Melbourne Heart/city

What happened here doesn't represent the rest of us.

I know this, I also know people are getting too far wound up with a holding company created to house clubs to keep finances away from prying eyes. If they wish to fixate upon an office of a handful of people then be my guest.

I also know that I wind the odd person up here; this is not my goal, nor my wish. I speak what I know to be the truth and what I have learned over the years. I am here to follow NYCFC and NYCFC only (sounds silly to say but I feel it needs to be clarified for some reason), and you can take what I say or not, I don't care. What I do expect though is a reasoned debate - I cannot learn anything here from abuse, but I can learn from those closer to the action so to speak.

NYCFC will be massive and immense, and I look forward to this. Who knows what will happen in the future but I sure as hell am going to enjoy the ride we are on.

Reactions: Andy and BxLio91
To make things even more confusing.. Trying to explain that it´s a new platform for how football will operate globally at a guess.
We just stole a march on a fairly conservative branch, compare it with how say Airlines have been operating in alliances for decades in code sharing agreements.

The more clubs that CFG adds the more I think Manchester just becomes another branch on the tree, another cog in the machine. Are they on top right now? Without a doubt and they'll remain on top for many years to come but I don't believe that the ownership sees Manchester remaining on top as any kind of priority. Its just the nature of things right now.

I think how high up NYCFC rises only depends on how interested the rest of America becomes in Soccer. Without a doubt, NY is still the premier city of all the cities in the family. And given the structure of our league ensures that there will never be more than one other team sharing the city with us, its hard to imagine a bigger club ever joining the CFG ranks.

The more clubs that CFG adds the more I think Manchester just becomes another branch on the tree, another cog in the machine. Are they on top right now? Without a doubt and they'll remain on top for many years to come but I don't believe that the ownership sees Manchester remaining on top as any kind of priority. Its just the nature of things right now.

I think how high up NYCFC rises only depends on how interested the rest of America becomes in Soccer. Without a doubt, NY is still the premier city of all the cities in the family. And given the structure of our league ensures that there will never be more than one other team sharing the city with us, its hard to imagine a bigger club ever joining the CFG ranks.

The trouble with that post is that the MLS has to become bigger than the PL, and additionally the MLS needs to be a part of something that is on a par with the CL. That, whilst not impossible (because of course, anything is possible), would take decades and decades, and by that time it's likely the PL will have broken apart and there will be some kind of European Super League, which will be even bigger than the CL.

Nice optimism though.

I know this, I also know people are getting too far wound up with a holding company created to house clubs to keep finances away from prying eyes. If they wish to fixate upon an office of a handful of people then be my guest.

I also know that I wind the odd person up here; this is not my goal, nor my wish. I speak what I know to be the truth and what I have learned over the years. I am here to follow NYCFC and NYCFC only (sounds silly to say but I feel it needs to be clarified for some reason), and you can take what I say or not, I don't care. What I do expect though is a reasoned debate - I cannot learn anything here from abuse, but I can learn from those closer to the action so to speak.

NYCFC will be massive and immense, and I look forward to this. Who knows what will happen in the future but I sure as hell am going to enjoy the ride we are on.
Then don't use a condescending tone. You're no more in the know than anyone else. Get over yourself.

Your admonishment of "don't bite the hand that feeds you" was just as void of reason. Just because you take 2 paragraphs to be a prick doesn't make your post intellectual or a valuable contribution. I did the same thing, and better , in four words.

Then don't use a condescending tone. You're no more in the know than anyone else. Get over yourself.

Your admonishment of "don't bite the hand that feeds you" was just as void of reason. Just because you take 2 paragraphs to be a prick doesn't make your post intellectual or a valuable contribution. I did the same thing, and better , in four words.

When did I say I was an ITK?
And why are you constantly calling me names? Have you still not read the rules of this place?

It starting to get rather unpleasent in here. How hard can it be to acknowledge and respect other ppls opinions?

Remeber, its still a human being behind the nickname

I apologize to the board and to BlueWolf BlueWolf for calling him a "shit bird" out of anger. Sorry for misdirecting the thread.

Henceforth, I will cease acting as anti-condescension Batman. I guess I'm just not the hero Gotham needs right now.

Humor aside, the apology is sincere. As is my resignation from service. But if you need me, just send up the signal.

Reactions: BlueWolf
Alright guys. I was happy to let the conversation get a little heated at first because I trusted that it would settle down by itself. I do respect voluntarily Midas stepping back, but lest it flare up again I'll going to ask you all either to calm the discussion down and cut out the digs at each other, or I'll lock the thread for a couple of days.

