Mikkel "Mix" Diskerud [Midfielder]

Haven't been paying too much attention to this whole thing. Is there any chance he gets back into the team? He's far too good to be not playing IMO.

Reactions: Sabo
To break protocol and actually talk about Mix in his own thread for once, wanted to shout out episodes 101 and 102 (not the most recent episode but the two previous) of BlueCityRadio for making coherent cases for why Mix isn't seeing the field.

I'm still in the pro-Mix camp, but Mike and thesauerchise at least came up with a compelling, on-field story. I'm not sure I buy it entirely, but it was refreshing to hear something other than that Mix killed Vieira's dog.

To break protocol and actually talk about Mix in his own thread for once, wanted to shout out episodes 101 and 102 (not the most recent episode but the two previous) of BlueCityRadio for making coherent cases for why Mix isn't seeing the field.

I'm still in the pro-Mix camp, but Mike and thesauerchise at least came up with a compelling, on-field story. I'm not sure I buy it entirely, but it was refreshing to hear something other than that Mix killed Vieira's dog.
Care to paraphrase it sounds don't have to pull out me headphones at work?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Care to paraphrase it sounds don't have to pull out me headphones at work?
At the risk of putting words in their mouths, lack of tactical acumen and positional awareness to implement Vieira's system. And not a problem of skill/talent/effort/chemistry.

Don't think it merits the full ban to me, but at least a reasonable & plausible explanation for him not earning a spot.

At the risk of putting words in their mouths, lack of tactical acumen and positional awareness to implement Vieira's system. And not a problem of skill/talent/effort/chemistry.

Don't think it merits the full ban to me, but at least a reasonable & plausible explanation for him not earning a spot.
If true and on the money, that would be fascinating considering how out of position other players on the pitch seem to find themselves in. Hell, our best LB, with the most upside transfer value, was constantly out of position because of non-stop forays forward. But whatever, ban me too for rehashing it.

Reactions: joe
If true and on the money, that would be fascinating considering how out of position other players on the pitch seem to find themselves in. Hell, our best LB, with the most upside transfer value, was constantly out of position because of non-stop forays forward. But whatever, ban me too for rehashing it.
Maybe Vieira WANTS his LB to play out of position.

giphy.gif

I'm not saying Mix should be playing every minute of every game, but he should be in the first team roster at least. Way too good for that. Plus, if we wanted to get rid of him it doesn't make any sense to not play him at all. His stock is so much lower now than if he got some game time.

Reactions: Ulrich
I think what it's *about* is pretty plain. Whether or not Mix will agree to a transfer seems less so.

But I can't see how he'd possibly rather ride the bench for another season over getting game time elsewhere.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
I think what it's *about* is pretty plain. Whether or not Mix will agree to a transfer seems less so.

But I can't see how he'd possibly rather ride the bench for another season over getting game time elsewhere.

That's an easy one. He's getting 750k/y to ride the pine here, r/mls talks about him being a good deal at 200-250k/y on other MLS teams.

To be frank, he's probably never going to have a salary this high ever again in his life. You cut costs, save as much of it as you can and pretend like you've won a small lottery. AKA put it all towards retirement. Its a purely financial decision, and a damn good one at that.

That's an easy one. He's getting 750k/y to ride the pine here, r/mls talks about him being a good deal at 200-250k/y on other MLS teams.

To be frank, he's probably never going to have a salary this high ever again in his life. You cut costs, save as much of it as you can and pretend like you've won a small lottery. AKA put it all towards retirement. Its a purely financial decision, and a damn good one at that.
I heartily disagree -- it's very short-sighted. If $750k is $500k more than he'd get elsewhere, he'll cost himself that money in just a couple of years by acting in a way that will make teams stay away.