Melbourne Heart/city

Without MCFC there is never NYCFC. Why does MCFC need defending. MCFC needs thanking from every NYCFC supporter.
Thanking? I dont think so, using that logic means that NYC wouldnt have a team without MCFC which isnt true. NYC was getting a second team, MC happened to be the highest bidder, there is certainly a group right behind them that would have taken the opporunity

Reactions: Gene
Thing is.. CFG owns NYCFC just like it owns all other teams under its umbrella, it´s not MCFC paying for Villa, it´s CFG itself. I mean.. MCFC can hardly be expected to pay for say a new stadium eh?

I honestly dont care who the owner is and dont care what else they own. I like the knicks and islanders and hate the rangers i dont consider the rangers a sister team to the knicks. Either way as long as ownership acts in the interest of the club lets the soccer people do their job and stays out of things for the most part then i am happy.

Thanking? I dont think so, using that logic means that NYC wouldnt have a team without MCFC which isnt true. NYC was getting a second team, MC happened to be the highest bidder, there is certainly a group right behind them that would have taken the opporunity

I understand that NYCFC could have existed if MCFC (through CFG) had not had the strongest bid...

But it is does not explain the seeming disdain for MCFC of some of the posters on this forum. They are a part of your family, and led to your existence (in this reality). Why such negativity, I think is the question from many of us MCFC supporters who are excited to support and follow NYCFC.

Reactions: grandsolo
I understand that NYCFC could have existed if MCFC (through CFG) had not had the strongest bid...

But it is does not explain the seeming disdain for MCFC of some of the posters on this forum. They are a part of your family, and led to your existence (in this reality). Why such negativity, I think is the question from many of us MCFC supporters who are excited to support and follow NYCFC.

It´s partly because there have been some City fans from U.K on here that have just the dimmest view of NYCFC and it´s fanbase.. You see, just like many in Manchester got no interest in anything but their local team, so most of the NYCFC fans got no interest in MCFC.
Most of them support other teams in Europe or Latin/South America as well given that NYCFC is a brand new venture.

There was City fans from U.K that expected people to be MCFC fans.. Which some of us are but hardly very many

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
It´s partly because there have been some City fans from U.K on here that have just the dimmest view of NYCFC and it´s fanbase.. You see, just like many in Manchester got no interest in anything but their local team, so most of the NYCFC fans got no interest in MCFC.
Most of them support other teams in Europe or Latin/South America as well given that NYCFC is a brand new venture.

There was City fans from U.K that expected people to be MCFC fans.. Which some of us are but hardly very many
I can understand that.

Still, I suppose I just thought they wouldn't hate an affiliated team that mirrors the principles that NYCFC is being built upon, regardless of their club affinity. To hate MCFC would be to hate a part of your own club, I suppose is my perspective.

I can understand that.

Still, I suppose I just thought they wouldn't hate an affiliated team that mirrors the principles that NYCFC is being built upon, regardless of their club affinity. To hate MCFC would be to hate a part of your own club, I suppose is my perspective.

I don´t think anyone here hates MCFC, what some people resent is that sometimes Cityfans turn up that think they know what´s best for NYCFC because it works in the U.K sort of..

I don´t think anyone here hates MCFC, what some people resent is that sometimes Cityfans turn up that think they know what´s best for NYCFC because it works in the U.K sort of..
Fair enough.

I believe in local solutions to local challenges or opportunities so I don't come from that ilk.

But I do think that NYCFC can absolutely benefit from MCFC's experience, playing staff, and infrastructure, though. Those elements may not have been present to the same extent in other bids (even from PSG as they are still growing), so I think everyone, NYCFC or MCFC supporter alike, will appreciate that this is the reality that came about.

Fair enough.

I believe in local solutions to local challenges or opportunities so I don't come from that ilk.

But I do think that NYCFC can absolutely benefit from MCFC's experience, playing staff, and infrastructure, though. Those elements may not have been present to the same extent in other bids (even from PSG as they are still growing), so I think everyone, NYCFC or MCFC supporter alike, will appreciate that this is the reality that came about.

You might also need to know that a "I´m not impressed by ANYTHING" attitude is somewhat common in NY .
But to be honest the relationship between New York and Manchester have not been bad at all.. not even on here ;)

You might also need to know that a "I´m not impressed by ANYTHING" attitude is somewhat common in NY .
But to be honest the relationship between New York and Manchester have not been bad at all.. not even on here ;)

Haha, you're conversing with a English-Spaniard—we make the cynical look like apologists.

We've gone out of the way to leave the 'f-off city' and 'you're welcome for the funds NY' discussions out of here.
Any fans of NYCFC are welcome to discuss the team in a civil manner. We've had a few bad apples but they've quickly been dealt with. Very impressed with how everyone has been getting along despite club affiliations.

Reactions: Gene
NYC would not have the excellent team that will be out together. It's cool. You all can distance yourselves all you want and even bite the hand that feeds you. You will all see in due time

One day I´ll do a graph illustrating how CFG works.. Right now hardly anyone understand what´s what it seems.. :D

One day I´ll do a graph illustrating how CFG works.. Right now hardly anyone understand what´s what it seems.. :D
I know how it works. What is fucking frustrating to us City supporters is the NYCFC supporters creed seems to dismiss City's role in this club. Don't bite the hand that feeds.

Thing is.. CFG owns NYCFC just like it owns all other teams under its umbrella, it´s not MCFC paying for Villa, it´s CFG itself. I mean.. MCFC can hardly be expected to pay for say a new stadium eh?
This is not entirely correct. MCFC created CFG to keep all accounts seperate, even MCFC womens team is under CFG and not MCFC.

I know how it works. What is fucking frustrating to us City supporters is the NYCFC supporters creed seems to dismiss City's role in this club. Don't bite the hand that feeds.
I get that but the issue is if you guys want to make it Man City USA, the club will fail. Why? Because people are proud of where they're from. Additionally Man City doesn't have nearly as many fans in the States and especially NYC as United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. The majority NOT EVERY SINGLE ONE became fans after the title 2 years ago. The fact that you guys are on top of the mountain now makes those other fan bases upset at you so accepting a project to make you guys look even better is tough. If Man City is plastered all over the club, 90% of NYCers that are epl fans won't support it. If this club only has city supporters, it will fail. This is what happened to chivas USA who is the league goat.

Reactions: Capt.Tsubasa