Kreis Out? Per Shep, It's Being Discussed Internally.

If we are parting ways with Kries I can't see CFG going the MLS insider route again with Sigi. They tried that with Kries and didn't like the results, why wouldn't they install one of their european coaches this time around. I also can't think of a better scenario than Kries leaving for another MLS job. We can probably get some good players in a trade when he demands his new front office find a way to get Grabavoy and Wingert from us because he can't be without them.

I posted what I heard on tv. I also added my view of it. Pardon me, MLS master mind, if I don't fap at the thought of any year of pouty face, responsibility shirking, shit lineup playing management.
I think I know what the problem is with a lot of the fans on this site, and it is understandable, new team, new fans, some of you guys never followed MLS this closely, and the natural stupidity of fans emotions that think so extreme from one win to the next loss and vice versa, would have people like you think that firing one of the best coaches in MLS after one year on the job, is a viable option.

Fact is Jason Kreis is one of the best coaches in this league, one of the most respected coaches in this league and for good reason. Have you seen this team play when they have time together? Have you seen the instability in the roster ever since day 1, and yet he is fighting for a playoff spot (albeit 6th seed). And you think it would be a good idea to get rid of him for Sigi Schmid, a perennial underachiever of a coach? You think Kreis is a bad coach because of us not winning this year, I would have loved to hear your thoughts on Sigi when the Sounders were floundering without Dempsey and Martins this year. You would be saying where is the depth? Where is the system, why is Sigi playing this guy, why is Sigi subbing this guy etc. GTFO. Sigi has been almost fired a number times since his time in Seattle. Why? Because of under achieving every year, EVERY FUCKING YEAR! Yet you want that guy, why? Because you and the likes of you have no clue.

Sure he won an MLS cup but that was MLS 1.0. That shit doesn't count. The league is much different, much harder to win, and the teams are all around better. Btw I hope you all know Shep was talking out of his ass, as he usually does. You guys want to fire one of the best coaches that is just getting his feet under him with this organization, to bring someone who never really wins the big game, and to bring a new system, and to start all over. Again get a grip goodness.

I
Sheeps sources also told him the cosmos would be the most popular team in the area. Its a great night when they draw 3k. Sigi is too fat to fit on our tiny pitch. If Kreis leaves with his tails between his legs, he can take WINGERT and Grabavoy with him and fuck off with them.
If Kreis decides to leave on his own, that is one thing, and then I would lose some respect for him. The job he took over two years ago with NYCFC was a hard job and he knew it, and he even came out and said it earlier this year, it has been more difficult then he could have imagined. However, I think Kreis is a smart guy, that commands respect from folks all over the league, and I doubt he leaves on his own. I don't think it is in his nature. He will make this team a winner trust me on that. If he leaves on his own, I would lose some respect. That is the only way, I don't see CFG firing him. However if in year 3 this team is not winning, then CFG will start to look at other options.

Reactions: BxLio91
Porter is definitely out in Portland. I think Kreis is a better fit in Portland than Seattle. His type of team and club size.

Reactions: Paul
Porter is definitely out in Portland. I think Kreis is a better fit in Portland than Seattle. His type of team and club size.
We don't need Shep "Playgirl" Messing's sooper dooper sources to tell us Porter's on thin ice in rabidly supported Portland. But Sigi isn't going anywhere unless Seattle misses the playoffs. And Kreis is going nowhere either.

2009984351.jpg

Not so sure we should consider this guy a long term fit. He is extremely out of shape, and if I remember correctly he recently missed a couple matches for health reasons.

The Rex Ryan of the MLS ....

The old Rex Ryan of the MLS. Rex 2.0 is actually in relatively good shape. lol

But yea... this seems like fluff. It seems people are really hell bent on creating all sorts of rumors surrounding NYCFC.

Reactions: JayH
Id take Sigi Schmid over Kreis any day.

I'd take a bag of rocks over Kreis. I hope this is a legit rumor, and I'm not surprised that if Kreis is the one trying to back out. He's shown that he has no balls.

Reactions: Gavin23
I
However, I think Kreis is a smart guy, that commands respect from folks all over the league

A smart soccer mind doesn't bench a dominating young player all season, even after the player has shown he's one of the best on the team, for a sack of shit like Grabavoy. Kreis is clueless.

