Man City Discussion

With the start that City is having, if they win the Premier League will Pellegrini still be sacked in favor of Pep? What if City goes deep into the Champions League?
I hate when teams fire winning coaches. With Mancini we won the league and the next year got to the FA Cup finals and he got fired. Under Pellegrini we won the league two years ago, came in second last year, and won our first two games this year. So yes, let's fire him.

I hate when teams fire winning coaches. With Mancini we won the league and the next year got to the FA Cup finals and he got fired. Under Pellegrini we won the league two years ago, came in second last year, and won our first two games this year. So yes, let's fire him.

Mancini was different though. I loved him as a manager but even I agreed with his dismissal. He fell out with everyone at the club, from players to board members to everyday Joes he encountered as he walked around the stadium, and his position became untenable. You can't keep a manager who is not on speaking terms with the people he manages or the people who manage him.

I'm satisfied with the CL draw. Would have liked to have drawn a genuine minnow such as Maccabi or the Khazikstan team but Juve don't scare me like Baraca, Real,Bayern. Sevilla to me are pretty in line with Spurs/Everton not bad but a step down from City and BMG as well looked very soft against Dortmund a couple weeks ago.

I'm satisfied with the CL draw. Would have liked to have drawn a genuine minnow such as Maccabi or the Khazikstan team but Juve don't scare me like Baraca, Real,Bayern. Sevilla to me are pretty in line with Spurs/Everton not bad but a step down from City and BMG as well looked very soft against Dortmund a couple weeks ago.

Got to disagree. While it's nice not to get Bayern or Barca, I think we've essentially been drawn against three banana skin opponents, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a bad result against Juve being followed by negative headlines and uncertainty, and qualification only being decided in the last game. It's all about how well we get out of the blocks in our first two games. If we can start in Europe like we've started in the PL then we should be fine...but we never start well in Europe.

I might be nuts because listening on radio and lots of the British pundits seem to be thinking more like Falastur. I just feel their overrating the other teams a bit.

Juve are not as good on paper this year as last IMO.

Sevilla I spent some time in Sevilla a few years ago and saw them play both in La Liga and Euopa and I just wasn't impressed either by the team or the supporters. Granted this was a few years ago actually Pellegrini was in charge of Malaga when I saw a dire nil-nil between them. I just really think their the weakest of the 5 Spanish sides in CL. We can't take them lightly but like a spurs or Everton if City play their game I think they win.

Also seen BMG in Europa league live at Marseille. Very much view them as a europa side Dortmund dismantled them a couple weeks ago and I think Sterling, Aguero, navas (or Debruyne ) can pick them apart with speed just like Dortmund did.

Sevilla are a very nice football-playing outfit at the moment - they're the Southampton of Spain, in many ways. Don't think your experience holds up to the present article.

Sevilla are a very nice football-playing outfit at the moment - they're the Southampton of Spain, in many ways. Don't think your experience holds up to the present article.

And I respect what Southampton were last year but I'd still expect City to beat them. not saying it's easy but could have been far worse I think winning the group is realistic and not progressing would be very disappointing.

2-0 vs Watford. RAHEEM STERLING with his first City goal. 4 games. 12 points. 0 goals conceded. TOP OF THE TABLE.

Reactions: Mikeylito
Good game. First half was a bit nervous - Watford set themselves up well and looked like they had City out of ideas, but we got there in the end.

IheaNACHO! What a finish! 5-0-0.
Completely agree. Was getting to be a nail biter near the end of the second half and was wondering if they could somehow pull it off when the new kid saved the day in the 90th. Loved it!

I turn my head for one minute and West Ham is up 1-0 after 6'. Then Aguero misses a great opportunity with the keeper off his line. Kompany and Silva out today.

I leave to get cereal and West Ham is up 2-0? The fuck is happening?

Last edited:
Aguero seems to be cursed, and I lost count of how many attempts Touré pounded into something between himself and the goal. Can't say they weren't trying.
What was it, something like 307 shots on goal in the second half? We certainly had our chances.

My alarm didn't go off so I woke up at halftime. God these 7:45 AM start times are brutal for those in the U.S. If you're a fan in LA do you even go to sleep?

Man City first goal: Offside
Tot'num first goal: Completely Offside
Tot'num second goal: What the fuck backup goalkeeper?
Tot'num third goal: Offside
Tot'num fourth goal: What the fuck backup goalkeeper?