Kreis Out? Per Shep, It's Being Discussed Internally.

Midas Mulligan

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 29, 2014
NYC
He says inside sources have indicated it's on the table. Shep sort of hinted it may be Kreis doing it. He also mentioned Sigi as the replacement.

To be honest, I'm not excited by Sigi, but he would likely do better with our squad. He's more pragmatic and not so damn stuck to one system. I suspect he would have no problem playing the attacking lineups we all postulate.

Also, fuck Kreis. What Shep says makes too much sense and fits too well with what we have witnessed for his report to be all bullshit. If Kreis already talking with Lagerway, as Shep says, then it really has been Kreis who bitched out.

Anyway, I hope we do get a new manager, and one who can handle big players and big media attention and fans who demand something other than a great flat white and massive tifos.

Last edited:
We may be the only two living humans who were watching the Red Bulls halftime coverage. As as aside, notwithstanding recent affiliations, I still can't help having a soft spot for Shep having been a big original Cosmos fan and, yes, an Arrows fan.

Last edited:
I don't trust anything said from New York Red Bulls media groups. Once a Metro reporting Pirlo is going to Brazil. They also reported that Tom Glick is leaving which is possibly untrue. And their front office says they play in New York. ALL LIES.

Only thing worse than a NYRB Shep Messing rumor is a NY Cosmos Shep Messing rumor.

And considering Shep's source are almost always wrong I'll call bullsheet on this one.

We may be the only two living humans who were watching the Red Bulls halftime coverage. As as aside, notwithstanding recent affiliations, I still can't help having a soft spot for Shep having been a big original Cosmos fan and, yes, an Arrows fan.
Old habits die hard. I still watch RBNJ matches, even if I DVR them while we play.

Anyway. That's my confession.

He says inside sources have indicated it's on the table. Shep sort of hinted it may be Kreis doing it. He also mentioned Sigi as the replacement.

To be honest, I'm not excited by Sigi, but he would likely do better with our squad. He's more pragmatic and not so damn stuck to one system. I suspect he would have no problem playing the attacking lineups we all postulate.

Also, fuck Kreis. What Shep says makes too much sense and fits too well with what we have witnessed for his report to be all bullshit. If Kreis already talking with Lagerway, as Shep says, then it really has been Kreis who bitched out.

Anyway, I hope we do get a new manager, and one who can handle big players and big media attention and fans who demand something other than a great flat white and massive tifos.
u have no clue bro.

Fuck everything about this rumor. Club needs stability going into next season, it's been nothing but turmoil for the last year. If they fire Kreis they're out of their minds.

If he wants out there's not much you can do. But I have a hard time believing that's the case.

Hoping it's just Shep Messing talking directly out of his ass. Wouldn't be the first time.

Seems less of a Sigi-to-NYCFC rumor and more of a Kreis-to-Seattle rumor. The only way that this makes sense is if Kreis is the one who wants out, and he already knows his buddy Lagerway will make room for him in Seattle.

What NYCFC management is probably discussing is whether to let him go. He clearly is not on the same page with the higher up, so one has to change or one has to go. And CFG isn't doing either. Sigi is the presumed replacement simply because they know he'll become available.

I don't know enough about Sigi to have a strong opinion on this rumor, but I'm fine with a change if it means getting someone in that is an actual long term fit to provide stability. Kreis and CFG are just not a good match.

I don't know enough about Sigi to have a strong opinion on this rumor, but I'm fine with a change if it means getting someone in that is an actual long term fit to provide stability.

2009984351.jpg

Not so sure we should consider this guy a long term fit. He is extremely out of shape, and if I remember correctly he recently missed a couple matches for health reasons.

Reactions: gbservis
at the start of the season NJRB fans were up in arms with Mike Petke being replaced by Jesse Marsch, not the Petke was bad, but Marsch has the redbulls on the verge of the supporters shield.

Sometimes taking a big chance can really pay off. Kreis position should absolutely be under review.

Reactions: Gavin23