How To Mitigate Lampard's Absence?

Lamps better be back here in January. Period. The only exception is if NYCFC trains in England. If his stay at MCFC is extended then we all need to question CFG's priorities for NYCFC. Lamps is a NYCFC player. He needs to train with them from day 1.

Lamps better be back here in January. Period. The only exception is if NYCFC trains in England. If his stay at MCFC is extended then we all need to question CFG's priorities for NYCFC. Lamps is a NYCFC player. He needs to train with them from day 1.

NYCFC has already announced they will be training in England.

Hahahahaha is that allowed?

Someone on here - maybe Falastur Falastur - knew the rules about selling players between the clubs

Hahahahaha is that allowed?

Someone on here - maybe Falastur Falastur - knew the rules about selling players between the clubs

There's no reason NYCFC couldn't sell him on to MCFC for a fee. The only real hurdle is whether CFG find it in their interests to do so.

Reactions: Kjbert
So he shows up after a six hour flight from England, meets the team for the first time in the locker room and heads out for the first game, and you are cool? Hmmm, I guess that is one way to look at it.
He can't do that, but better that then showing up when it suits him in May.

This is a serious question, but I believe Lamps will be with you by February anyway.

Instead of looking at the negatives of if he stays with MCFC
Lets just pretend that
a) Lamps stayed at MCFC
or god forbid, Lamps picks up an injury on a January extension with MCFC (I believe a January extension is likely)

Who could our owners (realistically) sign that would enable Frank to stay in Manchester and make this right with you ? (Messi wont be available)

The problem with this is that roster rules in MLS don't work like that. Having a DP slot unavailable negatively impacts your ability to properly construct a roster in a lot of ways that aren't readily apparent. It's not as simple as subbing X for Y.

If Lampard wasn't going to be available, then they shouldn't have signed him in the first place.

Reactions: Gazza_55 and Kjbert
The problem with this is that roster rules in MLS don't work like that. Having a DP slot unavailable negatively impacts your ability to properly construct a roster in a lot of ways that aren't readily apparent. It's not as simple as subbing X for Y.

If Lampard wasn't going to be available, then they shouldn't have signed him in the first place.

Thanks Panda, I did not know that the roster rules did not allow MLS teams to work like that.
Please could you (in laymans terms) explain how the MLS rules negatively affect NYCFC in this situation
Thanks

Reactions: CP_Scouse
are we blowing this out of proportion? and by this, i mean the possibility that lampard extends his loan w/ city? if he were to play the entire PL season, how many MLS games would he actually miss/be unavailable for in the future?

Thanks Panda, I did not know that the roster rules did not allow MLS teams to work like that.
Please could you (in laymans terms) explain how the MLS rules negatively affect NYCFC in this situation
Thanks

You are allowed up the three players on your roster who are paid an unlimited salary, while only counting 385k vs the cap.

If he is an NYCFC player but isn't here, then you have one "special player" out of three not here and performing. Plus you are wasting about. 15% of your salary cap on a player that isn't here.

are we blowing this out of proportion? and by this, i mean the possibility that lampard extends his loan w/ city? if he were to play the entire PL season, how many MLS games would he actually miss/be unavailable for in the future?
it would be the first 3 months of the league, so yes very big deal
The Red Bulls played 14 games between March 8, 2014 and May 27, 2014 or 14 out of 34 games in the Regular Season. That would be approximately 41% of the games played for the 2014 season. Most US Open Cup games aren't until June but if they are earlier than that number could increase.
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/schedule

So yeah, a lot.

it would be the first 3 months of the league, so yes very big deal

is it a
The Red Bulls played 14 games between March 8, 2014 and May 27, 2014 or 14 out of 34 games in the Regular Season. That would be approximately 41% of the games played for the 2014 season. Most US Open Cup games aren't until June but if they are earlier than that number could increase.
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/schedule

So yeah, a lot.

well, crap.

Reactions: MrE