Home V Disney City 07/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mix also has no idea how we are gameplanning for this opponent, and if we've installed anything new in the last few weeks, he won't know that either. I would love to see him, but I doubt we will.

You think Kreis really has a game plan for Orlando? The only different tactics I have seen from Kreis and the rest of the coaching staff was when we played Toronto on the road. All we did was foul Giovinco.

Reactions: DeGrozz and Kjbert

Looks like Pirlo is available. And WTF, is Kreis really this fucking brain dead? What role? If he's available then you fucking start him.

I think Kreis said "I understand that he's still considered one of the best midfielders in the world, but I think fans will be pleasantly surprised at how well a Ballouchy, Jacobsen, Poku, McNamara midfield will play together."

Mix also has no idea how we are gameplanning for this opponent, and if we've installed anything new in the last few weeks, he won't know that either. I would love to see him, but I doubt we will.
You don't think he would be in touch by phone or email? I'm sure he would've been out of contact for most of the tournament, but they lost Wednesday. From that point on, if I were Kreis - damn, just found the flaw in my own logic.

Looks like Pirlo is available. And WTF, is Kreis really this fucking brain dead? What role? If he's available then you fucking start him.
Here's hoping:

------Villa------Mullins------
------------TMac--------------
--Mix------------------Ballouchy--
----------PIRLO---------------
Angelino-Facey-Mena-Iraola
------------Saunders-----------

We need to slow our roll a bit here.

Yes, it's Andrea Pirlo we're talking about, but it's also an Andrea Pirlo that's been on his offseason, has been on vacation, and has essentially just had three training sessions (which were mostly individual sessions). I'd love it if Pirlo can start, and I'm sure he keeps himself in great shape, but don't you think it might be a bit much to ask for 90 minutes (or even 60-70) in a competitive match from him just a few days after onky beginning his preparation for a new season?

Injury report:

New York City FC
  • Connor Brandt (hernia surgery) -- OUT
  • George John (knee surgery) -- OUT
  • Frank Lampard (left soleus) -- QUESTIONABLE
  • Ryan Meara (back) -- QUESTIONABLE
  • Khiry Shelton (left quad) -- QUESTIONABLE
  • Tony Taylor (knee surgery) -- OUT
And obviously Hernandez and Grabavoy are out

Orlando City SC
  • Tony Cascio (back) -- OUT
  • Harrison Heath (knee surgery) -- OUT
  • Kevin Molino (knee surgery) -- OUT
  • Martin Paterson (knee injury) -- OUT
  • Brek Shea (hernia surgery) -- OUT
  • Sean St. Ledger (shoulder) -- OUT
Cristian Higuita is also out on yellow card accumulation for Orlando

Reactions: FootyLovin

Yes, it's Andrea Pirlo we're talking about, but it's also an Andrea Pirlo that's been on his offseason, has been on vacation, and has essentially just had three training sessions (which were mostly individual sessions). I'd love it if Pirlo can start, and I'm sure he keeps himself in great shape, but don't you think it might be a bit much to ask for 90 minutes (or even 60-70) in a competitive match from him just a few days after onky beginning his preparation for a new season?
I actually agree with you and would be very happy to see him coming off the bench.

It's possible he could, but remember that he hasn't played or practiced with the team for weeks.
If I were Kreis I would have had an assistant coach in Philadelphia yesterday with a limo. The two hour car ride home would have been plenty to go over film and strategy and have Mix up to speed for today's game.

Start MIX!!!!

Exactly. I actually think that it would be reckless to start him today. Unless he has been training at his top level since the CL final, the risk of picking up a nagging injury like a hamstring is too high. That being said, if he is ready to play, i'll be happy to see him in the 2nd half!

Injury report:

New York City FC
  • Connor Brandt (hernia surgery) -- OUT
  • George John (knee surgery) -- OUT
  • Frank Lampard (left soleus) -- QUESTIONABLE
  • Ryan Meara (back) -- QUESTIONABLE
  • Khiry Shelton (left quad) -- QUESTIONABLE
  • Tony Taylor (knee surgery) -- OUT

That's gotta be the first time "left soleus" has ever been published in an injury report.

Reactions: JayH
Would love to see a midfield feature of Mix and Pirlo even if it's only for a half. Oh the creativity that will come!

Status
Not open for further replies.