I am here to follow NYCFC and NYCFC only (sounds silly to say but I feel it needs to be clarified for some reason), and you can take what I say or not, I don't care.

It does sound rather silly considering your badge has 'Manchester City' on it, your signature has a link to your own Manchester City fan forum and that whenever another NYCFC fan says anything negative against Man City you're all over them. Maybe that's the reason you feel it needs to be clarified!

Last edited:
It does sound rather silly considering your badge has 'Manchester City' on it, your signature has a link to your own Manchester City fan forum and that whenever another NYCFC fan say anything negative against Man City you're all over them. Maybe that's the reason you feel it needs to be clarified!

Perhaps, but I wouldn't be here otherwise, as it would be a total waste of my time. And of course I will stick up for my club, and where appropriate set the person straight, just as I will about this club anywhere else, as would you, no?

Perhaps, but I wouldn't be here otherwise, as it would be a total waste of my time. And of course I will stick up for my club, and where appropriate set the person straight, just as I will about this club anywhere else, as would you, no?

There's no perhaps about it! You're clearly not here "to support NYCFC and NYCFC only" as you said. I happen to think you're generally quite civil when you comment on here but I think it's your agenda that people take exception to. This is a NYCFC fan forum and your most prominent posts here are promoting Manchester City. I get that you want to defend your club, and I laud that, but I think you must remember that you're not exactly on home turf here. At least not as much as the connection between the two clubs implies.

There's no perhaps about it! You're clearly not here "to support NYCFC and NYCFC only" as you said. I happen to think you're generally quite civil when you comment on here but I think it's your agenda that people take exception to. This is a NYCFC fan forum and your most prominent posts here are promoting Manchester City. I get that you want to defend your club, and I laud that, but I think you must remember that you're not exactly on home turf here. At least not as much as the connection between the two clubs implies.

Again, perhaps, but there will be a remarkable difference when there are real NYCFC things to discuss, as a few alluded to when saying that very little is coming out of the club other than "get your STs now". When I come across NYCFC info that might be of interest (like the radio documentary, pointing out what point to listen to it, should the City bit be of no interest) then I will bring that to the table.

Even on NewsNow the latest piece of news comes from Wednesday, with only 6 items of news (and three of those are pointless to NYCFC, and one of the other three isn't even news) in the last 7 days, and that place updates itself every 5 minutes. So for now it's finding things to talk about to generate interest on this forum, which in turn brings in new members and allows the site as a whole to grow. So, yes, City will pop up a lot, which I will make no apologies for; just as you look to the past to predict the future, one need only look at City to see what might happen in New York.

just as you look to the past to predict the future, one need only look at City to see what might happen in New York.
I think though that most fans recognise the opportunity we have here while building the foundations of NYCFC. We don't want to follow a blueprint (pardon the pun) and look to Man City for our cues. We'd rather just keep our eyes on the future and do our own thing.

I'm enjoying talking with you so maybe we should continue in PM's and get this thread back on track. What's the response to these signings:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-20/heart-add-talented-youngsters-to-squad/5465174?

Melbourne Heart supporter here looking forward to supporting a club in the MLS next year! The reaction to the signing of Connor Chapman has been very well received as he's one of the best young Australian Centre Backs out there. James Brown is an interesting one having not produced anything of note since playing with (now defunct Gold Coast United) and a number of people seem wary of his appointment as in the past Heart have signed many players who have shown glimpses of talent and nothing consistent. Jacob Melling is also promising and seems like a good signing being only slightly out of favour last year at Adelaide he also terminated a contract with one year to go to join Heart which is a very rare occurrence in the A-League. Overall some great signings by Heart in my opinion.

Melbourne Heart supporter here looking forward to supporting a club in the MLS next year! The reaction to the signing of Connor Chapman has been very well received as he's one of the best young Australian Centre Backs out there. James Brown is an interesting one having not produced anything of note since playing with (now defunct Gold Coast United) and a number of people seem wary of his appointment as in the past Heart have signed many players who have shown glimpses of talent and nothing consistent. Jacob Melling is also promising and seems like a good signing being only slightly out of favour last year at Adelaide he also terminated a contract with one year to go to join Heart which is a very rare occurrence in the A-League. Overall some great signings by Heart in my opinion.

What about Aaron Mooy..? ;)

What about Aaron Mooy..? ;)
I haven't talked to a supporter who hasn't liked the signing possibly the best Australian midfielder in the A-League and could be the finest signing that the club has ever made. Mostly because of him being including under the cap (not Australian Marquee which is exempt from the cap a long with the international marquee) it was reported that a couple other A-League clubs were willing to use the Australian marquee to lure him. So it's a pretty significant coup.