MLS - April 13 - New England (Home - YS)

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. New England Revolution
Saturday, April 13, 7:30 PM ET
Yankee Stadium
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

Once again, if we don't win this one...why won't Nick Cushing be relieved of his duties?

Once again, if we don't win this one...why won't Nick Cushing be relieved of his duties?

because jovan and ojeda haven't had enough time to get match fit so he'll be given time to let that happen. if he doesn't win a single game in this home stand, i'd be upset if he keeps his job, but i also wouldn't be surprised. i don't know who we would replace him with and at this point, we'd be doing the rest of the season with an interim coach... would that be better? maybe. it could be the same. unless we had a good option to replace him, i don't see cushing going anywhere.

I think if we lose against New England, it is very possible he gets fired. But I also think unless the results dramatically change, he's getting fired at the end of the homestand.

I think if we lose against New England, it is very possible he gets fired. But I also think unless the results dramatically change, he's getting fired at the end of the homestand.

Waste of a homestand.
The Away form of the remaining opponents for this homestand is abysmal:
New England: 0.0 PPG
DC United: 1.00 PPG
Charlotte: 0.25 PPG
Rapids: 1.25 PPG
Blended 0.63 PPG. Combined GD of -10.

If NYCFC does well it proves almost nothing, even if they start scoring multiple goals. It might save Nick's job, but we will have learned very little. And if we don't do better, yes, total waste.

The Away form of the remaining opponents for this homestand is abysmal:
New England: 0.0 PPG
DC United: 1.00 PPG
Charlotte: 0.25 PPG
Rapids: 1.25 PPG
Blended 0.63 PPG. Combined GD of -10.

If NYCFC does well it proves almost nothing, even if they start scoring multiple goals. It might save Nick's job, but we will have learned very little. And if we don't do better, yes, total waste.

That is a fair long-term concern. But at this point, I don't care how we get points. I just want to see us collect some points and move up the ladder.

Hopefully winning can beget winning. My hope is that our biggest challenge right now is mental. And if we can go 3-0-1 over the next four games, collect 10 points (and 11 off this homestand), it will jumpstart us and give the guys confidence to do it in games where we'll be underdogs.

New England is the only team below us in the East on a points per game basis.

New England played two games last week. Last night, they lost to Club America - all the way down in Mexico City. We are the 4th game for them in 11 days, including a long airline trip.

If we can't beat these guys on Saturday, I don't know what we are waiting for in regards to Cushing.

New England is the only team below us in the East on a points per game basis.

New England played two games last week. Last night, they lost to Club America - all the way down in Mexico City. We are the 4th game for them in 11 days, including a long airline trip.

If we can't beat these guys on Saturday, I don't know what we are waiting for in regards to Cushing.
1-1 draw and “we had 4-5 clear cut chances” incoming

seems like no magno, no jovan again.

magno isn't even training with the team yet.

jovan visa issues have no update. so unless it changes before game day, i would expect him not to be available.

Don't worry guys, it's just April. I expect Jovan's visa issues to be resolved by... hm... October.
He dropped an ambiguous reel in instagram today. Opens with shots of New York and an American Airlines jet, then a lot of footage of his gym workouts in Serbia. Optimistically it could mean he's on his way and here's what he's been doing. Or, he's thinking about getting back to NY while still working out on another continent.

Last edited:
I wonder when the visa issue first popped up. Is this one of those things where he had to leave the country to get it sorted, which is why they let him play for Serbia's youth team? Or did he go over there at a time when he shouldn't have, and now it's causing problems?

I tend to think it's the former.

Reactions: Joe_Cos
“Hard times make top teams.”
A loss against NE would really just be another part of the genius of this process. Proof that the plan is coming together perfectly.
You want to know how you really win MLS Cup, miss the playoffs twice in a row

Reactions: VernonJohn
“Hard times make top teams.”
A loss against NE would really just be another part of the genius of this process. Proof that the plan is coming together perfectly.

Tom Hanks Baseball GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre
It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.

Reactions: VernonJohn