Mcfc Confirms Lampard Staying In Manchester For The Season

Lampard obviously wanted to stay. Many NYCFC fans will be disappointed but ultimately it's Lampard's decision. In 5 years time when NYCFC is dominating the MLS nobody will remember this.
No offense, but it's almost like you Manc fans just don't get it. Or maybe it's me that doesn't get it. Nycfc is like the detractors said. Nothing more than a feeder team. Well, fool me twice as the saying goes.

Well folks, I'm first and foremost a Manchester City fan but I can appreciate how this must feel to you guys and I think it feels all wrong. The only positive spin that I can put on this is that it will not have been done without due regard for the interests of NYCFC. Ergo, there's been a trade and that trade will pay handsomely because Frank Lampard is your player and it would not have happened without your management being persuaded that it would pan out well for your clubs success.
I hope you can all bear the bigger picture in mind like your management team will have and I hope you can appreciate that City fans like me are with you every emotional step of the way because we're family, we're the kind of family where we look after each other and you've done us a massive favour that we'll repay ten fold and with a smile.
I hope you all have a wonderful New a Year with good health, good love and good fortune.
I'm sorry, but you're not helping. Best wishes to your club that requires a Chelsea retiree to compete with them.

They didn't just wake up this morning and realize there was a problem and hashed it all out.

They waited as long as possible...
I think it more likely that the timing is due to the fact that the loan had to be extended today as an extension of the prior loan as a break would necessitate a new agreement which couldn't come into play until the English FA return to their offices on the 3rd of January meaning that he'd miss the PL game tomorrow.
Apart from that, is there ever a good time for shit news? I know it must feel awful to you and my heart goes out to you but I honestly believe that your management team are strong enough and focussed enough to have got a deal out of this that will be to your net benefit as a club - they are not the kind of guys to be pushed around - they are winners with ethics and clear vision who will have protected the interests of NYCFC in making this agreement. It'll feel bad but it'll do you good I'm sure.
I appreciate that this will only have happened with the good grace of your management team and I thank them and you for this kindness.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm sorry, but you're not helping. Best wishes to your club that requires a Chelsea retiree to compete with them.
I wasn't aiming to help Doc, I was giving my honest opinion as other forum users do. I don't need you to agree with my view either, I'd feel bad about this issue if I were in your shoes - so I can see it from a number of angles.
With respect.

I know it must feel awful to you and my heart goes out to you but I honestly believe that your management team are strong enough and focussed enough to have got a deal out of this that will be to your net benefit as a club - they are not the kind of guys to be pushed around - they are winners with ethics and clear vision who will have protected the interests of NYCFC in making this agreement
There are zero positives that can come out of this. None.

I was so ready to love this club, but it's not even a real team at this point.

Lampard obviously wanted to stay. Many NYCFC fans will be disappointed but ultimately it's Lampard's decision. In 5 years time when NYCFC is dominating the MLS nobody will remember this.

Look -- all of us have at some point made a commitment that we came to regret when other, preferable, options later came available. I understand why he WANTS to stay. But keeping one's commitments are the measure of a man, and Frank has come up short here. Time to find a new avatar.

Nycfc is like the detractors said. Nothing more than a feeder team.
I'd like to give you an argument with that, but I got nothing. As I said in an earlier post, a year and a half worth of hard work to get in a positive light and foster goodwill throughout the city of New York just went down the toilet.

The detractors are having a field day and deservedly so. Fuck Manchester City.

If it is because Frank wants to stay at MCFC (and I suspect that is true) its still an irrelevant reason for him to stay at Manchester.

The only reason he is there is because he agreed to go to NYCFC. If there was no NYCFC then Frank almost certainly would not be at Manchester.

So poor Frank holds no water to me.