Kwadwo Poku [Midfielder]

Its a little irritating that Kreis is going to make a point to talk about Poku's deficiencies when 1. we suck, and 2. the guys he is trotting out there every game have equal deficiencies without poku's obvious upside.

If we are going to suck, at least get our future game time.

I haven't been able to see the last few games that NYC has played.

Has Poku played in them? For me in the friendlies he was the best midfielder on show. I would probably have him in a more attacking role.

Its a little irritating that Kreis is going to make a point to talk about Poku's deficiencies when 1. we suck, and 2. the guys he is trotting out there every game have equal deficiencies without poku's obvious upside.

This is what I was saying earlier in the season before Shelton/Poku were getting serious minutes. If we suck anyway, and there isn't a serious decline after our younger players take the field, might as well play them.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT

He is a liability on defense. But is he a bigger liability then anyone else already starting?

roomies!

jdaCNhp.jpg

I thought Poku looked great tonight, I'd rather see him in more of an attacking role, but he held his own out there, I can't wait to see him playing more in the future

Reactions: Paul and Gavin23
93% passing and assist is kinda rough? Tough crowd.

I love Poku. I get stoked every time I see 88 come up in yankee stadium. But pass rates are an extremely misleading stat.

If you are constantly trying to play dangerous diagonals and pushing the ball and have a high pass rate, you are probably a magician, but that wasn't Poku tonight.

When he comes in the last 20 minutes of the game, you know that he's on the pitch. He's fighting for loose balls, playing dangerous passes going forward, winning one v one dribbles, etc. I didn't see that tonight.

I am not saying he should never be a starter, but tonight he was pretty invisible. He looked sluggish and didn't bring his A game.

I am all for him continuing to develop and get minutes off the bench, but I don't think he proved he deserves starter minutes tonight...

... and it broke my heart a little bit...

Reactions: MagnusPax
I love Poku. I get stoked every time I see 88 come up in yankee stadium. But pass rates are an extremely misleading stat.

If you are constantly trying to play dangerous diagonals and pushing the ball and have a high pass rate, you are probably a magician, but that wasn't Poku tonight.

When he comes in the last 20 minutes of the game, you know that he's on the pitch. He's fighting for loose balls, playing dangerous passes going forward, winning one v one dribbles, etc. I didn't see that tonight.

I am not saying he should never be a starter, but tonight he was pretty invisible. He looked sluggish and didn't bring his A game.

I am all for him continuing to develop and get minutes off the bench, but I don't think he proved he deserves starter minutes tonight...

... and it broke my heart a little bit...
Did you notice we couldn't keep the ball after he left? Do you notice that he is always open in the center of the pitch for our out of ideas players? I really thought he was great. And kreis subbing him off for his BFF grabavoy almost lost us the game

I agree when he was taken out our ability to control play went out the window. He constantly stepped up from his CDM spot and dribbled the ball past midfield and distributed. That's exactly what you want from your CDM. If mix is there and shit even Pablo Alvarez today would of been a different story going forward. Instead he had Macnamara and Velasquez.
I will say he had a handful of lapses where he turned the ball over. But a great start from that role.
Can't expect the same as when he's been subbed as he was asked to play much more offensively.

I think he took Mix spot in the lineup.

As a player on the field he was a contributor. But as a proper CDM he doesn't have it yet. We should be happy that he started and didn't get red carded. Tonight belonged to T-Mac, Saunders and Mullins (that's another story).

I think he took Mix spot in the lineup.

As a player on the field he was a contributor. But as a proper CDM he doesn't have it yet. We should be happy that he started and didn't get red carded. Tonight belonged to T-Mac, Saunders and Mullins (that's another story).

He isnt a CDM. Hes an attacking midfielder or forward. Thats what he has played. Kreis played him out of position as usual. Everyone knows he isnt a defensive minded player. So even out of position he managed to get an assist. T-Mac would of had no goal without him. And if it wasnt for T-Macs goal everyone would of shat on his performance. Tonight definately belongs to Poku, Mullins, T Mac and Saunders.

Did you notice we couldn't keep the ball after he left? Do you notice that he is always open in the center of the pitch for our out of ideas players? I really thought he was great. And kreis subbing him off for his BFF grabavoy almost lost us the game

I gotta rewatched the game. After the UCL finals and Belmont (and many drinks that came with them) I was definitely a little "hazy" last night.

But what I thought I saw was classic Poku early on in the game and then he faded quite a bit and disappeared. I didn't remember him creating too many chances or linking up with the forwards very well.

Maybe on the rewatch I'll see things a little differently.