Jersey Postmatch

The best part is that you can win a game without Villa or Wallace.
Mostly agree with your post, but if you think we win that without Villa and Wallace, I have to disagree.

I thought they were both absolutely huge for us.

Anyway, well done. Feels great to pick up the win, but mostly just feels great not to have lost to them again. On to the next one.

First, got to speak with Calen Carr, Ian Joy, and Ben Bailey (Cash Cab is coming back!) before the match. All awesome guys. Calen had a 2-1 score prediction for NYCFC then said if he were talking to a RB fan it would be 2-1 for them. He works for MLS, he has to be neutral.

Also said hello to Nico, the first overall pick of the NHL Draft last night to the Devils. Wouldn't have noticed him unless for the Devils hat on his head.

Got to see Maxi at halftime, he was in the Skybox suite just hanging around. Nobody seemed to know who he was. I said, we will see you back in 2 weeks, 3 weeks. He said, it would be a while. Hopefully something was lost in translation. But likely not, Maxi is likely to be out month(s).

Other thoughts...
- Thought it was fair referred game. Some things here and there but the big decisions Alan Kelly got right.
- Yangel is a special player.
- Vieira got it right today. TMac was better in the midfield. Jack was better in the wing. Mata not starting was smart but a reckless tackle was made just as the game was ending. Dirty play by Red Bull.

Well, story time again...

I sat next to Vince and Vance Moss and I can say these guys are honestly cartoon characters. I wasn't sitting directly next to them. It was brother, brother, wife, wife, my friend, me. The buffer was needed. I guess they read what I posted on Twitter because they were nonstop chirping at me about Twitter, how the away supporters are being vulgar and should be banned, etc, etc, etc. They were saying, this isn't a safe space, you don't know the whole story, don't cross the line, and probably said "fuck" in a sentence directed at me more than Chanot had touches. Saying we're crybabies and acting like a child crying. It got to the point of amusement. My friend who I took didn't understand it until halftime when I told him and he realized too these guys are idiots talking shit at a kid for a whole match.

I didn't respond to or even care to notice them for most of the match. Don't pay attention to the haters. I watched the match and supported NYCFC. Over the course of the match I only said the following:
- Don't go over to our supporter section this time.
- Scoreboard.
- I'm not cursing, don't swear at me.

I'm 10+ years younger than these guys. I have done nothing wrong to them. Why the hate?

Great day. I should have put on sunscreen.

My friend I shouldn't tweet about these guys. But I have to say something publicly about their clown behavior and cursing at me.

One last thing about them. One of them brought an Oscar statue that they raised when an NYCFC foul was called believing it was acting. They asked me, "Does this cross the line?" I responded, hopefully they heard, "Depends where you put it."

Last edited:
Got to see Maxi at halftime, he was in the Skybox suite just hanging around. Nobody seemed to know who he was. I said, we will see you back in 2 weeks, 3 weeks. He said, it would be a while. Hopefully something was lost in translation. But likely not, Maxi is likely to be out month(s).

Hope not. Makes you wonder though it all we have been hearing is "coach speak" about how he was doing, maybe so that the Red Bulls had to game plan for him. Because after the Open Cup is was reported to not be serious, and then the quote about there being "a chance" he would be available for this match.

The curse of Lampard's calf has been passed down

Afternoon took a turn to the surreal when I high-fived Lasker's mom after watching Ben Sweat score.

I could have kissed Seth Seth but didn't want to appear too forward since we just met. :tearsofjoy: Had an awesome time and so HAPPY with the win and that we kept a clean sheet. Our supporters was AMAZING! Best chant "Beat the TRAFFIC!" Lovely meeting Seth Seth, Lasker and his cool Mom, Taurus and his friend. Always a pleasure hanging out with mgarbowski mgarbowski. Thank you Viewfrom226 for organizing a traveling group! And thank you to JGarrettLieb for his ticket!

Really looking forward to the DisCo report during the week. Hoping to see a suspension for Adams on the kick on Herrera when the play was called dead and Lawrence on the nasty tackle on Mata at the end of the game. Possibly also Collin on the tackle on Villa going for the stomp.

The sooner Marsch can get shipped to Austria the better, because Adams and Muyl chirp like their whinny coach and are the two most deserving to have the ball kicked off their faces. Both are good players, but their complaining is excessive and pathetic.

Lawrence should have gotten a Red for his tackle and Disco better suspend him - that was blatant intent to injur.

Loved the hustle by everybody and gotta hand it to TMac, he ran his ass off and played more physically than I've ever seen him play.

Jack is so special around the box - he never comes into the middle without the ball so his ghosting in left him with space to shoot across his body.

Hererra taught Adams and Muyl that they still have some growing up to do. He was a man among boys when they matched up against him. He really may be the most physically imposing midfielder in MLS - he rides tackles out and ends up with the ball. Would have been so fitting for him to have scored off the dish from Villa (after megging Adams).

I don't think there's a finer GK in MLS than Johnson. His vulnerability before coming here was with his feet, and he's dropping passes on a dime to the advanced FBs and wings. And with a competent defense he's able to save most shots. I kinda hope there's an Arena bias against him so he isn't taken away for camps/games.

Every other player deserves praise for their workman effort, winning 50/50s and swarming the ball. I hope PV allows the team to keep the direct play as an option because it makes the team very unpredictable and difficult to defend.

Last comment.... the red bulls are the dirtiest team I've ever seen play only surpassed by a couple of CONCACAF teams. It's like watching Robles, Stache, and 9 versions of Carlos Ruiz.

Last edited: