MLS Cup Playoffs - December 11 - Portland (Away)

Wait! We had Lovitz? Did we trade him prior to the season or something?

Reactions: Kjbert
Wait! We had Lovitz? Did we trade him prior to the season or something?

IIRC toronto messed up or didnt expect him to be taken and left him unprotected so nycfc took him and that same day we traded him back to toronto for "allocation money" or something like that. i remember toronto fans being pissed at losing him.

Reactions: Kjbert
Just thought I’d post for the first time in forever to remember& appreciate the genius that was RJ Allen.
View attachment 11644
That was an amazing pass, but it remains RJ’s second-best play for us.

His #1 play was later in that same game!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

De Blasio's last chance to have a trophy while in office so I guess he's trying his best here lol.

Also I think this puts to rest the "Will NYCFC get a ticket tape parade" debate, because if this is happening then it would be a ticker tape parade methinks.
(And that would be excellent for publicity ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

Do we have enough fans for a ticker-tape parade? In 1996, there were 3.5 million people on the Yankees parade route. In 2009, it was over a million. If we're not getting those kinds of crowds, maybe it's best to just do a rally at Yankee Stadium or something. It would be kind of embarrassing to do a parade that few people show up for.

Also, I feel like we're putting the cart before the horse right now. Let's get this done first!

De Blasio's last chance to have a trophy while in office so I guess he's trying his best here lol.

Also I think this puts to rest the "Will NYCFC get a ticket tape parade" debate, because if this is happening then it would be a ticker tape parade methinks.
(And that would be excellent for publicity ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

if they win, a ceremony there is fine. we dont have enought for a parade.

Would ya look at that! This is the first occurrence of green vs blue in an MLS Cup Final ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you have not read this, it is worth your time. It's written by the same guy who did the Power Ranking articles all year, and has his usual low key humor sprinkled through:

O is for…Oregon?
The game is in Oregon.​

That's content.

since the higher seeded team started hosting MLS cup final, there has only been ONE TWO finals where the away team won.

In 2015 where portland won 2-1 vs columbus in columbus.
In 2016 where seattle won in PKs over Toronto in toronto (thanks Fantazma Fantazma )

The cards are definitely stacked against us, but I think if we can come out and match/exceed the intensity and get an early goal or two, portland will open up and it'll play right into our hands. Them being a counter attacking team, chanot and callens are gonna have their hands full.

Last edited:
since the higher seeded team started hosting MLS cup final, there has only been ONE final where the away team won.

That was in 2015 where portland won 2-1 vs columbus in columbus.

The cards are definitely stacked against us, but I think if we can come out and match/exceed the intensity and get an early goal or two, portland will open up and it'll play right into our hands. Them being a counter attacking team, chanot and callens are gonna have their hands full.

seattle won too. although technically a draw since it went to penalties vs toronto in 2016