Jack Harrison to Manchester City - Official

The both of you 21Architect and Kangaroo Jack Kangaroo Jack shut up !!! First you kangaroo I am Proud to be one of those Pirlo rejects you speak of . I have no influence at all with our Boss NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan but I vote your ass off the island . Now 21 your ass should know better JACK is still a boy and just wasted what 2 or 3 years of his time with an organization that just kicked him to the curb . Of course Andrea will be remembered but not always in a positive light . Not so for Jack. And those who never or don't know fuck them !!! Now Jack's gonna go off a d do great things and get that recognition and NYCFC is gonna be the Asshole of the MLS
Pretty much everyone is happy with this move. It was a great move for Jack and NYCFC also benefited from it.

Is it just me or does this article deepen the impression that City was using Stoke as a stalking horse to drive up Jack's market price? I don't have a coherent explanation for why that would be good budget practice but you can at least imagine why matching an existing offer would help keep the leagues and federations happy.

Remember that MLS has to approve the terms and has a big financial interest in the outcome. Man City was never going to be able to acquire Harrison without there being a process to gauge where the market is for his services. After his season and his run out with the England U-21s, NYCFC must have had plenty of inbound traffic asking about Jack. My guess is that CFG had their own price in mind and then let the process play out. If their price wasn't hit, then they would just match the highest bid and take him.

That's a great position to be in for CFG, even if it means the market bids up what they might otherwise have to pay. In any event, they weren't going to get away with less.

Remember that MLS has to approve the terms and has a big financial interest in the outcome. Man City was never going to be able to acquire Harrison without there being a process to gauge where the market is for his services. After his season and his run out with the England U-21s, NYCFC must have had plenty of inbound traffic asking about Jack. My guess is that CFG had their own price in mind and then let the process play out. If their price wasn't hit, then they would just match the highest bid and take him.

That's a great position to be in for CFG, even if it means the market bids up what they might otherwise have to pay. In any event, they weren't going to get away with less.

Yeah, I think you, Kjbert, and I are all pretty much on the same page now. I doubt Man City initiated the bidding or particularly cared whether or not they acquired Harrison—their participation was just a way for CFG to hang onto its asset once Stoke put in an attractive offer.

Yeah, I think you, Kjbert, and I are all pretty much on the same page now. I doubt Man City initiated the bidding or particularly cared whether or not they acquired Harrison—their participation was just a way for CFG to hang onto its asset once Stoke put in an attractive offer.
You mean bloviating instead of carving it down to the essence of them buying annuities? Yeah, you guys sorted this one, straightaway.

annuities

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm not sure that applies to GAM received from transfers out. I know each team receives an annual allotment of GAM and that is probably only good for the year, but I'd like to think that doesn't apply for transfer fees. I tried looking it up on the MLS Roster Rules website, but it wasn't specific.

That site will need an update fairly soon. Not only to account for new 2018 cap numbers and relative thresholds, but they also list GAM received for qualifying for CCL and then additional GAM for reaching the CCL knockout stage. But after the CCL reorganization, MLS teams already start at the knockout stage.

Will be interesting to see what some of those changes are from last year. Especially as the league has encountered various scenarios it either didn't foresee encountering or just poorly planned for (i.e., Jack being drafted in Superdraft, traded to NYCFC and sold after 2 years - is it 1/2 or 2/3 of the fee?)

For this purpose, I went ahead and copied the MLS Roster Rules from the site into a word document. Once the 2018 Roster Rules are released, I plan on doing a comparison between the two to see what updates have been made.
If you add that to all the other hypotheses here and stick it on medium, you'll get a Wiebe tweet or two .

But I'll personally still remember birthday soup and his Mexican pal, regardless.

I like to picture my soup in a bedazzled uncle sam costume.

Reactions: Paul and SoupInNYC
Is it just me or does this article deepen the impression that City was using Stoke as a stalking horse to drive up Jack's market price? I don't have a coherent explanation for why that would be good budget practice but you can at least imagine why matching an existing offer would help keep the leagues and federations happy.

I don't see it that way. If MCFC wanted to overpay for Jack from the start, why would MLS say no? NYCFC doesn't get any more GAM, the rest of the fee could just be moved between club bank accounts anyway, but the higher the fee the more MLS keeps. If this were about price why wouldn't CFG want it as low as possible? It doesn't make Harrison any less attractive to the next buyer down the line.

I posit a third theory - that CFG knew Harrison would want to go to England when clubs became interested, but wanted him for as long as possible before that. The bid from Stoke was nothing to do with "market value", it was just the marker point to decide at what point NYCFC could no longer keep hold of him.

He's been useless for months.
Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan is Midas and theses newbies better learn the hard way how this forum is run like it or not you Fkn sink or swim here new people !!! ........now if you want to talk useless in the now in real time that be the man in your little picture !!! my little picture is the past old but gold and beautiful and Never Ever needs the money to get a F**K!

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan is Midas and theses newbies better learn the hard way how this forum is run like it or not you Fkn sink or swim here new people !!! ........now if you want to talk useless in the now in real time that be the man in your little picture !!! my little picture is the past old but gold and beautiful and Never Ever needs the money to get a F**K!

does anyone know what this says? i dont speak Angelese

does anyone know what this says? i dont speak Angelese
Using Google Translate Angelaese to English:

@Midas Mulligan is Midas and theses newbies better learn the hard way how this forum is run like it or not you Fkn sink or swim here new people !!! ........now if you want to talk useless in the now in real time that be the man in your little picture !!! my little picture is the past old but gold and beautiful and Never Ever needs the money to get a F**K!

Using Google Translate Angelaese to English:

@Midas Mulligan is Midas and theses newbies better learn the hard way how this forum is run like it or not you Fkn sink or swim here new people !!! ........now if you want to talk useless in the now in real time that be the man in your little picture !!! my little picture is the past old but gold and beautiful and Never Ever needs the money to get a F**K!

so even google translate has no idea, got it