Lampard's Drive to 18 Goals

Ulrich

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Nov 5, 2015
UPDATE: Lampard WINS vs DC with an Epi(c) delivery for his 11th goal in 13 starts - the same night celebrating his 300 302 goals. This Thread continues through the end of the 2016 campaign - playoffs and all. We're shooting for 15 18 and hoping for 20!!!

Prior to the season, I made a tongue-in-cheek prophecy that Lampard would contribute 10+ goals this year. And I really did think over the course of an entire season (34 games) he'd prove me right. Of course that was before preseason, his injury, his extended layoff & rehab, my souring to him, and his return.... and after missing so many matches, I didn't think it was still possible..... yet his unbelievable scoring form returned - much to Tom in Fairfield CT 's chagrin.... So I feel it's only fair to Lampard to monitor his progress as he validates my early faith in him.

GOALS
1. Philly - WIN 3-2 1st Start (after 3 short sub appearances)
2. Seattle - WIN 2-0 2nd Start
3. New England - WIN 1-0 4th Start
4. Kansas City - LOSS 1-3 5th Start
5. Montreal - WIN 3-1 6th Start
6-8. Colorado - WIN 5-1 8th Start
9. Columbus - TIE 3-3 10th Start
10-11. DC - WIN 3-2 13th Start

ASSISTS
1. RBNJ - WIN 2-0 3rd Start

TOTALS
11 Goals / 1 Assist 13 Starts / 3 Subs 16 games total

With 6 games left, Lampard is 110% there and may be the most impact MLS signing ever - seriously EVER....

He has now scored with his nipple, his knee, his shin, and a bunch with his feet... And he's the proud owner of the 1st ever NYCFC Hat Trick... And he nearly singlehandedly won a must win game versus DC while the team was on life support to vault us back to #1 in the East....

Last edited:
Updated per the Montreal match. He is on a 6-game pts streak.

Updated per the Montreal match. He is on a 6-game pts streak.

I was the one who really goaded you about that pre-season. But I'm also the ultimate jinx. So, not sure I should say anything and jinx again, but glad I said what I did pre-season. Maybe it set the stars in order for Frank to score all these goals and prove me wrong.

I was the one who really goaded you about that pre-season. But I'm also the ultimate jinx. So, not sure I should say anything and jinx again, but glad I said what I did pre-season. Maybe it set the stars in order for Frank to score all these goals and prove me wrong.
If he doesn't score again I'm blaming you for that last post... Maybe you should go harass him again to relight the fire - we're riding his goals, whether lasers or garbage, and we can't afford for him to be rejinxed by you!

If he doesn't score again I'm blaming you for that last post... Maybe you should go harass him again to relight the fire - we're riding his goals, whether lasers or garbage, and we can't afford for him to be rejinxed by you!
Really WTF are you thinking Adam?

Better odds at this point , Lamps for 10 or Villa for 20? I realistically think they both can do it and Jack has a shot at nearing 10 as well...

I predicted Mix would have 10 goals/10 assists this season. I think Villa can go 20+ and Lampard can hit 10 by the end of the season.

I'm more interested in who finishes our top assist leader, McNamara or Pirlo. And if Pirlo can score three goals this season.

If anybody is wondering, Lampard has 6 total shots on goal this season, with 5 goals. The singular shot that didn't score was the ridiculous scissor volley of the rebound off the crossbar from Villa's half-field shot. Lampard's shot was narrowly saved by keeper.

I'm not sure anybody in MLS has (had) a strike rate comparable to this.... Like ever....

Reactions: 21Architect
I have just liked and unliked this post 13 times, so I have undone the jinx. The streak will continue through body parts unknown.

My biggest question is where will he score from next? His thigh, maybe his rear, or gasp is it possible he scores a conventional type goal with his head?

My biggest question is where will he score from next? His thigh, maybe his rear, or gasp is it possible he scores a conventional type goal with his head?
Don't care as long as they keep finding the back of the net. He's our GarbageMan - just like NYC's Sanitation Dept, his motto should be New York's Strongest.

Reactions: Vallos
Updated per the Redbull Flaying... It's obvious where Little Finger's loyalty lies.

12 games to go, 5 goals still needed

Reactions: JCMore