Kwadwo Poku [Midfielder]

How much assurance does Kreis need. The guy leads the team with 7 assists with minimal playing time.

And Kreis he still talking about Poku's fitness...

"In the second half, Poku was again involved in a lot of really good stuff," Kreis said. "For me, it was important to see him play well again, it was important to see him last through 90 minutes."
Welcome to the club

I don't know how Rookie of the Year is determined, if Poku even qualifies, but this is his first season in MLS.

Kwadwo Poku: 18 GP, 5 GS, 4 G, 7 A, 734 Min
Cyle Larin: 19 GP, 16 GS, 11 G, 0 A, 1294 Min

"He isnt match fit or ready, and highly overrated, Kreis is doing a good job getting him the mintues he deserves and nothing more, everyone needs to stop looking for their flavor of the week and savior, enough of the poku party" - morons who have since gone missing...
Whoever it was who bought the Poku jersey before the season started…

Do you have thoughts on the Super Bowl? I'd like to place a bet.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Can the guy give a compliment without saying something negative after? Obviously a 23 year old has stuff to improve on but can't stand the negativity. I don't think Poku is the reason we gave up 2 goals yesterday.

“He’s an important player for us right now, making critical plays for us in the attacking third, so I’m really pleased with that,” NYCFC coach Jason Kreis said. “But I also know there’s still improvement to be made defensively.”

Can the guy give a compliment without saying something negative after? Obviously a 23 year old has stuff to improve on but can't stand the negativity. I don't think Poku is the reason we gave up 2 goals yesterday.

“He’s an important player for us right now, making critical plays for us in the attacking third, so I’m really pleased with that,” NYCFC coach Jason Kreis said. “But I also know there’s still improvement to be made defensively.”
Seriously, the guy has three goals and four assists in the past three games, but I wish he had also STOPPED more goals from going in.

Kreis is a total dick

Kreis's thoughts on LeBron James: "You know he's a great player who is critical for us." He continues, "Still though, he's not Jordan and he can improve his game to be better." HE'S THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA.

POKU IS THE BEST PLAYER IN MLS.

I have a good feeling that Eric Wynalda will be announced as the coach of the new MLS franchise , Atlanta United. He has prior connections with Poku and pretty much pushed him into professional soccer. Anyone think Wynalda will attempt to lure his Poku back home to Atlanta ?

I have a good feeling that Eric Wynalda will be announced as the coach of the new MLS franchise , Atlanta United. He has prior connections with Poku and pretty much pushed him into professional soccer. Anyone think Wynalda will attempt to lure his Poku back home to Atlanta ?

Well with the way Kreis has been putting Poku down at every oppourtunity it shouldnt be too diffcult.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Also Poku is up to a 68 rating up FIFA. Up 7 since he was added. Im sure by the end of the season and with Fifa 16 he will be in the low 70's which will put him around Mix's ranking which is incredible.

Also Poku is up to a 68 rating up FIFA. Up 7 since he was added. Im sure by the end of the season and with Fifa 16 he will be in the low 70's which will put him around Mix's ranking which is incredible.

He is still a 61 in mine unless I haven't gotten the most recent update. That would be very unlike FIFA to boost someone that many spots that quickly, but he deserves it. In 16, if he continues his form, he has to be 70>.

He is still a 61 in mine unless I haven't gotten the most recent update. That would be very unlike FIFA to boost someone that many spots that quickly, but he deserves it. In 16, if he continues his form, he has to be 70>.

I played yesterday and he was up to a 68. His speed has been boosted and his strength is finally where it should be

Speaking of the Wynalda connection, ESPNFC published an article today about our man Poku.

Kwadwo Poku has emerged as a star among NYCFC's stars http://espnfc.com/major-league-socc...poku-has-emerged-as-a-star-among-nycfcs-stars

I have serious doubts about Wynalda ever being tapped to coach in the MLS, much as I would love to see it.

He posted a few weeks ago that he has a HUGE announcement coming. I did my research and along with his recent followings on twitter being Atlanta United + a ton of coaching schools , I tweeted my findings to him. He replied with a pat on the back type of reply but not telling me I was correct. Only time will tell lol

Reactions: Keith Putnam