JERSEY RELEASE???

Isn't anybody else turned off by the whole Manchester synergy they are trying to shove down our throats?

I've boycotted the New Jersey Energy Drinks for years, it will be just as easy to boycott this team too if they do not differentiate us enough. The team colors are borderline so far, but I still have a glimmer of hope for the jerseys.
That's been my issue all along. I'm willing to be a part of the family as long as they treat NYCFC like a serious product and make a true effort to be best-in-class for MLS.

Reactions: Narrowback gal
Isn't anybody else turned off by the whole Manchester synergy they are trying to shove down our throats?

I've boycotted the New Jersey Energy Drinks for years, it will be just as easy to boycott this team too if they do not differentiate us enough. The team colors are borderline so far, but I still have a glimmer of hope for the jerseys.
The only thing sillier than me deciding to buy season tickets for a team that had no players would be deciding to not support a team because the jerseys resemble Man City.

Would like to see Yankee pinstripes incorporated in the white away kit, as a nod to the owners and Yankee Stadium, but I'm cool with the base colors. Just as long as it's not a direct copy (or near copy) of MCFC's.

Reactions: ChiefBlue
Looks like NYCFC has called Villa back to the states for some "events". Anyone want to guess what one of those events is? Jersey time folks.

FWIW, I just did a google search and found an article in one of the Sydney newspapers.......supposedly Villa if flying back to New York for a simple family visit with the wife and kids.

As a side note, how the hell does anyone make that flight from Australia and not lose his mind? I flew back from San Francisco to NYC last July and I wanted to kill somebody......

FWIW, I just did a google search and found an article in one of the Sydney newspapers.......supposedly Villa if flying back to New York for a simple family visit with the wife and kids.

As a side note, how the hell does anyone make that flight from Australia and not lose his mind? I flew back from San Francisco to NYC last July and I wanted to kill somebody......

Yeah lol you gotta be able to sleep. I flew Florida to Vegas and hated myself and that was like 6 hours.

Reactions: leilanikali420

Yeah there are multiple stories indicating this plan was in place a long time, in order to help his family settle in NYC and to help the club with "events". It seems it is th jersey unveiling which should be pretty exciting.

I can't sleep on planes and I hate myself for it. Flew back home to Albany from Vegas after a bachelor party and still couldn't sleep. I was so tired I was practically hallucinating.

When you're getting paid millions it's probably not so bad. I have a horrible fear of flying, so no amount of money would get me to relax.

Yeah lol you gotta be able to sleep. I flew Florida to Vegas and hated myself and that was like 6 hours.

I totally feel you, I once had a 30 hour trip from Korea to NYC, due to a layover in SF...slept for 24 hours after and lost a piece of my soul and technically two days of my life.

With all the talk of Villa on his way back home I'm hoping we see the jersey in the next few weeks. Sounds about right with other rumors.

Reactions: Kjbert
November availability makes perfect sense. Definitely shipping in order to be in stores by Black Friday. This is a business, folks and there's 10,000+ potential customers for a $100 kit - with some opting for multiples (either for themselves or for the kids).

...it's times like these that I wonder what we were thinking: having three of the little buggers...

10,000 x $100 = (raised pinkie) one ... million ... dollars in revenue. Best sales opportunity outside of regular season is going to be Q4/Holiday - and I'm sure everyone would like to get those puppies shipped out and into the 2014 accounting ledgers.

I'm reminded of the world cup this summer in queens - specifically Astoria - it was observed that for every Mexico match that the majority of fans out watching the games appeared to be wearing their game day kit. Can anyone confirm that that's an accurate assessment? I heard that the Mexico kit is the worldwide bestseller (at least for national kits) -- if their fans have made a conscious effort to wear the game day, that's impressive.