Jersey postmatch

He has, but not on the move and in tighter spaces. He's served some good ones from deeper when he had a lot of time. I seem to remember thinking that several of his good ones came from him checking it back to his right and then hitting it, too.

I think I could have played it over, but Lewis was offside. Not sure if that factored into Sweat's thinking or if he thought he could hit one. It was too weak to get past Robles even if he had struck it on frame.

What injury did Royner suffer? He is the only reason they've mounted a streaky run, and if they loose him, RB is gonna go back to being one-dimensional with BWP.

I'm not yet certain if he lacks the IQ, but that could be it.

I think he's one of the guys on our roster that would really benefit from spending a whole year at a USL squad. At this point, I'm not expecting any starter quality from him, but send him away for a year and bring him back as an impact sub.
I think what we're both sort of saying is that the game hasn't "slowed down" for him yet (we talking about Sweat???). I don't know if USL would help that or not. Wasn't he there for a year in between Crew and us?

If you meant, Khiry, I think he could stand a year of USL, for sure. He needs to play more, but can't and shouldn't for us given where he is as a player.

Now that I am sober and have watch the condensed game again:
  • Kinda of sad that we could create a highlight reel of missed PKs. Lewis one was definitely a penalty. Lalas said on the broadcast something along the lines of, "Just because he doesn't fall down doesn't make it not a penalty." Harrison one was more debatable.
  • We dominated the scoring chances. Need to covert more of them. Harrison, Lewis, Sweat, and Villa all blew great looks.
  • I thought Lewis had a good run out there. He's just not tactically there yet. Someone has to teach him how to dive.
  • Our midfield looks so much more dynamic with Ring, Maxi, and Herrera. Had to shout down some we want pirlo chants in my section.
  • Thought Brillant was by and far our best backline defender. Callens made some very stupid decisions with the ball. He (Fred) made 10 clearances. He could have reacted a little quicker to the second BWP goal, but that whole sequence started with Callens make a bad pass and getting out of position. Both Sweat and Ring dropped down to cover for him, which opened up the passing lane for BWP.
  • Stupid play of the game goes to Okoli dummying a pass with no one behind him. Youre a striker. If someone passes you the ball in the box you shoot it.
  • I was a little surprised that PV didn't make Shelton the wingback over Harrison after he took White out.

to cheat you mean? why?

What injury did Royner suffer? He is the only reason they've mounted a streaky run, and if they loose him, RB is gonna go back to being one-dimensional with BWP.
I have no idea, but when I was watching the broadcast after I got home, I felt a little bad for initially thinking he was embellishing.

That dude was screaming like a banshee. Fox needed to kill the mic over there. It was like listening to someone being tortured.

I think I read somewhere that it was a knee injury, and x-rays came back negative. They think it might just be a hyper-extension I believe.

Something that should keep him out for a bit, but not season ending is what I took from it

I think what we're both sort of saying is that the game hasn't "slowed down" for him yet (we talking about Sweat???). I don't know if USL would help that or not. Wasn't he there for a year in between Crew and us?

If you meant, Khiry, I think he could stand a year of USL, for sure. He needs to play more, but can't and shouldn't for us given where he is as a player.
I was talking about Khiry

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Audi Player Index, for those who care.

View attachment 7341
View attachment 7342
Sal Zizzo had a good performance. Shit, take the absolute value of that and he finishes 3rd.

And I'm not a massive fan of the Audi Player Index, definitely don't think its the end-all-be-all, but damn that shows how much more Villa impacts the game than BWP. Yes, he had one more goal, but the difference between them two is 1,333. Villa was nearly 4.5x BWP

because the damn MLS refs won't give a penalty (or "PK" as we like to call them) if you don't.

well then there is no penalty to give in the first place, so the ref has got it correct. if you dive, by the laws of the game, it isn't a penalty. or am i missing something?

its being stamped down on massively in England now, long way to go, but retrospective bans and a panel reviewing incidents after the match are starting this coming season. Diving (Cheating) has no place in football or any sport. don't encourage it man. leaves a real bitter taste in your mouth winning a game off a dive

T Tom in Fairfield CT

Does this look like the Audi Index scores of a team that was badly outplayed?

The answer is yes, but not for the team you're claiming.

View attachment 7343
Lol, the audi index.

I guess i saw it differently than others. After they scored their second goal, it felt deserved to me. They had all of the ball. Their CBs average positions are at midfield. We outplayed them in NJ, I thought they made the right adjustments and we didn't.

Because he'll never get a clear penalty otherwise. Remember when everyone was going crazy when Walker pushed Sterling. We might hate it because it's cheating but at times players need to know how to absorb the contact and fall.

completely disagree. its a contact sport. we were never taught that at school boy level. stay on your feet as long as possible. it would be embarrassing to go down off a small bit of contact. it essentially means you are weak

well then there is no penalty to give in the first place, so the ref has got it correct. if you dive, by the laws of the game, it isn't a penalty. or am i missing something?

its being stamped down on massively in England now, long way to go, but retrospective bans and a panel reviewing incidents after the match are starting this coming season. Diving (Cheating) has no place in football or any sport. don't encourage it man. leaves a real bitter taste in your mouth winning a game off a dive
There's a big difference IMO between diving, and going down to contact. Lewis almost went down in the box and gave a great effort to stay on his feet. I doubt that if he went down, that even NJ fans would have said that was a dive (they may have other opinions on it being a penalty however).

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Lol, the audi index.

I guess i saw it differently than others. After they scored their second goal, it felt deserved to me. They had all of the ball. Their CBs average positions are at midfield. We outplayed them in NJ, I thought they made the right adjustments and we didn't.

I do agree that NJ was playing better in that stretch from the end of the first half through early 2nd. But we turned it around.

In the end, we created the better chances, which is really what the game is about. If we varied our tactics a little to get that result, then I think it reflects well on Coach V.