Introducing Chelsea Cabarcas

giphy.gif

Fix what? They are on the other side of the stadium, they play FAR less than they used to (do they play in the stadium at all anymore?) and THEY CAN PLAY.
Yeah they are definitely trained musicians. They are a band put together to play for hire at commercial events. So it's gonna feel a little / a lot plastic. It's one of those situations where everybody is doing what they think they are supposed to but the end-to-end scenario doesn't make sense .

Yeah they are definitely trained musicians. They are a band put together to play for hire at commercial events. So it's gonna feel a little / a lot plastic. It's one of those situations where everybody is doing what they think they are supposed to but the end-to-end scenario doesn't make sense .

they honestly dont bother me at all... i see lots of families hanging around them pregame and enjoying it.

Reactions: Goodfella

Are there any other fan bases in MLS that you look to as an example of what NYCFC fans should aspire to? Just as far as energy and involvement.

Are there any other fan bases in MLS that you look to as an example of what NYCFC fans should aspire to? Just as far as energy and involvement.
I've only been to DC and NE in the flesh. Have been meaning to go to Seattle and Portland but the timing never lines up. But no, nothing I've witnessed in the flesh at an MLS game has been something I've aspired to, yet. Although the NYCFC support has been great :D

I think I know where your line of questioning leads and no, I don't have any suggestions for City Beats-oriented improvements. But neither have I been to those places, noticed the absence of a corporate horn band, and thought to myself "damn you know what this place needs?". But that's just me.

Anyway, I regret mentioning it now because a) it wasn't constructive criticism, b) we threaten to derail an otherwise positive thread...

I think the Club has figured out how to deploy CitiBeats. They aren't next to the supporters anymore, and they are more active at better times. When they are playing outside the stadium before games, the atmosphere is great. At halftime, that's decent show (maybe the old college football fan in me just likes a band at halftime). So, on the whole they are a plus for me.

Fix what? They are on the other side of the stadium, they play FAR less than they used to (do they play in the stadium at all anymore?) and THEY CAN PLAY.

Yeah, let's be fair: They're quite a bit of fun pre-game outside the stadium. They're not really needed inside the stadium because the supporters section is plenty loud enough and the atmosphere is good, but they're a good addition to the pre-game festivities outside the building.

When did she get the job? This pic is from the 9th and liked by a lot of players.. damn they took no time tracking her down and sliding into the DM’s.
View attachment 8359
I think she already knew some of the players and people around the team before she got the job. I know for sure that she knew Villa, as he has been following her on Instagram for at least the past year or so. I only know that because she showed up on my "suggested" page. She was also the one who interviewed Villa during his Facebook Live last year. But Coach Kristian, Nate the photographer, Callens, and Mikey have all been following her since last year as well.

She played for Bayside High School, while on the Colombia U17 team. Something odd about that.