Man City Discussion

Has anyone thought about what Man City and the rest of CFG is going to look like when the world isn't using oil as an energy source and therefore, what will fund Sheik Mansour's footballing fun?

Did I just hear "Drop It Like It's Hot" by Snoop Dog at the Etihad after the halftime whistle sounded?

Has anyone thought about what Man City and the rest of CFG is going to look like when the world isn't using oil as an energy source and therefore, what will fund Sheik Mansour's footballing fun?
Sell off the China Team for the necessary petty cash....

With regards to his agent, from Yaya with love...
Yaya nets a brace as City defeat Palace 2-1.

I just hope something like this shows that Vieira shouldn't be to simple minded with Mix.

#FreeMixDiskerud #FreeMix #PlayYourBest11

Last edited:
With regards to his agent, from Yaya with love...
Yaya nets a brace as City defeat Palace 2-1.

I just hope something like this shows that Vieira shouldn't be to simple minded with Mix.
You play your best 11 and Yaya showed that he belongs in it or at least as a sub.
Great game, love watching city play. Constant attacking and precise passing. They carve teams apart. Just need to convert on more of their chances.

Player for player City are on paper better but on current form hard to have too much confidence in this. How does it work with January reinforcements ? Can they drop and add someone or are the CL squads already set?

Player for player City are on paper better but on current form hard to have too much confidence in this. How does it work with January reinforcements ? Can they drop and add someone or are the CL squads already set?

You get to resubmit a new squad after the group stage. That said, Txiki is saying that City have no plans to sign anyone apart from Gabriel Jesus - and Pep clearly has no interest in strengthening the defence at all, which is highly alarming.

You get to resubmit a new squad after the group stage. That said, Txiki is saying that City have no plans to sign anyone apart from Gabriel Jesus - and Pep clearly has no interest in strengthening the defence at all, which is highly alarming.
Being a Bayern fan, welcome to Pep football. Incredibly intelligent coach but stubborn as hell too. He believes he can solve all problems through switching around his formation / squad / tactics, which can work. But it also leads to destruction on occasion as well. Haven't seen a lot of MCFC this season under Pep, so I can't give a deep detailed response, but it seems to me that Pep is still figuring out EPL defensive structure, and will be for a while longer.

Being a Bayern fan, welcome to Pep football. Incredibly intelligent coach but stubborn as hell too. He believes he can solve all problems through switching around his formation / squad / tactics, which can work. But it also leads to destruction on occasion as well. Haven't seen a lot of MCFC this season under Pep, so I can't give a deep detailed response, but it seems to me that Pep is still figuring out EPL defensive structure, and will be for a while longer.

I guess Vieira is the opposite as he's stubborn in sticking to his formation, squad, and tactics. We were mostly in a 4-3-3 during the season. Saunders started most of our games in goals despite all the gafs. Mix was kept off the 18, whatever off field issue it was, he could have helped in whatever way it was. And yeah, we always played out of the back even when it was 7-0

I guess Vieira is the opposite as he's stubborn in sticking to his formation, squad, and tactics. We were mostly in a 4-3-3 during the season. Saunders started most of our games in goals despite all the gafs. Mix was kept off the 18, whatever off field issue it was, he could have helped in whatever way it was. And yeah, we always played out of the back even when it was 7-0
Yes, the stubbornness shown by both Vieira and Pep is crazy, but Pep will ultimately budge (caveat is that Vieira did finally budge with Saunders). Kind of Amazing that Yaya was brought back into the 11 after a public spat with the team, and yet Mix hasn't. At some point the story is going to have to come out, most likely after Mix isn't on the team any longer. I'll buy adam & mgarbowski 's idea that Mix likely nixed a trade, but that's not the first time a player in the world has done so, and nobody was called out in public like the Yaya saga, so why the permanent time-out corner? Hell, even Bastian isn't in total banishment any longer....

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I'm not so sure. Does he bump Nacho in the pecking order? Does Pep play him on a wing? If so does he bump Sane? Honestly you just never know with Pep. We could see him starting at rightback for all we know. How many more games is Aguero out? That should help his cause.

I'm not so sure. Does he bump Nacho in the pecking order? Does Pep play him on a wing? If so does he bump Sane? Honestly you just never know with Pep. We could see him starting at rightback for all we know. How many more games is Aguero out? That should help his cause.

Well Aguero is back before Jesus comes in, so that's one question scratched out.

Gotta be honest, I do think Jesus will immediately take precedence over Iheanacho in the squad, despite that I'm a big fan of his and want to see him get as many minutes as possible. Pep just doesn't really seem to see much of a use for him.