Home - June 12 - North Carolina (U.S. Open Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's better than them making you buy US Open Cup tickets before the season, and now you're stuck with tickets you don't want.

No one's forcing you to go to this game, but the team has every right to charge prices for it. Hopefully the prices are cheap.

You're arguing against phantoms. Nobody said they have no right to charge for tickets or that they should make us pay in advance for the games.

long island is part of NYC
OK, let's straighten this out.

Long Island physically includes four counties of New York state: Kings, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk.

Two of those are in New York City, Brooklyn and Queens, and are two of the five boroughs. The other three boroughs are the Bronx, Manhattan (New York county), Staten Island (Richmond county). When people say "Long Island" they generally mean Nassau and Suffolk together.

To make things more complicated, there's also Long Island City. Started out life as a bunch of separate towns along the East River (not actually a river), incorporated into a separate city on Long Island for maybe 20 years or so, then became part of New York City in I think 1897. Long Island City is *not* part of Long Island as it's the westernmost part of Queens.

Yes, I love maps and geography. Why do you ask?

I’m a big proponent of queens and Brooklyn seceding from NY
giphy.gif

Long Island the physical structure includes Brroklyn and Queens, b
And I live in the Town of Eastchester, which is located in the County of Westchester. Try explaining that to your kids.
And I lived in Eastchester, which is located in Westchester, accessible by the Cross County Parkway or the Cross Westchester Expressway, with an address in Scarsdale.

South Africa is in Africa, but West Virginia is not in Virginia.
Baltimore the city is not in Baltimore County.
I can't even with Kansas City.
West Virginia was part of Virginia until it seceded from VA at the start of the Civil War... the west side of VA had actually long wanted to form a separate state, but the US constitution didn’t allow part of a state to secede, so when VA left the Union, it gave the western area the opportunity to leave and join up as a new state. Obviously more to it than that, but it’s the cliffs notes version.

Why is it ridiculous? Do English teams give FA Cup tickets away for free? This isn't an exhibition; if you want to watch a professional team play soccer, even at a college field, it's perfectly acceptable to charge. Now, I would say you should get reduced prices for this game, but I don't think it's out of bounds for them to charge for a competitive tournament.

Just my 2 cents

Villarreal and spanish teams in season tickets include all competitive games (copa del rey, champions, y europa)

Reactions: Kjbert
Just my 2 cents

Villarreal and spanish teams in season tickets include all competitive games (copa del rey, champions, y europa)
I'd be down for this in a world where we have a stadium. Makes life a bit easier not having to hunt down tickets, takes out the decision making, ensures same seats and same people around you etc.

I'd be down for this in a world where we have a stadium. Makes life a bit easier not having to hunt down tickets, takes out the decision making, ensures same seats and same people around you etc.

Exactly. Part of my decision making to have tickets is where the games are played. I didn’t sign up to drive to cosmos country

But they charge up-front for those games, right?
Not sure how much but i remember my cousin saying he paid like a little over 400 Euros for 3 season ticket for villarreal (included europa, champions league, and copa del rey) these seats are center row like 25....one thing though the seats are tight.... A friend of ours couldnt really fit....so they said he could sit/ stand in the stairs

New York City FC is back in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and will host North Carolina FC at St. John’s University in the Fourth Round on Wednesday, June 12 at 7 p.m.

Ticket information for the home match vs. North Carolina FC, which will take place at Belson Stadium at St. John’s University in Queens, will be announced in the coming days.

City Members will have priority access to purchase tickets for the match (1 ticket per City Membership on their account) and have a preferred member price.

North Carolina FC was founded in 2006 and plays in the USL Championship, the second tier of the American Soccer Pyramid. This will be the first-ever matchup in any competition between the two clubs.

The Open Cup is a single-elimination knockout tournament open to teams across the American Soccer Pyramid, and one of the oldest existent soccer tournaments in the world, having first been contested in 1914.

The First Round featured 38 amateur and USL League One teams from across the United States, with 25 US-based USL Championship teams entering in the Second Round. The 11 teams that remain after the Third Round are now joined by the 21 US-based MLS teams in the Fourth Round, which opens on June 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.