Man City Discussion

It's not really Bournemouth's fault their steward shot his mouth off. They did do the right thing by pressuring him into retracting his claim, though. If one club - or their stewards - start throwing law suits around at other clubs or their players, it risks opening up a big ol' can of worms. There's a reason that players agree to let all disputes be settled by footballing authorities.

Well, the steward should be relegated then.

How do you guys feel about the rumor that Sterling could be part of any deal for Alexi Sanchez?

I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Makes City much better, and I suspect it makes no real difference to where Arsenal ends up.

How do you guys feel about the rumor that Sterling could be part of any deal for Alexi Sanchez?

I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Makes City much better, and I suspect it makes no real difference to where Arsenal ends up.

It's already been shot down. Yet another twitter rumour which all the press picked up.

Well of course my preference would be to bring in Sanchez and lose no one however I could probably live with Sterling for Sanchez because he is an upgrade. I'd be furious if we flogged Augero to Arsenal as part of the deal though. As the above post though it's probably a non starter either way. City's attack would be RIDICULOUS if they added Sanchez without losing anyone though you would only be able to get so many of them on the field at once. It's a long way from when I first started following and City had Goater and Dickov up front.

It's already been shot down. Yet another twitter rumour which all the press picked up.
Just a question. Would you?

@Davo has the right time, I think.

As a non-mc fan, there are only two guys I'd really covet for my particular PL club. Aguero and Sane. To me,they are the best attackers there. Gabi up there too, but not sure he makes as much sense in my weird hypothetical.

Sterling is good, but consider that Mane was 20 less, and it was a good deal for everyone. No way I'd unwind that swap.

Just a question. Would you?

@Davo has the right time, I think.

As a non-mc fan, there are only two guys I'd really covet for my particular PL club. Aguero and Sane. To me,they are the best attackers there. Gabi up there too, but not sure he makes as much sense in my weird hypothetical.

Sterling is good, but consider that Mane was 20 less, and it was a good deal for everyone. No way I'd unwind that swap.

Honestly, no. Partly because of what I think of his actual performance level, but also partly of what I continue to believe his performance level can rise to. I tend to be one of those who continues to hold out for players coming good (unless that player's name is Claudio Bravo) and I've seen plenty enough to make me believe that if MCFC keep hold of Sterling for another 3 or 4 years then he will ultimately be considered a wise investment and worth the fee.

That said, while I'm excited for Sanchez' quality in general, I also am slightly apprehensive of the transfer in general as I feel that City's attack is stocked enough right now. Aguero has for several years now been my favourite player at the club, for attitude off the pitch as much as performances on it, and I don't want to face up to any situation which sees him get squeezed out. I'd like to see him continue to score 30 goals a season and end up challenging some of the PL's biggest names on the all-time top-scorer list. If Sanchez coming in means Aguero ends up going out then it's going to take me a considerable while to get over it and put the bad blood behind me.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Honestly, no. Partly because of what I think of his actual performance level, but also partly of what I continue to believe his performance level can rise to. I tend to be one of those who continues to hold out for players coming good (unless that player's name is Claudio Bravo) and I've seen plenty enough to make me believe that if MCFC keep hold of Sterling for another 3 or 4 years then he will ultimately be considered a wise investment and worth the fee.

That said, while I'm excited for Sanchez' quality in general, I also am slightly apprehensive of the transfer in general as I feel that City's attack is stocked enough right now. Aguero has for several years now been my favourite player at the club, for attitude off the pitch as much as performances on it, and I don't want to face up to any situation which sees him get squeezed out. I'd like to see him continue to score 30 goals a season and end up challenging some of the PL's biggest names on the all-time top-scorer list. If Sanchez coming in means Aguero ends up going out then it's going to take me a considerable while to get over it and put the bad blood behind me.
I love Aguero. Definitely would feel the same on that front.

Reactions: adam
This is an awesome troll job on CFG'S part. He HAS to play a year or two for us. Just to screw with Vermes and SKC.

I actually suggested this on his BS thread several months ago during the u20 WCF. Hope it comes exactly to that.

Could we see him move to a CDM role?
If I was him, I'd want to learn how to play CB in a system that builds from the back - that skill alone makes a player invaluable to many of the top clubs and the National Team.

Man City up 3-0 over Watford at 37 minutes. Could have a +27 goal differential by the time this match is over.

Playing some beautiful football too. Debruyne is a joy to watch.
Yup. That match was basically a clinic on how it's done. And Watford wasn't even playing badly, they were just outmatched. After only 5 matches City is +15+14 goal differential.

ETA: apparently can no longer add up numbers.