JERSEY RELEASE???

November availability makes perfect sense. Definitely shipping in order to be in stores by Black Friday. This is a business, folks and there's 10,000+ potential customers for a $100 kit - with some opting for multiples (either for themselves or for the kids).

...it's times like these that I wonder what we were thinking: having three of the little buggers...

10,000 x $100 = (raised pinkie) one ... million ... dollars in revenue. Best sales opportunity outside of regular season is going to be Q4/Holiday - and I'm sure everyone would like to get those puppies shipped out and into the 2014 accounting ledgers.

I'm reminded of the world cup this summer in queens - specifically Astoria - it was observed that for every Mexico match that the majority of fans out watching the games appeared to be wearing their game day kit. Can anyone confirm that that's an accurate assessment? I heard that the Mexico kit is the worldwide bestseller (at least for national kits) -- if their fans have made a conscious effort to wear the game day, that's impressive.
sounds about right. I'm on the 7 everyday and it seemed like everyone getting on and off in Jackson Heights was wearing either a Mexican shirt or Colombian.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
This guy on the NYCFC subreddit claims that the home and aways jerseys will be released at different times. I seem to remember him saying in a different thread that his buddy works for NYCFC or something like that and has seen both. Take it for what it's worth. But like he said, he's just some guy on the internet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/NYCFC/comme...any_info_regarding_the_jersey_release/clgzspn
Those are pretty bold claims. There have been a few people with 'insider knowledge' that ended up having to pull their foot out of their mouth. I'm not interested how 'inside' you are, unless you are playing poker with Ferran Sorriano I would choose to not believe anything anyone says. Shit even Jason Kreis had little to no impact on the David Villa signing.

proxy.jpg

This guy on the NYCFC subreddit claims that the home and aways jerseys will be released at different times. I seem to remember him saying in a different thread that his buddy works for NYCFC or something like that and has seen both. Take it for what it's worth. But like he said, he's just some guy on the internet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/NYCFC/comme...any_info_regarding_the_jersey_release/clgzspn
That's what I expected all along. They would release one jersey in November and then the other in January during MLS' "kit week"

10,000 x $100 = (raised pinkie) one ... million ... dollars in revenue. Best sales opportunity outside of regular season is going to be Q4/Holiday - and I'm sure everyone would like to get those puppies shipped out and into the 2014 accounting ledgers.

Remember that MLS operates a merchandise revenue sharing system where they take in all the money and divide it up equally between all the teams. Also remember the kit manufacturer will take something like an 80% cut of the sales.

Remember that MLS operates a merchandise revenue sharing system where they take in all the money and divide it up equally between all the teams. Also remember the kit manufacturer will take something like an 80% cut of the sales.
Is there any particular reason for the merchandise revenue sharing system?

Reactions: Kjbert
The same reason as the salary cap.only about 10 teams can compete as far as $ the rest are subsidized. think the twins or blue jays would be around without revenue sharing

Yep. Revenue sharing exists to prevent one or a handful of teams from dominating.

Reactions: Kjbert
W
Ha i thought it was because of the Machiavellian grin on Kreis's face after the "Shit even Jason Kreis had little to no impact on the David Villa signing."
What does that even me? Why would Kreis think he has no impact on a player signing? Think he left a place of relative control to be just a puppet for MC?

W

What does that even me? Why would Kreis think he has no impact on a player signing? Think he left a place of relative control to be just a puppet for MC?
During an interview some time ago Jason Kreis was asked if he had met David Villa prior to the signing. He said he had very little contact with him beyond formal introductions. While I'm making an assumption, it leaves little room to think he had a major role in signing David Villa. This in no way makes him a puppet for MC, not sure where you got that from. However it does sound like something CFG would do to generate buzz around a team that had yet to sign a single player.

During an interview some time ago Jason Kreis was asked if he had met David Villa prior to the signing. He said he had very little contact with him beyond formal introductions. While I'm making an assumption, it leaves little room to think he had a major role in signing David Villa. This in no way makes him a puppet for MC, not sure where you got that from. However it does sound like something CFG would do to generate buzz around a team that had yet to sign a single player.

Just because a coach doesn't have contact with a player before he's signed, doesn't mean the coach wasn't involved in his acquisition. I would have a hard time believing that Kreis isn't involved in discussions about which players to sign.

Just because a coach doesn't have contact with a player before he's signed, doesn't mean the coach wasn't involved in his acquisition. I would have a hard time believing that Kreis isn't involved in discussions about which players to sign.
I can't really argue for or against it. I think he had more involvement than he may have led on because I feel the same way as you. I'm just going off what he said in an interview.

Reactions: Drainyoo

Soriano/Begiristain"Would you be interested in signing this guy we knew at Barca? David Villa...

Kreis"YES!"

Discussion over. Seriously who would have said no?

It makes sense that presumably the 2 former Barcelona executives would make initial contact then bring Kreis in from there. At most places it isn't the manager who starts negotiations anyway.

Great post. I'm sure that if Jason Kreis called Villa, they would say, "who?"

But when Soriank calls on behalf of the club, it's different.