Kwadwo Poku [Midfielder]

Npf0S6H.jpg

Perhaps someone can confirm this for me but Poku has never played for Ghana right? Maybe, just maybe the USA should sneak him a cheeky cap if he qualifies (same way arsenals spainish midfielder arteta can for england). Get him tied down because he has some serious potential and players like that tend to be late bloomers, plus he's oh so fun to watch.

Perhaps someone can confirm this for me but Poku has never played for Ghana right? Maybe, just maybe the USA should sneak him a cheeky cap if he qualifies (same way arsenals spainish midfielder arteta can for england). Get him tied down because he has some serious potential and players like that tend to be late bloomers, plus he's oh so fun to watch.

We are working in it Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan has already tasked me with marrying him...for America.

Tell Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan to marry him himself. SCOTUS now says that's cool.

First, I would, but BxLio91 BxLio91 is correct, and as I said, I can't afford alimony.

Secondly, turns out he's actually already married. Crazy ass Wynalda had a quote about it in an article.

He could be legitimately close to USMNT eligible.

The ridiculous thing about national team eligibility is if we wanted to, we could declare him eligible now. It's just that we make it so damn hard on ourselves by requiring legal citizenship.

I think I saw somewhere that he's committed to playing for Ghana, but that doesn't mean we should stop recruiting, he has to be eligible for the USMNT soon

I would say marrying an American as a teenager and staying here to play USL (edited: make that NPSL) ball means he's at least open to it.

The use of poku is a classic case of a coach fitting the players to the system instead of the system to the players. It is clear he needs to be on the field, if he's too "tactically naive" to play the system you want, then you need to change the system to get him out there.

So... Anyone else notice in just about every single training session Poku is wearing one of those heart rate monitors. Monitors all kinds of vitals and stuff.
He's really the only player that ever has one on.
You think they're testing him day in and day out waiting for the day they feel he can physically last a full 90?
I don't see why else you make him wear that day in and day out. Unless he's choosing to wear it. Just found it odd.

So... Anyone else notice in just about every single training session Poku is wearing one of those heart rate monitors. Monitors all kinds of vitals and stuff.
He's really the only player that ever has one on.
You think they're testing him day in and day out waiting for the day they feel he can physically last a full 90?
I don't see why else you make him wear that day in and day out. Unless he's choosing to wear it. Just found it odd.
I have been saying for a while he and Mix will be the other part of the midfield with Pirlo and Lampard

Reactions: FootyLovin
The use of poku is a classic case of a coach fitting the players to the system instead of the system to the players. It is clear he needs to be on the field, if he's too "tactically naive" to play the system you want, then you need to change the system to get him out there.
Out of all the concerns I've seen related to Kreis I think they can all be grouped under the heading of inflexibility. He seems to make decision and have a very difficult time changing those decisions.