Lampard Out? Frank Doing Analysis for Euro 2016 on BBC.

Just seems far fetched, that's all. I may be wrong, but believe he will be here for the remainder of the year and will eventually play. How many games, don't know.
Why far fetched? Lamps may not be able to play but want to "earn" his money, and CFG obviously wants to have a winning team, so what's hard to believe about them convincing him to retire in exchange for a nebulous consultant role? If he really cannot play at a high level, it's a win-win for both parties to pay him off and get another DP in - money isn't an issue to CFG since they'd throw it around like Monopoly money if additional DPs were allowed.

We just don't know. If we want to believe the club, he'll be playing again. If he really must retire due to injury, then we can utilize the DP slot. I just don't believe they will come to a "retirement arrangement". Just my opinion.

I was at the office today on 3rd Ave, and asked about Lampard.. he's not playing, but he's scheduled to go to Portland with the team. They didn't saying anything about his future with the club...

Reactions: Kjbert
Oh yeah of little faith!!! Lampard will come back. He will be fantastic. As frustrating as it is for all of us at the moment, all the hate will vaporize when he slots his hat-trick goal in the derby. In fact I'm getting a number 8 shirt with "Lazarus" on the back.
You're just as snarky as you are transient, Hobo Hobo.

The player we saw in limited time last year is better than Mikey Lopez.

I CAN imagine that he's never going to be healthy enough to crack the 18 ever again. That's where we would agree.

I agree with all of this 1000%.

PURCHASE, N.Y. – For the first time this season, Frank Lampard trained with the full team Wednesday morning and the New York City FC midfielder’s long-awaited 2016 debut may not be far away.

The veteran Designated Player has spent the first two months of the season rehabbing from a nagging calf injury.

Most of that work has been on the side, individual work with a trainer. But Wednesday, Lampard was finally integrated into the first team, albeit for about 30 minutes before working on finishing on his own.

“Frank had the first part of the training with the team today,” NYCFC coach Patrick Vieira said. “Regarding how the calf will react tomorrow [will decide if] he’ll do the full session. He’s getting close.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/05/12/nycfcs-frank-lampard-trains-full-team-jack-harrison-further

De Blasio being booed and Frank getting booed are entirely different things. You guys said Frank would be booed last year too. Didn't happen.

Frank wants to play. He wants to win. He's not sitting around and just collecting a paycheck. He wants to perform here. He's just unable too - and it pisses me off for about 1,000 different reasons.

Ibra is leaving PSG with LA Galaxy a frontrunner for him according to reports.

If NYCFC dont tell Lampard see you later and grab ibra instead, then Reyna and the club arent doing their job.
I mean, I see your point, but if Ibra just wants to go to LA, there's nothing Reyna and co. can do about that. There's lots of criticism that can definitely go to Reyna and others, but if we didn't dump Lamps and sign Ibra, unless reports came out that Ibra would have come here, you cannot completely hold that against him.

I mean, I see your point, but if Ibra just wants to go to LA, there's nothing Reyna and co. can do about that. There's lots of criticism that can definitely go to Reyna and others, but if we didn't dump Lamps and sign Ibra, unless reports came out that Ibra would have come here, you cannot completely hold that against him.

Exactly. Ibra wants to go to LA because he has business there. And he wants to be in movies. He's not coming to NYC guys. Move on.

Lampard is officially the worst DP of all time. Even worse than Rafa Marquez. Even worse than Beckham at the beginning when there were questions of his dedication to the league.

Frank has taken us for a ride.

I wonder if it's only a coincidence that Frank returned to full training the day after the transfer window closed. Can't help but feel that the calf injury was a cover for our uncertainty whether we even wanted him here. After spending the first two months of the season exploring options, nothing obviously better came along (that is worth it on top of a $6 million buyout of Lampard), so we immediately start integrating him with the club again.

I rate my theory as: Plausible.

I wonder if it's only a coincidence that Frank returned to full training the day after the transfer window closed. Can't help but feel that the calf injury was a cover for our uncertainty whether we even wanted him here. After spending the first two months of the season exploring options, nothing obviously better came along (that is worth it on top of a $6 million buyout of Lampard), so we immediately start integrating him with the club again.

I rate my theory as: Plausible.

Interesting theory

i got a theory too, if this muppet plays every game the rest of the season (unlikely) we will have paid him 6mm a year for 2 years but only got 1 year of production out of him. So essentially we paid him 12mm for a year. Zlatan would take that kind of pay, so lets get him NOW!

I am now firmly in the #LampardOut camp.

that being said - the original move wasn't a bad one. He was still a good player at that level and would have contributed here had he come over immediately. If we had to do it all over again. we don't do the move. But I still think that if he came as he originally was supposed to, we would all love him.

I am now firmly in the #LampardOut camp.

that being said - the original move wasn't a bad one. He was still a good player at that level and would have contributed here had he come over immediately. If we had to do it all over again. we don't do the move. But I still think that if he came as he originally was supposed to, we would all love him.
absolutely would have loved him. But he embarrassed the club before we even formed, and he is continual embarrassment so he'd dead to me.

absolutely would have loved him. But he embarrassed the club before we even formed, and he is continual embarrassment so he'd dead to me.

I always wonder what the CFG powers at be were thinking when they kept him.