our points to get a shirt, but would prefer to not use my points if I can get it for free.

Thank you very much for your help with this.

FS: The only way for season ticket holders to get a shirt is to use their Cityzens points or to purchase a ticket using the Star Wars promo code.

LA: Thanks for the response. Do you know when more shirts will be made available in the Cityzens store? Then would the shirt be delivered or would we pick it up at the stadium on 9/16?

FS: I don’t think we will be releasing anymore through Cityzens. If you do purchase one, you will pick it up at the stadium on 9/16.

LA: So there were only 30 made available to the STHs in the Cityzens Store? Doesn't seem very fair that walk-ups have the advantage in this situation.

FS: No- there were 100 available from the beginning. Like you, others wanted to get their hands on one and unfortunately we were only able to hold back 100. You, as a season ticket holder, get a lot more advantages and benefits than the single-game buyers who purchased a shirt.
Some people have been buying a ticket via the promo and selling their season tickets to the match.

LA: Sounds good. Thanks for your help with this. Appreciate it!

Pretty freggin lame, if you ask me. I'm not going to sit in another seat and go through that hassle just for a Star Wars shirt that is only available in XL. :: sigh ::

Reactions: FootyLovin
Status
Not open for further replies.