Man City Discussion

When I took the survey the type of shield was an option. Personally I still think we should wear the Manchester coat of arms when we reach any final. I think NYCFC should do the same when we in the very near future (No pressure PV) do the same.
They should wear the Manchester coat of arms? o_O
image.jpeg

Reactions: leilanikali420
When I took the survey the type of shield was an option. Personally I still think we should wear the Manchester coat of arms when we reach any final. I think NYCFC should do the same when we in the very near future (No pressure PV) do the same.
The New York City coat of arms:

Arms_of_New_York_City.svg

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
They should wear the Manchester coat of arms? o_O
View attachment 3736

FYI. It use to be when Manchester City played in a major cup final, the usual badge has not been used; instead shirts bearing a badge of the arms of the City of Manchester. This has been stopped in recent times on the shirt. However it was on the track tops for the FA Cup Final. My opinion is this should be reinstated.

Let's get to a U.S. Open Cup, MLS Cup, or CONCACAF Champions League final before we make any decisions on the crest to wear. 1) More more for the club and adidas on merchandising. 2) A lot of SJW would probably cry boo at using the seal because it's a bit dated.

FYI. It use to be when Manchester City played in a major cup final, the usual badge has not been used; instead shirts bearing a badge of the arms of the City of Manchester. This has been stopped in recent times on the shirt. However it was on the track tops for the FA Cup Final. My opinion is this should be reinstated.

The stories that I remember circulating in 2011 are that MCFC applied to use the coat of arms but Manchester City Council refused to give permission, stating something that I don't exactly remember but it was along the lines of that they didn't want to be seen to be taking sides, or that they wanted nothing to do with football in general. Either way, the use of the coat of arms in the numbers was supposedly a compromise and the most that the Council were willing to allow.

The stories that I remember circulating in 2011 are that MCFC applied to use the coat of arms but Manchester City Council refused to give permission, stating something that I don't exactly remember but it was along the lines of that they didn't want to be seen to be taking sides, or that they wanted nothing to do with football in general. Either way, the use of the coat of arms in the numbers was supposedly a compromise and the most that the Council were willing to allow.

It's not like City Hall has a choice to make between sides. And if they think they do then they don't deserve to hold office in this city.

Nice of them after all the regeneration instigated by the club in East Manchester.

The walkout tops v stoke had the full coat of arms on and in the Wigan final the coat of arms was sown on the walkout top sleeve

Nice of them after all the regeneration instigated by the club in East Manchester.

In May 2011 we hadn't done any regeneration. We hadn't even talked about wanting to build anything. The Council owed us nothing at that point.

The walkout tops v stoke had the full coat of arms on and in the Wigan final the coat of arms was sown on the walkout top sleeve

I'm going off what was reported at the time. The Council didn't publicly announce that they'd done X or Y. I just remember that in amongst the hubbub on Bluemoon arguing it over, a few voices were saying that they'd been told that the Council refused permission for us to play in the city coat of arms. It could well be that it's nonsense, but it seemed well-founded at the time.

According to wikipedia it's a measuring device of some sort. I'm guessing for surveying, but could be for astronomy or navigation as well.

Just looked it up. A cross staff used in navigation, astronomy and surveying

We should update it and swap out those gophers for duo of rats and that eagle for a pigeon.
Gophers?!?! Those are beavers! Industrious, hard working, and, uh, furry. And early New York's trading post economy was based on the fur trade, mostly of beaver pelts. Beavers are what made New York great, and so they're immortalized in our crest.

Heck, now I want a beaver mascot.

Gophers?!?! Those are beavers! Industrious, hard working, and, uh, furry. And early New York's trading post economy was based on the fur trade, mostly of beaver pelts. Beavers are what made New York great, and so they're immortalized in our crest.

Heck, now I want a beaver mascot.

Beavers sound awesome but unfortunately we killed all of those hardworking industrious lovable fur balls - so now our true to life, NYC wildlife crest is limited to rats, squirrels, and Central Park raccoons.

Reactions: Christopher Jee