Last edited:
This is a huge issue with the MLS right now! With the league growing the one thing that hasn't kept up with the growth is media talent. You can count on 1 hand how many reliable media reporters are in the MLS. Most are people who get TV, Blogging or radio gigs and fancy themselves as reporters. They're not!! It's amazing how many times these baseless reports come about. Hopefully with the league growing and more coverage from ESPN, FOX etc. they will invest in quality reporting. TV personalities, reporters and anything to do with media is severely lacking in any type of skill. These are former players/coaches who don't know what it means to be an investigative reporter.

I am also getting fucking sick and tired of "anonymous sources" if you're not a respected journalist it's not a source you're a fucking joke. Name your source or don't say anything.

Last edited:
But yea... this seems like fluff. It seems people are really hell bent on creating all sorts of rumors surrounding NYCFC.

If they are this obsessed with us now imagine what it's going to be like when we start winning things. I can't wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: BxLio91
Seems less of a Sigi-to-NYCFC rumor and more of a Kreis-to-Seattle rumor. The only way that this makes sense is if Kreis is the one who wants out, and he already knows his buddy Lagerway will make room for him in Seattle.

What NYCFC management is probably discussing is whether to let him go. He clearly is not on the same page with the higher up, so one has to change or one has to go. And CFG isn't doing either. Sigi is the presumed replacement simply because they know he'll become available.

I don't know enough about Sigi to have a strong opinion on this rumor, but I'm fine with a change if it means getting someone in that is an actual long term fit to provide stability. Kreis and CFG are just not a good match.

I'll quote my own theory and expound. If Sigi is just an internal candidate (maybe the baseline candidate?) if they let Kreis walk or trade him to Seattle (give us all your allocation money), why not aim higher and target Bob Bradley, who is rumored to be on the move. We should be a prestigious enough project for him, no? He's also been around the block in MLS and Europe, which might serve as a great intermediary between NYCFC and CFG.

Reactions: Konrad
Amen to the media rant. And for fucks sake please fuck off with the Unimas and little league baseball / Yankees rain delay bullshit. I am sick and tired of watching a game on my ipad "illegally" while my desktop is streaming some radio station commentary that's 3 minutes behind. I've had an easier time watching EPL/Bundesliga games this year, and in my language to boot. MLS media across the board has been a joke.

lol at taking redbull/ cosmos guy seriously.

i dont think a merry go around of coaches is the answer. so many are hellbent on getting rid of kreis, like its a guarantee the next manager will put poku in the starting eleven every game. oh and people forget that its the first fucking year!!! wait till after 2016 season to make decision.

why not aim higher and target Bob Bradley, who is rumored to be on the move. We should be a prestigious enough project for him, no? He's also been around the block in MLS and Europe, which might serve as a great intermediary between NYCFC and CFG.

Bradley would be awesome. It would definitely add some weight to what a lot of us have called one of our biggest year one rivalries (Toronto).

I think I know what the problem is with a lot of the fans on this site, and it is understandable, new team, new fans, some of you guys never followed MLS this closely, and the natural stupidity of fans emotions that think so extreme from one win to the next loss and vice versa, would have people like you think that firing one of the best coaches in MLS after one year on the job, is a viable option.

Fact is Jason Kreis is one of the best coaches in this league, one of the most respected coaches in this league and for good reason. Have you seen this team play when they have time together? Have you seen the instability in the roster ever since day 1, and yet he is fighting for a playoff spot (albeit 6th seed). And you think it would be a good idea to get rid of him for Sigi Schmid, a perennial underachiever of a coach? You think Kreis is a bad coach because of us not winning this year, I would have loved to hear your thoughts on Sigi when the Sounders were floundering without Dempsey and Martins this year. You would be saying where is the depth? Where is the system, why is Sigi playing this guy, why is Sigi subbing this guy etc. GTFO. Sigi has been almost fired a number times since his time in Seattle. Why? Because of under achieving every year, EVERY FUCKING YEAR! Yet you want that guy, why? Because you and the likes of you have no clue.

Sure he won an MLS cup but that was MLS 1.0. That shit doesn't count. The league is much different, much harder to win, and the teams are all around better. Btw I hope you all know Shep was talking out of his ass, as he usually does. You guys want to fire one of the best coaches that is just getting his feet under him with this organization, to bring someone who never really wins the big game, and to bring a new system, and to start all over. Again get a grip goodness.
Best post ever. It needs to be repeated for those who missed it the 1st time.

Bradley would be awesome. It would definitely add some weight to what a lot of us have called one of our biggest year one rivalries (Toronto).
Bradley is more likely since Reyna has a relationship with him. In fact his old college coach is more likely than Sigi.

Reactions: Kjbert