Home - Nycfc V Philadelphia - 04/16

Every time K19 is on the field it's a different game, I just wonder what Kreis is waiting on to give him the start. Maybe we won't see these slow starts to games.
Seems as if Kreis is protecting him, in a way - I heard he's been shielding him from the media so he can focus on his game - that might be part of it, but what if his fitness isn't up for 70- 90+ minutes of play?

I think his fitness is there. I just think it's a matter of using his speed late when the rest of the pitch is slower. I think he can play 70 minutes but he probably can't burn you outright for 70 minutes.

I have a feeling you are going to see their first great first half of the season Thursday night. Nothing seemed to irk JK more than the fact that they repeatedly have come out flat in the first half. I am sure that has been a theme this week and expect (hope that) they have gotten the message.

I have a feeling you are going to see their first great first half of the season Thursday night. Nothing seemed to irk JK more than the fact that they repeatedly have come out flat in the first half. I am sure that has been a theme this week and expect (hope that) they have gotten the message.
yeah, his tell is the signature "tiny bird mouth" face he makes.

Exhibit A:
020714-Soccer-Jason-Kreis-PI2.jpg

We break down the loss from Saturday and give you our opinion of what to expect Thursday in Ep 13 of Blue City Radio.

One name that isn't mentioned often is Pablo Alvarez. Keep in mind also that Thomas McNamara got minutes against Sporting.

Ballouchy is a safe choice and it allows Jacobson more room to float, but I'm with most of you. I've seen enough Ballouchy. If Kreis is really concerned about a slow start, then Ballouchy sits and McNamara and Shelton start.

Has anyone confirmed if the D Train will stop at Yankee Stadium Thursday Evening? It usually skips 161st Street during the evening rush Uptown, but they suspend that fr Yankee games.

Seems as if Kreis is protecting him, in a way - I heard he's been shielding him from the media so he can focus on his game - that might be part of it, but what if his fitness isn't up for 70- 90+ minutes of play?
I agree that appears to be the case

Reactions: LostAnvil
If I've already printed paper tickets out for the game, do I NEED to use those or can I just take my cards?

I believe this should be Nemec's last opportunity as a starter. He MUST score and improve his first touch and if he doesn't we should see if Patrick Mullins does the job, he showed better chemistry with Villa in that 2-0 goal in our home opener than with Nemec all season long.

Definitely I go with Mullins and Villa upfront, although I have been softening my criticism with Mr. Mohawk. In the last 2 games he played, his size was a plus rather than a hindrance

Definitely I go with Mullins and Villa upfront, although I have been softening my criticism with Mr. Mohawk. In the last 2 games he played, his size was a plus rather than a hindrance
If we are going to play Nemec we need to make sure we use his height as a weapon and start getting some high crosses in since clearly he does not have a very good first touch nor is he any good at passing. That's really what the team's been doing, we pass the ball around without creating any shot at goal chances. Also let me point out that having 2 forwards rarely works on a 4-4-2 formation when your technique is to possess the ball...

Last edited:
If JK wants to bring Khiry off the bench again to ease him into the season I hope he gives Tommy Mac the start over Seba. Before Tommy was hurt last year he was a top candidate for rookie of the year. His playing style will give us more urgency from the opening whistle and he makes opportunities happen.