Mikkel "Mix" Diskerud [Midfielder]

How does a guy go an entire year contributing nothing and eating up that much of a teams salary cap... mind boggling.

Wow, the first couple pages of this thread are pretty funny.
oh god, more like sad. Such happiness and hope at his signing and his early performance. Now look whats become of him/us.
There's probably even another bit somewhere in the middle of the 22 pages that was pretty positive at the beginning of last year. Scored a great goal in the opener in Chicago, was playing centrally after being pushed out on the wing the year before. It all looked so promising...again...until it managed to go even worse than in 2015.

Lot of "ink" spilled on whether he was victimized by two managers or simply a mediocre performer (I'd say both are true). But, either way, he'll always have done this for us:

at least it's just 1 year . . . it's not like Bobby Bonilla getting paid $1.2 million a year for 25 years by the Mets (he deferred part of his salary over time).

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/186391-mets-will-be-paying-bobby-bonilla-for-next-25-years

Mets payroll is what, $125mm? That's 1%. If Mix were 1% of our cap he'd cost $36k. I'd take that for 25 years instead of 25% of our cap for 4 years. Amortize the fuck out of it. But better yet, use the cap exempt cut option and be done.

giphy.gif

Reactions: adam
I don't know why folks were jumping the gun with the countdowns yesterday. Per my extensive experience in waiting until the last minute to do things required by law, deadlines almost always include the date of the deadline. So we should know something today, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the Mar. 2nd deadline NYCFCfan NYCFCfan first mentioned is accurate making the drop-dead date tomorrow.

I don't know why folks were jumping the gun with the countdowns yesterday. Per my extensive experience in waiting until the last minute to do things required by law, deadlines almost always include the date of the deadline. So we should know something today, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the Mar. 2nd deadline NYCFCfan NYCFCfan first mentioned is accurate making the drop-dead date tomorrow.
The Roster Compliance Deadline is today, March 1. I did some quick research and the best I can find is that in years past, the deadline has been 5pm ET FWTIW. Last year, the Deadline was also on March 1 and teams reported their rosters, cuts and other transactions starting the day before the Deadline and continuing throughout the day on March 1, with a bunch towards the end of the day.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I was assured by the league that March 1st was the deadline. No specifics as to time or anything else just literally got an email that said "March 1st"

But I'm going with Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan in that it's probably something like 5pm today or 8pm (5 on the west coast), because why do something now when you can do it later?

Reactions: adam
I was assured by the league that March 1st was the deadline. No specifics as to time or anything else just literally got an email that said "March 1st"

But I'm going with Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan in that it's probably something like 5pm today or 8pm (5 on the west coast), because why do something now when you can do it later?
So how horrific of an uproar will take place when NYCFC, trying to be super chill, actually sends their fax over at 8:01pm pacific time, because of a busy signal, and either the league tells them they missed the deadline, or Mix's attorney catches the error and makes light of it?

I was assured by the league that March 1st was the deadline.
It's also in the MLS Rules and Regulations that today is the Roster Compliance Deadline.

2017 Roster Compliance, Freeze and Transfer Window Dates
  • The 2017 Roster Compliance Date is March 1, 2017, at which time teams must be roster and budget compliant heading into the start of the 2017 MLS season.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
So how horrific of an uproar will take place when NYCFC, trying to be super chill, actually sends their fax over at 8:01pm pacific time, because of a busy signal, and either the league tells them they missed the deadline, or Mix's attorney catches the error and makes light of it?
Just stop, this would never happen.

Last edited: